... is the response I got from both my sister and sister's friend when I pulled my 9930 out of my holster when it rang. I guess they saw the BB branding.

But, to say the least, they were impressed. My sister's friend said, "It's a BlackBerry? It looks so sexy..."

Then I let both of them type on the keyboard, and when I tapped the screen to launch an app, they both said, "OMG I want one!" The keyboard + touchscreen really took them by surprise.

And once I launched the Wikitude app and started a BBM conversation with some random person I found on Wikitude (with the camera scanning feature), they went bananas. They couldn't put it down.

They wrere REALLY impressed with everything, especially the look and feel of the Bold. Keep in mind these are two college-aged girls. One has an iPhone, the other a leading Android device.

The somewhat sad part is that they were oblivious to the fact that this was BB's latest phone. They asked when did this phone come out, I said "about three months or so", and they never even heard a drop in the pond about it. I then told them it's one of three new BB phones this year (Curve, Bold, Torch), and they responded, "There's THREE new ones?!"

So, what have you done to spread the BB goodness?
    Last edited by jranciano; 10-29-11 at 01:52 AM.
    10-29-11 01:46 AM
    Their responses prove that RIM needs to learn how to market their devices...
    10-29-11 02:06 AM
    Their responses prove that RIM needs to learn how to market their devices...

I agree.

However, we can't control that. All we can control is what we do. And it never hurts to show off our BBs to others in a positive light
    10-29-11 02:09 AM
    I agree.

However, we can't control that. All we can control is what we do. And it never hurts to show off our BBs to others in a positive light
    Agreed. At least you just helped people find a device they otherwise would have never knew existed.
    JR A, maddie1128, menaknow and 1 others like this.
    10-29-11 02:09 AM
    I suggested one for my girlfriend. Her response was "Eeeewww!"

She actually held on to her G2x with its cracked screen instead. A for me, I am going through keyboard withdrawal right now without my Bold.
    10-29-11 05:39 AM
    Yes, i also agree... right advertising for Blackberry branding is the key.
    10-29-11 07:28 AM
    I'm sure we need some good advertising from RIM. Then you'll have millions of people like that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 07:37 AM
    Right now I'm like a BlackBerry advocate among my workmates and friends. They knew me as a devoted iPhone user for pretty long time. So every time I exposed my Bold 9700 (first time it happened probably a year ago) they were like 'What the heck?! Where's your iPhone? Is that Nokia or something?'... I was facing their sarcasm stoically. Then I bought my Bold 9780. And they began to ask me about that device, still clinging onto their iPhones and Androids. But the fact that I didn't heal from (as they thought) temporarily BlackBerry fever made them curious. I told them about real push, nice battery life, overall friendly and completely adjustable UI and those details made them surprised.

A couple of my workmates who were addicted to their iPhones began to show a sick interest in BlackBerry. They kept asking me about functions, options, push notifications and of course battery life. I was glad to help them out providing all the information they needed.

Finally, a couple of months ago I bought my Bold 9900. And it's practically blew everybody away. Lots of my colleagues and friends were amazed by how stylish and sturdy my device looked. Those pesky iPhone fans were almost in tears. )))))))

Right now I'm responsible for converting two (2) highly devoted and conservative iPhone users to BlackBerry admirers. Yep, they have tossed their apples for berries.

Without even doing much I manage to spread the good about BB all over my mates.

It's not hard, since BlackBerry is soooooo seductive. You just need to try it once.... ))))))))))
    DPSydBerry, JR A, Guatiao and 1 others like this.
    10-29-11 07:44 AM
    ... is the response I got from both my sister and sister's friend when I pulled my 9930 out of my holster when it rang. I guess they saw the BB branding.

But, to say the least, they were impressed. My sister's friend said, "It's a BlackBerry? It looks so sexy..."

Then I let both of them type on the keyboard, and when I tapped the screen to launch an app, they both said, "OMG I want one!" The keyboard + touchscreen really took them by surprise.

And once I launched the Wikitude app and started a BBM conversation with some random person I found on Wikitude (with the camera scanning feature), they went bananas. They couldn't put it down.

They wrere REALLY impressed with everything, especially the look and feel of the Bold. Keep in mind these are two college-aged girls. One has an iPhone, the other a leading Android device.

The somewhat sad part is that they were oblivious to the fact that this was BB's latest phone. They asked when did this phone come out, I said "about three months or so", and they never even heard a drop in the pond about it. I then told them it's one of three new BB phones this year (Curve, Bold, Torch), and they responded, "There's THREE new ones?!"

So, what have you done to spread the BB goodness?
    Most young people I know think they all look the same with the tiny screens and keyboard.
    mithrazor likes this.
    10-29-11 07:49 AM
    This is similar to my experience when I had an HD7. I whipped it out on front of a friend once and he asked me what it was and when I told him he still had no clue.

I've seen videos of the 9900 and that is easily the best lookin BB ever made to this point imo.
    10-29-11 09:43 AM
    Improved browsing experience is what RIM needs in the worst way. The bb browser cannot even hold a candle to iOS or Android. Cringing every time I would want to look something up on the go is not exactly what you want from a "Smart" phone. So sick of seeing checkerboard.
    10-29-11 12:23 PM
    I think we know the moral of this story was...

Is your sister's friend hot???

10-29-11 12:26 PM
    I have set two up in the last few weeks and spent a few hours using one. Definitely a huge improvement and well designed. The same goes for BB7.

However, I was glad to get back to my phone. It is not enough to make me consider going back in the least. To each his own.
    K Bear likes this.
    10-29-11 03:48 PM
    i had a friend that HATED Blackberry from her Heart .. because she has an old Mini Curve and it always lags and goes Crazy .. she REALLY hated it .. then i told her that i'm going to buy a bb and she was going like : if you do that you're crazy ..
    Then i sent her a link of a review of 9900 and told her .. Just see it won't hurt you , im not telling you to like it or not just see it .. Then what i've got back was .. Looks nice how much is it ? xD
    That's how 9900 is Charming B)
    skyrider007 likes this.
    10-29-11 04:24 PM
    She might think Smart Cars are cool too.

10-29-11 05:56 PM
    I think we know the moral of this story was...

Is your sister's friend hot???

Why do you think she was with me?

10-29-11 07:49 PM
    THIS is why RIM needs to promote this phone more!

When most people think of Blackberry, they think of their old clunky 8330's with OS 4, so that's why they think Blackberrys cant compete with iPhone's and Android.

The 9900/9930 is a HUGE improvement. OS 7 is awesome and the phone is beautiful. The web browser has improved 1000%

If there were more commercials or ads for this phone, more people would see that Blackberry is awesome!

Sent using Tapatalk
    anon(73368), JR A and mithrazor like this.
    10-29-11 07:49 PM
    Great post Jayranciano!
    I used to never recommend BlackBerry before the Torch1, even tough I had one. Now, with the OS7 devices I only recommend BlackBerry unless the person has a unique situation.
    I've added six people to the BlackBerry family since the new OS7 phones and each one I've added to my BBM. Why? Because it is an awesome device and because it pisses me off that BlackBerry gets such a bum wrap for the smallest thing and other phone makers can make a phone that drops your calls, now the new phone battery can't get you though the day or swap batteries!
    give me a break! How dare the hatters come to our website and tell us we are drinking the Kool-aid!

The new BB's are fantastic!
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-29-11 at 08:37 PM.
    JR A likes this.
    10-29-11 08:20 PM
    Great post Jayranciano!
    I used to never recommend BlackBerry before the Torch1, even tough I had one. Now, with the OS7 devices I only recommend BlackBerry unless the person has a unique situation.
    I've added six people to the BlackBerry family since the new OS7 phones and each one I've added to my BBM. Why? Because it is an awesome device and because it pisses me off that BlackBerry gets such a bum wrap for the smallest thing and other phone makers can make a phone that drops your calls, now the new phone battery can't get you though the day or swap batteries!
    give me a break! How dare the hatters come to our website and tell us we are drinking the Kool-aid!

Are you trying to say BBs don't drop calls? Not trying to argue with you, asking a simple question.
    10-29-11 08:52 PM
    Great post Jayranciano!

Ah. So a phone which has awful battery life and drops its calls outsells the entire BlackBerry line by a wide margin? Hmmm. . . maybe it is time for a management shakeup at RIM.
    10-29-11 09:11 PM
    Ah. So a phone which has awful battery life and drops its calls outsells the entire BlackBerry line by a wide margin? Hmmm. . . maybe it is time for a management shakeup at RIM.
    Even the peanut gallery seems to be struggling, time for a shake up in that dept too?
    Dapper37 likes this.
    10-29-11 10:01 PM
    THIS is why RIM needs to promote this phone more!

When most people think of Blackberry, they think of their old clunky 8330's with OS 4, so that's why they think Blackberrys cant compete with iPhone's and Android.

The 9900/9930 is a HUGE improvement. OS 7 is awesome and the phone is beautiful. The web browser has improved 1000%

If there were more commercials or ads for this phone, more people would see that Blackberry is awesome!

Sent using Tapatalk
    Exactly!They need to promote the 9930. It is an awesome phone. They need to get to their carriers and get aggressive. I've had quite a few people tell me they couldn't believe this is a BlackBerry. Get the word out RIM!
    10-29-11 10:04 PM
    Improved browsing experience is what RIM needs in the worst way. The bb browser cannot even hold a candle to iOS or Android. Cringing every time I would want to look something up on the go is not exactly what you want from a "Smart" phone. So sick of seeing checkerboard.
    Simple, upgrade your 9650 to a bold 9930 Done!!
    lorax1284 likes this.
    10-29-11 10:22 PM
    Right now I'm like a BlackBerry advocate among my workmates and friends. They knew me as a devoted iPhone user for pretty long time. So every time I exposed my Bold 9700 (first time it happened probably a year ago) they were like 'What the heck?! Where's your iPhone? Is that Nokia or something?'... I was facing their sarcasm stoically. Then I bought my Bold 9780. And they began to ask me about that device, still clinging onto their iPhones and Androids. But the fact that I didn't heal from (as they thought) temporarily BlackBerry fever made them curious. I told them about real push, nice battery life, overall friendly and completely adjustable UI and those details made them surprised.

A couple of my workmates who were addicted to their iPhones began to show a sick interest in BlackBerry. They kept asking me about functions, options, push notifications and of course battery life. I was glad to help them out providing all the information they needed.

Finally, a couple of months ago I bought my Bold 9900. And it's practically blew everybody away. Lots of my colleagues and friends were amazed by how stylish and sturdy my device looked. Those pesky iPhone fans were almost in tears. )))))))

Right now I'm responsible for converting two (2) highly devoted and conservative iPhone users to BlackBerry admirers. Yep, they have tossed their apples for berries.

Without even doing much I manage to spread the good about BB all over my mates.

It's not hard, since BlackBerry is soooooo seductive. You just need to try it once.... ))))))))))

Love the story. Your the first poster from Russia that I've seen (perhaps theres more) So keep up the good work and tell you friends about CB aswell.
    antikorr likes this.
    10-29-11 10:27 PM
    I wonder if people have all the trouble with Driods and Windowns phone's like we do with our Blackberry's ? The main reason i stick with Blackberry's is the key pad.
    10-29-11 10:34 PM
97 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD