Haters gonna hate
    BThunderW and BBMak like this.
    02-03-13 10:23 PM
    I couldn't imagine anything worse than a THREAD DEDICATED to complaining about some generalized group of people (who allegedly are the majority).

I agree there is an awful lot of poor reasoning, hypocrisy, and histrionic reasoning going on here, though we apparently disagree on the mindset of the type of people who are producing the majority of it. My advice, and what I certainly think would make the board a better place - rather than what is tantamount to an emotional "hate/complaint" thread (I hope you see the hypocrisy inherent in that) - is to deal with specific posts you disagree with, in a detached, logical, unemotional way.

However, your posts strongly suggest that you don't mind opinion or emotionalism, you simply don't like it when the opinion or emotion differs from your own. Your final prescription: that people only be allowed to "root" for BB, may well make you - and some others -happy, but it will kill any meaningful discussion, and any intellectual truth, the board may have.
    What he said except in my own words: Get of your high horse you ******!
    02-03-13 10:26 PM
    I dont see it as an inside joke at all. No matter what features they showed, it wouldn't have been good enough. So they went in the opposite direction. If this ad upsets people, then they have bigger issues than the ad. It is just my opinion, I loved the ad, and love all the attention it is getting. They are following up with so much more advertising as well.
    Well, you're creating a false binary choice--display features or not, but that is not the only possibility.

I'm not sure anyone said they were "Upset" by the ad. My opinion is that it wasn't very effective.

As far as getting attention...if you're judging by what's being talked about here...then again...INSIDE. Crackberry fans don't need convincing, we likely already want it and know a TON more about it than ANY commercial could convey. The Goal (in my opinion) is to make OTHER people say "Hey, I am going to check out that new Blackberry." I don't happen to think that will be the reaction.

If you LOVED the ad...well, great. Show it to all your friends (non BB users) and see how they react to it. I hope they say "WOW, I want one of those now!" Well, I hope they say "I want one of those SOON."

KAM
    02-03-13 10:27 PM
    Well, you're creating a false binary choice--display features or not, but that is not the only possibility.
    I'm not, the ad did. That was the point.
    02-03-13 10:29 PM
    Here's my opinion. The ad was a waste of money BBRY doesn't have. I doubt any stockholders would be happy with it. They could have spent 30 seconds doing something silly with the Timeshift camera. I can think of plenty ways to do that in 30 seconds.

That what forums are for. Obviously some opinions will be childish and idiotic but again, that's what a forum is for. Just ignore the ones you don't like or address it.
    The number 1 rated commercial on NFL.com would suggest otherwise...........
    02-03-13 10:34 PM
    I agree and disagree this thread is just adding to the problem and states fair points but then if the crackberry community weren't judgmental then we would be lieing to say there's no room for improvement who better to express concerns then educated crackberry members who are long term blackberry users and saying that regular people who are trying to do blackberry a Job. We are the users and what's good for us is good for them we are positive as much as we are negative and we are negative only because we love blackberry and want them to succeed. And trust me blackberry is listening to the crackberry community.
    02-03-13 10:34 PM
    The number 1 rated commercial on NFL.com would suggest otherwise...........
    I didn't like the ads, but I still voted for it... and now it got the attention of CB nation... we know how powerful the nation is on surveys like this
    02-03-13 10:39 PM
    Let me get this straight. Two days ago people complained that the launch was horrible because they didn't show enough new features (everything they showed was already know by CB readers etc.)

Now people are saying they should have showed features in the commercial? If you ask me, a thirty second commercial on time shift/balance/the flow/BBM video/whatever else would have been the most lame commercial in history. Instead they did something different, with special effects and such.

What if they did show the features? People would've complained because they had already seen all the features. The same people.

I liked the commercial, maybe I'm crazy. ???
    02-03-13 10:41 PM
    What he said except in my own words: Get of your high horse you ******!
    Well seems like since this thread has 75 likes that more people agree with me then don't
    FoggyScholar and BThunderW like this.
    02-04-13 12:16 AM
    Well seems like since this thread has 75 likes that more people agree with me then don't
    Well, there we have it. Democracy. There shall therefore be no complaining from here on in. Or complaining about any complaining. Or complaining about ... you get the drift.
    02-04-13 12:19 AM
    Well, there we have it. Democracy. There shall therefore be no complaining from here on in. Or complaining about any complaining. Or complaining about ... you get the drift.
    Thank you.
    02-04-13 12:21 AM
    people are voicing their opinions on the product

if BlackBerry wants to succeed they should do more listening to the people on these forums you are criticizing

if people followed what you are preaching here in this thread BlackBerry will go bankrupt
    Actually no, people are not criticizing the product, they are criticizing an ad. Blackberry Should Listen to people's feedback on the actual product, but they don;t need to take their feedback on their marketing strategy, unless this is somehow offfensive to the consuumers.
    02-04-13 12:27 AM
    Not sure about the ad. So short. I was in a room full of friends. They were all talking and by the time anyone noticed the ad it was over. One person asked me if I had that blackberry. The other 3 did not notice the commercial.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 12:28 AM
    Not sure about the ad. So short. I was in a room full of friends. They were all talking and by the time anyone noticed the ad it was over. One person asked me if I had that blackberry. The other 3 did not notice the commercial.
    Sounds like your friends were having a good time like they should have been and not paying attention to commercials. Haha.
    02-04-13 12:29 AM
    Every fan forum is this way unfortunately
    02-04-13 12:31 AM
    This is the smartest thing someone has posted in the last 5 days. Congrats for not only thinking it but saying it. Excellent analogy and points brought up. I clicked on this thread because I thought it was going to be negative but no. I only wish I came up with all this first
    02-04-13 12:33 AM
    Don't worry - having been here a while, things always go back to normal. I Have a lot of faith in the crackberry community

I particularly love the person above - complaining about how the OP is complaining about people complaining.

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    02-04-13 12:41 AM
    Every few days, someone feels the need to start a new thread berating at least 50% of the people expressing an opinion, pro or anti BlackBerry. Couple of insults thrown in, 'fanboy', 'whining', 'arrogant', etc.
    Expressing their own viewpoint as fact, and having a go at others for disagreeing.
    What always surprises me is that post ends up with 20s, or 30s of thanks, likes, etc.
    The original post, from an impartial point of view, is probably the second biggest troll post I've seen in the last week, barring that dude who randomly started stupid threads saying 'har har BlackBerry iz ded' when the Z10 launched
    If you don't like someone else's posts, discuss their POV with them, ignore them, do anything, but don't start a new thread whinging about people expressing an opinion. That's just sad.
    02-04-13 03:27 AM
    Well, I hope you get some good responses then.

However, even if someone says: I think Blackberry needs to reach a wider audience and be more clear about what their new product is. It doesn't mean that they as CONSUMERS have the skill to produce the thing that they think will be effective.

I can DESCRIBE a product I would love, but it doesn't mean I can make it.

KAM
    I think people are thinking of this commercial in isolation of the rest of the marketing plan. Will be interesting to see how the plan unfolds.
    02-04-13 05:41 AM
    I think people are thinking of this commercial in isolation of the rest of the marketing plan. Will be interesting to see how the plan unfolds.
    Well, that may be an issue, because there is no assurance that the Superbowl crowd is going to see the other ads, or make them WANT to seek them out.
    I hope people DO respond to this and find further information, because I'd love to see BB succeed.

KAM
    02-04-13 08:04 AM
    Fixed that for ya.What makes your opinion more valid than someone who liked the ad?
    the problem with the ad is that it could literally have been used for any other phone. take out the z10 and replace it with a 3310 and it will be the same. there is no incentive to research the product because the ad provided no hook.
    the only people the ad would appeal to is blackberry fans.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 08:40 AM
    Let me be clear, I don't know anything about marketing so I will wait and see the entire campaign and it's results before I form an opinion.

But I have to say results so far seem to be positive overall. Maybe that's why the guys who are doing it are being paid a lot to do it and I'm just writing on a forum. :-)
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-04-13 09:33 AM
    Let me be clear, I don't know anything about marketing so I will wait and see the entire campaign and it's results before I form an opinion.

But I have to say results so far seem to be positive overall. Maybe that's why the guys who are doing it are being paid a lot to do it and I'm just writing on a forum. :-)
    OR, it might have something to do with the fact that they are actually in the business of finding clients, and you (not knowing anything about marketing) probably are not.

KAM
    02-04-13 09:45 AM
    the problem with the ad is that it could literally have been used for any other phone. take out the z10 and replace it with a 3310 and it will be the same. there is no incentive to research the product because the ad provided no hook.
    Perhaps the intent was only simple awareness - BlackBerry 10 is out and/or RIM is still in business and ballsy enough to buy a Superbowl ad during the most expensive slot of the year (aka - they aren't bankrupt after all).
    02-04-13 09:55 AM
    Perhaps the intent was only simple awareness - BlackBerry 10 is out and/or RIM is still in business and ballsy enough to buy a Superbowl ad during the most expensive slot of the year (aka - they aren't bankrupt after all).
    maybe, but if that was the case they shouldnt have featured the z10. they kind of made it look bland and i frikkin love the phone.
    i said in another thread that when i get home i will do a detailed post on how i would have done a 30 second ad under a new topic, please feel free to leave opinions on that
    wont be for a few hours yet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 10:29 AM
85 1234