Its been a while since I used a BB (7290) and I was wondering if I can stream XM radio on a newer BB. On my windows mobile devices I could go to xstreamxm.com (mobile site) and I could stream all the channels through the media player.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-08 01:11 PM
    There is a 3 day (pretty paltry, if ya ask me) trial you can download here. Just be aware it limits you to 20 stations and you don't get to choose which.
    05-18-08 02:46 PM
    Can't use xstreamxm.com. The XM third party client is not so good!

05-18-08 04:19 PM
    I was trying to download xm radio over the weekend too... I have sprint and they don't support this feature.
    05-19-08 09:50 AM
    XstreamXM won't work because BB doesn't support the same format as Windows Media Player.

XM is now offering a new service and application that you can install on your BB to stream channels to your phone. However, it's a subscription based service that costs another $9.99 per month, and it only gives you access to about 20 channels (and as AmazinglyGraceless mentioned, you don't get to choose which 20 channels).

Since you already have a subscription to XM (or I'm assuming, since you can't get the online streams unless you do) think about this: They have specials running all the time to get free or very cheap XM receivers added to your plan. Doing it that way only costs another $6.95 per month, and you get ALL the channels.

Of course, it means having to carry another device, and having a view of the sky, but more channels and lower price seems to be worth it.

Also... do a search about this in the forum. This has been mentioned before, but for your reference, some carriers (like Verizon for sure) have verbiage in their contracts that prohibit streaming media.
    05-19-08 10:36 AM
    I have 4 XM radios on my account that are active right now. In my car, wifes car, home yamaha 7.1 reciever in my living room, and one at my patents house. And yes, worth every penny.

When I was a winblows mobile user I used to use that stream app all the time. I'll pass on the 20 channel limit through that app. I'm suprised someone hadn't tried developing something like xstreamxm for the BB.

05-19-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD