From what posters on CB think, RIM still has a secret weapon up their sleeve that they will reveal which will BLOW the competition away. I mean, you know it's got to be something pretty good if dual core and 1GB of RAM can run it, right?

Samsung is definately at the top of their game right now. They are the only phones that are offering a level of multi-tasking which is unrivaled right now, and which I dont' believe even BB10 and their "Active Frames" will able to touch. This software is ONLY able to run flawlessly on their equipment because of the hardware capabilities. And with custom launchers being made that are already emulating some of what BB10 offers (to a degree), I believe that, once again, BB10 will be late to the party. For those who haven't yet seen what Samsung is capable of, check it out:

This is already available on the Note II, the Note 10.1, and soon (if not already) on the GSIII
    So your 4.5 inch tv show turns into a 2 inch one. No thanks. I consider multi tasking going back and forth really quick and apps embedded within one another. Blackberry can do this. Its not a race to see who can display the most apps on the screen at once. Maybe a little peek at my alerts but other then that two or three things on a screen that size is too small.
    12-08-12 10:26 AM
    [QUOTE=Rickroller;7769154]From what posters on CB think, RIM still has a secret weapon up their sleeve that they will reveal which will BLOW the competition away. I mean, you know it's got to be something pretty good if dual core and 1GB of RAM can run it, right.[QUITE]

So you're saying BlackBerry 10 will "leap frog the competition?"
    12-08-12 10:35 AM
    Lol..Blackberry isn't even discussed on other sites, unless its a "Coming from Blackberry" thread..
    At first I read your response and thought, "wow, he took that literally". Then I noticed your avatar and the wow went away.
    12-08-12 10:36 AM
    So your 4.5 inch tv show turns into a 2 inch one. No thanks. I consider multi tasking going back and forth really quick and apps embedded within one another. Blackberry can do this. Its not a race to see who can display the most apps on the screen at once. Maybe a little peek at my alerts but other then that two or three things on a screen that size is too small.
    Exactly, that's a horibile way of multitasking, double tap video and tap an icon at the top vs swipe from the bottom in BB10. Besides, what he's showing would never be any good on a normal sized smartphone.
    12-08-12 10:39 AM
    I'll let you know about the SGIII!!!!!!Attachment 127652

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Congrats Q...the SIII is a great device. I'm sure you'll love it.
    12-08-12 10:46 AM
    Feature not available on Blackberry: gimmicky, impractical, useless, don't want it.

Feature unique to Blackberry: innovative, practical, a must-have
    Gee seem it works all ways. I see it anyway from all sides.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-08-12 10:47 AM

Off topic, sorry, maybe.

That looks huge in your hand lol. Hope ya love it.
    12-08-12 10:50 AM
    Congrats Q...the SIII is a great device. I'm sure you'll love it.
    LOL, do we congratulate people when they buy a new phone now as if they achieved something? Hmmmmmmm
    12-08-12 10:50 AM

How about you don't? Some of us are tired to hear about other phones.
    pungster, sk8er_tor and Jake Storm like this.
    12-08-12 10:53 AM
    LOL, do we congratulate people when they buy a new phone now as if they achieved something? Hmmmmmmm
    I'm congratulating her because she's a device junkie and she just grabbed a good one...I'll be congratulating you when you grab your first BB10 device as well Belfast.
    12-08-12 11:03 AM
    Off topic, sorry, maybe.

That looks huge in your hand lol. Hope ya love it.
    It IS AWESOME!!!! Not too big...

I think going to the London will be very easy....been using my iPhone A LOT. Now this one.....I wonder how the predictive text on it will be. This keyboard is NICE.

Transition to all touch all the time will be easy.

Jelly Bean ROCKS!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    12-08-12 11:04 AM
    How about you don't? Some of us are tired to hear about other phones.
    12-08-12 11:21 AM
    Exactly, that's a horibile way of multitasking, double tap video and tap an icon at the top vs swipe from the bottom in BB10. Besides, what he's showing would never be any good on a normal sized smartphone.
    Swipe from the bottom in BB10? Are you referring to the PB? Where you swipe up and minimize your video, but that's all you can do because you can't actually open email and pdf (or anything else) at the same time, without it minimizing. Lol..of course you're going to have to hit a button for full screen or half screen. ZOMG! That's sooo hard You guys crack me up..
    12-08-12 11:24 AM
    One would wonder why he clicked on a thread CLEARLY about another device if he's so tired of reading about them.

notfanboy likes this.
    12-08-12 11:37 AM
    Swipe from the bottom in BB10? Are you referring to the PB? Where you swipe up and minimize your video, but that's all you can do because you can't actually open email and pdf (or anything else) at the same time, without it minimizing. Lol..of course you're going to have to hit a button for full screen or half screen. ZOMG! That's sooo hard You guys crack me up..
    Yes, you swipe from the bottom in BB10 too to minimize running apps. Besides, why are you even comparing a 10 inch tablet? All that would not be possible on a smartphone. Well, possible yes but useless.
    12-08-12 11:39 AM
    If that bothers you so much from now on when people make a thread about buying a new device i will lock it since we dont want people to congratulate them and tell them its a great device
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-08-12 11:40 AM
    If that bothers you so much from now on when people make a thread about buying a new device i will lock it since we dont want people to congratulate them and tell them its a great device
    Lol, you can congratulate Samsung on making a great device, not the user for having the cash to buy the product.
    12-08-12 11:41 AM
    Tapatalk REALLY needs to fix the Ignore functionality.:banghead:

12-08-12 11:48 AM
    Lol, you can congratulate Samsung on making a great device, not the user for having the cash to buy the product.

What do YOU care about what cash I've got?!? By God's mercy I owe YOU no explanations.

12-08-12 11:50 AM
    Yes, you swipe from the bottom in BB10 too to minimize running apps. Besides, why are you even comparing a 10 inch tablet? All that would not be possible on a smartphone. Well, possible yes but useless.
    So you're also saying that having 8 open frames with BB10 is also going to be "useless". I mean, you're still going to have to click on one of them to open them up, right? The whole point of the video is to demonstrate the power and ability of the multi-tasking, which is unrivaled as of right now. Whether you find it useful or not is a moot point, just as trying to point out to Rain Man that Judge Wapner wasn't a good show would be a moot point. Those people who have Note II's would argue about whether it's "useless" or not on a phone..
    12-08-12 11:56 AM
    So you're also saying that having 8 open frames with BB10 is also going to be "useless". I mean, you're still going to have to click on one of them to open them up, right? The whole point of the video is to demonstrate the power and ability of the multi-tasking, which is unrivaled as of right now. Whether you find it useful or not is a moot point, just as trying to point out to Rain Man that Judge Wapner wasn't a good show would be a moot point. Those people who have Note II's would argue about whether it's "useless" or not on a phone..
    I have a Note II, it is pretty useless lol. I'm sure some people find it great but for me, it's just eye candy. Arguing the effectiveness of user based features is really the moot point here. It's like saying the LED flashing is a great thing, but I know some people who don't give a damn if they ever have a LED flashing.

Anyway, people just need to chill..

12-08-12 12:01 PM
    as cool as the concept is. if your watching a video and emailing your either not emailing or watching the video. just pause the darn thing. lol
    Oooh de ja vu! I have seen this exact line of reasoning used before years ago. At That time it was a discussion between an Apple and an Android fan. The Apple fan was attempting to justify why multitasking was useless to him. And he probably believed it too, at the time. But when Apple implemented task switching features, he probably forgot about his original rationalizations.
    12-08-12 12:47 PM
    What do YOU care about what cash I've got?!? By God's mercy I owe YOU no explanations.

I don't and I never asked for an explanation.

I was just making a point on congratulating somebody for just having the cash to buy a product. Kinda silly don't you think?

There are many reasons to be congratulated in life, but buying something aint it.
    12-08-12 12:50 PM
    It's useless because a small smartphone screen wouldn't allow you to do what you demonstrated on a 10 inch tablet.
    12-08-12 12:51 PM
    I had to buy a new electric shower today, anybody care to congratulate me on it? LMAO
    12-08-12 01:01 PM
119 1234 ...