Hi, i got a replacement blackberry today and did the restore contacts by email
    Someone elses contacts came up a girls contacts and this completely baffled me, how could someone elses come up? was it just an error on part of the rim servers?
    someone please enlighten me
    i then deleted everyone and just added my own contacts... but later had a contact request and i accepted n the guy said i added him but it was a friend request sent to me

Please tell me someone thankssss
    04-14-10 12:37 PM
    Are you talking about BBM contacts?

If you restored remotely that it is pretty weird. First time I've heard something like
    that. I just backup my contacts locally on my memory card anyway. I don't have
    much faith in the remote backup.
    04-14-10 01:05 PM
    yeah! my bbm contacts, i added my email again, told it to restore contacts, and someone elses contacts came up, then i deleted them all, later on someone else added me so i deleted them, n the girl whos contacts came up she added me then deleted me, its weird! i wanna find out how this could happen.
    04-14-10 01:19 PM
    Is it possible she did not release the pin from her own contract at the time you were doing that so maybe her e-mail was a backup as well? If it wasn't that something odd.
    04-14-10 02:26 PM
    Is it possible she did not release the pin from her own contract at the time you were doing that so maybe her e-mail was a backup as well? If it wasn't that something odd.
    but my phone is entirely new,
    i went to restore my contacts from my email address and out of nowhere her contacts came up??? i was shocked.

its even weirder that after i deleted all the contacts and added my own, she added me a hour later and then deleted me? whats that all about.
    04-14-10 02:46 PM
    If it's a replacement it could have previously been that person's and not entirely cleared from their BIS or something, but I don't know why they would add then delete you.
    04-14-10 02:55 PM
    If it's a replacement it could have previously been that person's and not entirely cleared from their BIS or something, but I don't know why they would add then delete you.
    its a brand spanking new handset. ive got my own bis on my own contract, i just exchanged my faulty handset for a new one. it was a new one. as i work for the store where i had it exchanged, and we dont exchange for old ones.
    04-14-10 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD