Since I only have the Toshiba bluetooth stack on my Sony Vaio that runs Windows XP I can't connect to the BB Desktop manager using Bluetooth.

I'd like to know how can I restore the generic Windows XP bluetooth drivers in order to connect to BB desktop manager ... I don't have the original XP CD since it was a downgrade from Vista and I just have a C:/Utils folder with all the existing drivers etc on the laptop. The Bluetooth drivers in this folder are all Toshiba.

I can't find a link to the Xp bluetooth drivers anywhere.

I'm running the latest version of DM and the device is a BB 8130.

I hope someone can help .. perhaps there's another work around or the BB DM will eventually support these other bluetooth drivers.

thanks.
    01-12-09 06:04 PM
    I had a OEM blooth driver installed (Lenovo) also. I think I simply uninstalled the OEM version and did a Windows Update and it prompted me if I wanted to install the microsoft bluetooth driver.
    01-13-09 08:13 PM
    I have Vista with a Kensington Micro. When I first installed it, I attempted to use the cd that came with it - Toshiba. It failed to work.

I uninstalled it. I then forced it to try again and it found some drivers but also gives me an error message and each time I reboot, it wants to search for drivers and I tell it "NO, bad computer!"

Whatever driver it found native to Vista works with Desktop Manager.
    01-13-09 11:30 PM
    I had a OEM blooth driver installed (Lenovo) also. I think I simply uninstalled the OEM version and did a Windows Update and it prompted me if I wanted to install the microsoft bluetooth driver.
    Neither Lenovo or RIM was willing to help me out with this. I was able to glean enough information in the Lenovo forum to figure it out, I removed the Lenovo bluetooth software and got the Microsoft software off the Lenovo site, where it is called the "Microsoft Support File" under Communications/Bluetooth.

The way you did it sounds easier though.

Lenovo doesn't even know there own software- they were telling me with there software you select your own code, it does not generate it for you. But that is actually what the Microsoft Bluetooth does.
    04-07-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD