08-12-13 05:10 PM
    They pushed the conclusion a bit too far imho

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 05:13 PM
    They pushed the conclusion a bit too far imho

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!!!! I love how this...

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...atives-838409/

Has turned in to BB is up for sale! Got to love the media, they really know how to sensationalize!
    08-12-13 05:15 PM

Has turned in to BB is up for sale! Got to love the media, they really know how to sensationalize!
    What does a company do when it puts itself up for sale? Hang a sign in front of the office?

They've basically come out and said, "if you have an offer, we'll entertain it."
    danprown, app_Developer and bekkay like this.
    08-12-13 05:45 PM
    What does a company do when it puts itself up for sale? Hang a sign in front of the office?

They've basically come out and said, "if you have an offer, we'll entertain it."
    I guess we read different press releases. The one I read just said they were exploring options which include a possible sale BUT involved much more than that. Of course to certain analysts this means a sale for sure.
    08-12-13 05:48 PM
    Yahoo is buying everything else lately why not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    08-12-13 05:52 PM

They have been exploring options and looking for partners for over a year. This reannouncing that "have we are open to any help we can get" along with Perm Watson stepping down, is either a stunt to get the stock price up in the short term and scare some of the short sellers or it's an indication that there is an offer on the table.

It takes some imagination to look at how the launch went, look over the first quarter reports, to listen to the deafening silence from BBRY on how sales of the Q10 and Q5 are going and the fact that there is nothing be negative indicators coming from carriers and most ever analyst. You look at the whole and it isn't hard to make the jump that BBRY doesn't have a whole lot of options at this point.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    08-12-13 06:47 PM
    Yahoo is buying everything else lately why not BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Because Marissa Mayer doesn't think BlackBerry is a smartphone.

http://bgr.com/2012/11/28/yahoo-ceo-...ew-blackberry/

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:48 PM
    I guess we read different press releases. The one I read just said they were exploring options which include a possible sale BUT involved much more than that. Of course to certain analysts this means a sale for sure.
    This is how you say "the plan failed, the company is for sale" in business jargon.
    08-12-13 07:04 PM
    I would have thought that IF Yahoo were to buy a phone OS that it would be BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry needs what Yahoo has and Yahoo needs what BlackBerry has.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    08-12-13 07:35 PM
    But they said that May of 2012 as well. Is this just saying the same thing?
    08-12-13 08:29 PM
    Is yahoo still around? I thought real search engines like Google buried them and their useless ceo.

I would not even credit yahoo as a real news source. They might as well be called the yahoo onion!

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    08-12-13 08:37 PM
    Is yahoo still around? I thought real search engines like Google buried them and their useless ceo.

I would not even credit yahoo as a real news source. They might as well be called the yahoo onion!

Posted via CB10
    The only thing I use Yahoo for is Fantasy Sports. Other than that I wouldn't even know they still existed..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-12-13 10:23 PM
    Because Marissa Mayer doesn't think BlackBerry is a smartphone.

http://bgr.com/2012/11/28/yahoo-ceo-...ew-blackberry/

Posted via CB10
    Yes, yahoo hates Blackberry!

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    08-12-13 10:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    since yahoo useless CEO took over yahoo stock up 75%, and yes yahoo! pretty much alive they worth almost 5 times Blackberry worth..
    08-12-13 10:49 PM
    My thought is LOL. That's all.

I would have thought that IF Yahoo were to buy a phone OS that it would be BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry needs what Yahoo has and Yahoo needs what BlackBerry has.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Honestly, IMO Yahoo wouldn't help BB and BB wouldn't help Yahoo.

The only thing I use Yahoo for is Fantasy Sports. Other than that I wouldn't even know they still existed..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I use Answers sometimes.
    08-12-13 11:02 PM