Like so many others, I've been experiencing problems with my yahoo email. The way it usually works is it syncs both way-- between my desktop and my BlackBerry (Tour). ie, if I read something on my desktop, it updates as read on my BlackBerry. All emails arrive on my BlackBerry immediately, etc...

But not for the past few weeks. Now it doesn't sync at all, and I only receive my emails once or twice an hour. They arrive in groups, not immediately after arriving on my desktop or as they are sent.

The reason I've been using Yahoo is because is used to work with the two-way sync. Frankly, I'm sick of this and am looking to find another email provider. I actually have a secondary gmail account, but I don't use it often because it only pushes and doesn't sync.

Unless I'm missing something? Can gmail sync and I just don't know how? Or is there another web-based-email account I can use that syncs?

Thanks...
    09-29-10 12:08 AM
    Gmail is 2 way sync...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 12:32 AM
    I have 2 hotmail/live accounts both are instantaneous on my bb (even before my PC)

I have also tried gmail and yahoo accounts and for all accounts without exception:

emails read/deleted on my bb is replicated on the server - but
    email read/deleted on the server are not replicated to my bb
    09-29-10 07:18 AM
    This is frustrating and I will register my complaints...to whom I am not sure...RIM or Yahoo....

But I got a block of mail at 6:30pm last night that was all sent around 4:45. PITA.
    09-29-10 07:21 AM
    I have been having similar issue where emails are sent in blocks. I sent some to my Yahoo biz account, my regular Yahoo acct, and my Blackberry email account. They all came in together at the same time hours later. Since my BB account was affected too, it leads me to believe it is a RIM issue.
    Last edited by bidaci; 09-29-10 at 07:43 AM.
    09-29-10 07:39 AM
    I have spent a lot of time on the phone with RIM over the past few days. My ticket (originally opened for me by Verizon) was escalated up to TIER 3 very quickly.
    They determined that it was a problem on Yahoo's end, where the notifications that Yahoo should be sending to RIM when there is a change (new message, read/unread, deletion) were not coming through in a timely manner (or at all, in some cases).
    When the RIM BIS server gets a notification, it goes out to the Yahoo server to pull the messages/changes. What has been happening is that when one of the notifications finally comes through, the server pulls all the pending changes, which is why your mail comes to the device in batches.
    They told me they were working with yahoo to get it fixed as quickly as possible.

Around 11:30 PM (EDT), mine started working again, with only a few of the messages (I had a script sending a test message every 5 minutes since last night) delayed by at most a minute or two.

I spoke to them again this morning, and let them know that it seems to ba working again. They told me they were notified by Yahoo at about 12:30 AM today, that they think they fixed the problem, and to keep an eye on it.

It WAS doing fine for me, until about 11:00 AM today. Then, I started seeing delays again. Nowhere near as bad as it has been, but still not great. I'm on hold waiting for the RIM technician again. ;-(
    09-29-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD