Hey all!

I have a curve 8320 and I recently upgraded to the 4.5.0.110 OS.

Before the OS upgrade, all of my e-mail accounts on my BB gave me the "delete on handheld or mailbox & handheld" option. I liked this because if I wanted something to be completely gone, I could choose the "mailbox & handheld" option and it would delete it from my yahoo inbox as well. After the upgrade, I don't get the option to choose... it just deletes from the handheld. Anyone know how I can get the option to choose again?

Thanks!!
    12-26-08 08:48 AM
    While in the messages area for the yahoo account, press the blackberry button. Go to OPTIONS, and select GENERAL OPTIONS. Go down to ACTIONS, and change the CONFIRM DELETE to YES.........I think that might resolve the issue.

chaz
    12-26-08 09:20 AM
    This happened to me after I upgraded my Pearl, was driving me nuts. turns out it's an easy fix. While in your Yahoo e-mail, hit the menu button, then go to options, e-mail reconciliation, scroll down to "delete on" and change that to "prompt". Do the same in any other e-mail accounts you have set up.

voila.
    Last edited by LDubs; 12-26-08 at 09:22 AM. Reason: edited grammar
    12-26-08 09:21 AM
    This happened to me after I upgraded my Pearl, was driving me nuts. turns out it's an easy fix. While in your Yahoo e-mail, hit the menu button, then go to options, e-mail reconciliation, scroll down to "delete on" and change that to "prompt". Do the same in any other e-mail accounts you have set up.

voila.
    I tried this... it still just disappears when I hit delete.

While in the messages area for the yahoo account, press the blackberry button. Go to OPTIONS, and select GENERAL OPTIONS. Go down to ACTIONS, and change the CONFIRM DELETE to YES.........I think that might resolve the issue.

chaz
    By choosing this, it just asks if I'm sure I want to delete.

Neither give me that option of mailbox/handheld or both.

Some of my other e-mail accounts have given me the option, but not yahoo now.
    12-26-08 10:24 AM
    On your bb click on messages>options>email reconciliation>message services(make sure your yahoo email is listed>then click prompt for delete on.

I had the same issue and that worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 10:51 AM
    Oops just saw you tried that and it didn't work. Never mind!

12-26-08 10:57 AM
    On your bb click on messages>options>email reconciliation>message services(make sure your yahoo email is listed>then click prompt for delete on.

Right, make sure delete on is set to:Prompt. wireless reconcile is: ON and On Conflicts is set to :Mailbox wins...
    12-26-08 10:58 AM

That worked perfectly - thank you so much!
    12-26-08 10:59 AM
    Awesome!

12-26-08 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD