Keyboard is still my favorite BB feature
    recompile likes this.
    11-01-11 11:34 PM
    Two days ago, I've been asking two girls (around 15 yo) that where texting in the queue at my supermarket "why are you BB ? For BBM ?" both simultaneously no-no shake heads and one voice answered : "the keyboard !".
    Glad to know RIM's marketing strategy is to cater to the 15 year old crowd now. Aim high, RIM. Aim high.
    11-02-11 08:55 AM
    Glad to know RIM's marketing strategy is to cater to the 15 year old crowd now. Aim high, RIM. Aim high.
    no. Its the appeal. Nothing else.....
    11-02-11 10:01 AM
    I wonder if people have all the trouble with Driods and Windowns phone's like we do with our Blackberry's ? The main reason i stick with Blackberry's is the key pad.
    Absolutely. All platforms have their own issues. I dont mind a battery pull every now and then, compared to a dead battery after 6 hrs or GPS that doesn't work. That said, any company can make a lemon too.

Non BB users who post here would like you to think otherwise, but even AndroidCentral and TiPB forums are filled with issue threads.
    11-02-11 11:41 AM
    Absolutely. All platforms have their own issues. I dont mind a battery pull every now and then, compared to a dead battery after 6 hrs or GPS that doesn't work. That said, any company can make a lemon too.

Non BB users who post here would like you to think otherwise, but even AndroidCentral and TiPB forums are filled with issue threads.
    I've yet to encounter a single problem with my 4s in the week I've had it. I'm not having the battery problem as I read to turn off the time zone thing before I even got it. It's not crashing and even 1 and 2 star apps are working flawlessly on my phone. Just because there are 50 or so threads with problems doesn't mean the other 3,999,950 people who ordered a 4S are having problems also. It's only a small sampling of people who are having problems with their phones. My GPS works fine. Siri works great and is good for laugh and my apps work smoother, they work better and I'm pleased. I've still got my Storm2 and use it from time to time, but the iPhone is my main phone now.

By the time a month passed with my first Curve 8530, I already needed a new phone because the speakers quit working and it lagged even with only my NHL app and Yahoo messener installed on it.
    11-02-11 12:23 PM
    I've yet to encounter a single problem with my 4s in the week I've had it. I'm not having the battery problem as I read to turn off the time zone thing before I even got it. It's not crashing and even 1 and 2 star apps are working flawlessly on my phone. Just because there are 50 or so threads with problems doesn't mean the other 3,999,950 people who ordered a 4S are having problems also. It's only a small sampling of people who are having problems with their phones. My GPS works fine. Siri works great and is good for laugh and my apps work smoother, they work better and I'm pleased. I've still got my Storm2 and use it from time to time, but the iPhone is my main phone now.

By the time a month passed with my first Curve 8530, I already needed a new phone because the speakers quit working and it lagged even with only my NHL app and Yahoo messener installed on it.
    So under that similar vein of logic the number of threads regarding the problems with blackberries are a small sample of the overall people who are currently using them.

No?
    Fatoomah likes this.
    11-02-11 12:32 PM
    Yeah, I don't really understand his point. I was specifically talking about my friends Android GPS and battery issues, where she has had the handsets replaced more than once.

As for the forum issues, they speak for themselves. My buddy has had more issues on his iPhone 4 since iOS 5, but I'm not about to make a blanket statement on that. Its been pretty reliable prior.

I've used a WinMo Treo, 2 Blackberries and I have friends with iPhones and Android. They all have bugs every now and then. They are mini computers. ****, even people I know with cheap (free?) feature phones get issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-02-11 01:10 PM
    The browser on the 9900 is pretty good. The question the other night was "who put the treasure on Oak Island?" Sad to say although there is no definitive answer the 9900 was the clear winner in the Iphone vs 9900 search battle. And really what more do you want in a game of toy vs toy?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-03-11 05:45 PM
    Wheres the add campain on this phone? it looks so good in pictures!!
    JR A likes this.
    11-07-11 02:07 AM
    So under that similar vein of logic the number of threads regarding the problems with blackberries are a small sample of the overall people who are currently using them.

No?
    You missed my point. My point was not every single person with a BB had problems with theirs, just like not every iPhone4S user has problems with their phone.
    JR A likes this.
    11-07-11 09:03 AM
    I agree Rim needs to up there advertising. BB7 is so nice and has some very cool functions that people need to know about it. I am constantly showing off my new 9850 and people are like wow that's a BB. I think if people understood just how much you can do with BBM they would drop there current phones in a second. I don't need a big texting plan because most of the time I use BBM.
    11-07-11 09:19 AM
    I think if people understood just how much you can do with BBM they would drop their current phones in a second.
    Doubt it. BBM is the same thing as Yahoo messenger and Google talk except it's a BlackBerry specific feature only. I can't see people dropping their Androids and iPhones to come flocking back to BB to use BBM.
    11-07-11 09:23 AM
    Doubt it. BBM is the same thing as Yahoo messenger and Google talk except it's a BlackBerry specific feature only. I can't see people dropping their Androids and iPhones to come flocking back to BB to use BBM.
    Thankfully, not everyone shares your opinion. BBM is not the same as the two you've mentioned unless you don't really understand what BBM is and how it works.
    11-07-11 10:19 AM
    Thankfully, not everyone shares your opinion. BBM is not the same as the two you've mentioned unless you don't really understand what BBM is and how it works.
    Understand it just fine. Used it for many years.

It messages other BB users only. Yahoo messages any member with a Yahoo account regardless of platform.
    You can share photos. So does Yahoo.
    You can share files. So does Yahoo.
    You can have group chats. So does Yahoo.
    You have a music cloud. So does Yah Nope. Got me there.
    You can send out annoying broadcast messages asking people to send this message out or your BBM account will be suspended. So does Yah Nope. Got me there again.

Yep. Music cloud and broadcast messaging. That'll bring the masses back.
    11-07-11 11:44 AM
    Add that whole BBM Connected thing too. Games over BBM, send App World download links directly to BBM through App World. Its got a few new goodies too. Nothing ground breaking, but neat stuff. Oh and add buddies via Barcode scanning. SMS integration, if you want that too.
    11-07-11 11:53 AM
    Add that whole BBM Connected thing too. Games over BBM, send App World download links directly to BBM through App World. Its got a few new goodies too. Nothing ground breaking, but neat stuff. Oh and add buddies via Barcode scanning. SMS integration, if you want that too.
    Out of the years I've used BB and still to this date, I've yet to scan a barcode for anything. For me at least, it's just easier to enter the PIN.

Never used App World. When I did, I'd instal AW then delete it as soon as I was done. Useless waste of space.

Still, compare that to what an iPhone or Droid can do and BB doesn't even have a chance.
    11-07-11 12:35 PM
    Out of the years I've used BB and still to this date, I've yet to scan a barcode for anything. For me at least, it's just easier to enter the PIN.

Never used App World. When I did, I'd instal AW then delete it as soon as I was done. Useless waste of space.

Still, compare that to what an iPhone or Droid can do and BB doesn't even have a chance.
    If your current Berry isn't running OS 7, you're right, it doesn't compare to iPhone or Droid

The new OS 7 phones, specifically the Bold 9900 can do just about everything those platforms can do.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-07-11 09:37 PM
    If your current Berry isn't running OS 7, you're right, it doesn't compare to iPhone or Droid

The new OS 7 phones, specifically the Bold 9900 can do just about everything those platforms can do.

Sent using Tapatalk
    OS7 is quite the upgrade, but there are a few things that OS7 devices can't/won't do that make adoption difficult for some. Well, for me at least.
    11-07-11 09:45 PM
    OS7 is quite the upgrade, but there are a few things that OS7 devices can't/won't do that make adoption difficult for some. Well, for me at least.

Like what?

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-07-11 09:46 PM
    I agree.

However, we can't control that. All we can control is what we do. And it never hurts to show off our BBs to others in a positive light
    Like how people stare when we have to do our daily battery pulls?
    11-07-11 09:50 PM
    C'mon! Droids and iPhones get stuck too. At least we CAN pull out our batteries
    11-07-11 09:57 PM
    I have to do a battery pull on my HTC Sensation 4G about once every 4 days or else the battery just suddenly starts to die, no pull and it starts using over 10% per hour when idle. I also pull my 9900 battery about once per week, force of habit I guess.
    11-07-11 10:06 PM
    Like what?

Sent using Tapatalk
    Couple of things I use almost everyday (this is work alone; no entertainment):

• Bonafide, functional business applications (like Dropbox and Skype).
    • Far reaching cloud compatibility
    • Gapps functionality

Some more things I use less frequently (still work only).
    • Hotspot functionality
    • Remote computer management
    • Netflix (yep, use for work)
    • Social networking one-touch share

Now, these are work functions (I handle social media and such for my organization). OS7 does do a lot of these things, but is also hamstrung by a sparse ecosystem. I know RDM software does exist for BB, but none as functional as Teamviewer with regards to ease of use.

Admittedly, most of it is just ecosystem, in my opinion. Doesn't change my opinion of 0S7 being pretty nice. I was pleasantly shocked.
    11-07-11 10:07 PM
    Saw you're from Mars. Guess only thing you have to worry about is the occasional anal probe. Couldn't resist.
    HAAAA!!! actually, I think you got that a little backwards... I'm from Mars, we do the anal probing on you earthlings, so I don't have to worry about it... everybody else does...

That was just really dirty.... sorry about that! (Everybody should blame ColdSunshine for that, she's the dirtybirdy!)

EDIT: Oh sh!t, just saw you're a girl... me too... but you're still a dirtybirdy
    Last edited by Echelon6277; 11-08-11 at 07:25 AM.
    11-08-11 07:20 AM

Sent using Tapatalk
    Sorry, but I disagree. I have a Storm2 and an iPhone and there are a lot of things that my iPhone can do that my Storm cant. There are also things my Storm has that my iPhone doesn't have. Even if I had an OS7 BB, there would still be limits as to what I could do. OS7 isn't that much of an upgrade from the other OS. TreyL gave a partial list about the things that iPhones and Androids can do vs what a BB can't do. I like both of my phones FTR.

C'mon! Droids and iPhones get stuck too. At least we CAN pull out our batteries
    I haven't had to unstick my iPhone but if I do, I turn the phone on and off and < 20 seconds later, I'm back up and running. With my Storm2 after a battery pull, I'm waiting up to 5 minutes before my phone becomes fully usable.

HAAAA!!! actually, I think you got that a little backwards... I'm from Mars, we do the anal probing on you earthlings, so I don't have to worry about it... everybody else does...

That was just really dirty.... sorry about that! (Everybody should blame ColdSunshine for that, she's the dirtybirdy!)

EDIT: Oh sh!t, just saw you're a girl... me too... but you're still a dirtybirdy
    I couldn't help it. The Mars thing was just too easy.
    11-08-11 08:47 AM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD