And this video from BlackBerry Czech proves it: https://t.co/sqqXUN2cJD

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 12:27 PM
    Oh yeah, I saw that too. Go Blackberry.. this is the publicity you need
    04-10-14 12:55 PM
    My Blackberry already sends emails in 1/8th of a "Oh no" second.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-10-14 01:00 PM
    Can he do it on a fresh BB10 device with GBOWR staffers vetting it?
    04-10-14 01:01 PM
    There has not really have to be a staff from Guiness present. A WR involves paiyng registration and filling out paperwork. Then you can basically state whatever the record is supposed to be yourself. Guiness might give some rules.

Guys, please share the video
    04-10-14 01:12 PM
    There has not really have to be a staff from Guiness present. A WR involves paiyng registration and filling out paperwork. Then you can basically state whatever the record is supposed to be yourself. Guiness might give some rules.

Guys, please share the video
    Didn't know that. Cool.
    04-10-14 01:14 PM
    My friend set a world record in "the longest distance kitesurfing on a strapless surfboard", in Aruba. There had to be a video with clear time stamp when starting and finishng and several witnesses signing their testimonies. Noone from Guiness came to oversee.
    04-10-14 01:17 PM
    That video is so pointless. Even in the video you can see that the words he typed on the BlackBerry had already been typed before. Who knows how many times he has typed it in to get the word prediction to do that.

It proves absolutely nothing except for that guys has enough spare time on his hand to enter a phrase over and over. I'm pretty sure my Android keyboard would do that also if I spent the time typing only the same thing all day long.

Try timing the phone again with a randomly generated phrase or a fresh out of the box phone and it won't be nearly as impressive.
    bekkay, shaleem, Acidwire and 7 others like this.
    04-10-14 01:18 PM
    That video is so pointless. Even in the video you can see that the words he typed on the BlackBerry had already been typed before. Who knows how many times he has typed it in to get the word prediction to do that.

It proves absolutely nothing except for that guys has enough spare time on his hand to enter a phrase over and over. Try timing the phone again with a randomly generated phrase and it won't be nearly as impressive.
    To be fair, I agree. I think for it to man something, it would be done on fresh device. That was how it was explained to me a while back when Swype owned the record; prediction can be manipulated.
    KoreyTM, Acidwire and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-10-14 01:21 PM

It proves absolutely nothing except for that guys has enough spare time on his hand to enter a phrase over and over. I'm pretty sure my Android keyboard would do that also if I spent the time typing only the same thing all day long.

Try timing the phone again with a randomly generated phrase or a fresh out of the box phone and it won't be nearly as impressive.
    That's true, but take a look at Windows Phones typing video again.

Do you really think that it was his first time typing on the sentence on the Windows Phone as well? Haha
    Raddin likes this.
    04-10-14 01:25 PM
    This. The video was too rigged. The BB10 predicted practically every word he was about to type with one letter. In a paragraph with esoteric terms this does not appear reasonable. The long geographical or scientific S- term being predicted is particularly ridiculous.
    Acidwire, shaleem, Raddin and 2 others like this.
    04-10-14 01:29 PM

Do you really think that it was his first time typing on the sentence on the Windows Phone as well? Haha
    I honestly didn't pay much attention to the windows device, but I agree completely. I personally think for these typing competitions to mean anything, it needs to be random phrases and a fresh phone. Word prediction shouldn't be a factor.

Humans don't communicate using only one phrase over and over after all.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-10-14 01:34 PM
    So for all the doubters: try to start typing "Pygocentrus" on your BB10. Bet you have never typed that on your phone before, so go ahead and see what happens.
    jevinzac, Marauder2, tfp and 3 others like this.
    04-10-14 01:45 PM
    I'd still love to have a little fun and have a one on one with any virtual keyboarder vs me and my 9930 (first choice) or Q10. I would have so much fun, and be excited if I were beat
    04-10-14 01:48 PM
    P-y-g brings up a lot. P-y-g-o brings up Pygocentrus on both BB10 keyboard and Swype.
    04-10-14 01:48 PM
    P-y-g brings up a lot. P-y-g-o brings up Pygocentrus on both BB10 keyboard and Swype.
    Thank you.
    04-10-14 01:51 PM
    Thank you.
    I only needed to type P-y before I saw it... probably because I don't talk much about pyromaniacs or pylons...
    04-10-14 02:21 PM
    I only needed to type P-y before I saw it... probably because I don't talk much about pyromaniacs or pylons...
    To be fair, it does show up on P-y for me, but isn't the main suggestion.
    04-10-14 02:41 PM

Watch the video dude, he typed it all without word prediction. Every word was swiped letter by letter.

Instead of having it's fans make these pointless videos, why don't we just ask BlackBerry to make the keyboard better? That would make everyone happy.
    neo158, dolco and Raddin like this.
    04-10-14 03:03 PM
    Watch the video dude, he typed it all without word prediction. Every word was swiped letter by letter.

Instead of having it's fans make these pointless videos, why don't we just ask BlackBerry to make the keyboard better? That would make everyone happy.
    What he meant is that the guy that's typing on the WP was not his first time using WP 8.1.

He's already an experienced WP 8.1 user.
    04-10-14 03:50 PM
    What he meant is that the guy that's typing on the WP was not his first time using WP 8.1.

He's already an experienced WP 8.1 user.
    It's one thing to be an experienced user and another to set up a phone keyboard to predict a certain phrase and then claim it's fast.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    dolco and Raddin like this.
    04-10-14 07:04 PM
    It's one thing to be an experienced user and another to set up a phone keyboard to predict a certain phrase and then claim it's fast.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    It's a swipe keyboard. It's all about how fast the person is using it.... nothing more, nothing less. If that person was to use the Android version of the same keyboard, it would, more than likely, turn out to be the same. Bottom line, swipe keyboards are stupid fast for those that have the entire keyboard memorized and know the swipe movement... and the spelling of every word they want to type.

If I were to be using swipe, just like the Windows dev conference demo, I'd have been spelling it out. Does that make it a fast keyboard? No... The P-Y example is case and point. I would have never brought that word up... never... yet it showed up and I simply swiped it as opposed to going letter by letter in my head. This is real world application, not that of some accomplished "geek"( I use that term as endearment, not defamation )
    igor10000 and lynxs_claw like this.
    04-10-14 07:10 PM
    My friend set a world record in "the longest distance kitesurfing on a strapless surfboard", in Aruba. There had to be a video with clear time stamp when starting and finishng and several witnesses signing their testimonies. Noone from Guiness came to oversee.
    No need nowadays, this (electronic) evidence + witnesses should be conclusive enough...

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    04-10-14 07:28 PM
    Hey Guys?

Has anyone actually tried typing the paragraph on your BB10 device? It's AMAZINGLY accurate at predicting the next word.

It took me just 26 keypresses (other than spaces and swipes) to type the entire paragraph on a brand new (never used) device. I had not typed any of these words previously to performing this test.

Try it for yourself on your device. The letters in caps below are the letters I began to type, and the words in (brackets) are the keyboard predictions which I could simply swipe. Amazing.

T - (The) R-A (Razor)-T-O-O-T-H (Toothed)(Piranhas)(of)(the)GENER (Genera)(Serrasalmus)(and)(Pygocentrus)(are)(the)( most)FE(Ferocious)(freshwater)(fish)(in)(the)(worl d)IN REA (reality)(they)(seldom)(attack)HUMA(human)S

VIDEO PROOF:

Now with this kind of prediction built into BB10, I'm sure someone could break the fastest keyboard in the world record on a BB10 keyboard.

Edit - By practising, I'm pretty confident I could smash the record myself using a stock BB10 device. It's a simple matter or memorising the keystrokes required and letting the amazing prediction of BB10 do the rest.
    Last edited by higherdestiny; 04-11-14 at 07:39 AM.
    vrud, tfp and Paintman321 like this.
    04-11-14 07:18 AM
    What does all this prove? People become proficient on the device they use everyday. Other than that it means nothing.
    04-11-14 07:24 AM
67 123