I love BlackBerry e-mail. I've used other devices and to be honest, I actually left BB a few years back only to come back running. Largely because of the e-mail. Not only does it push ALL e-mail, but how it handles info and all the shortcuts.

I tought I knew all the stuff I could possibly want on it by now. However, yesterday, while reviewing my first of ten e-mails, I accidentally swipped the screen from right to left. I noticed something new (at least new to me), the screen went to the next e-mail.

I was surprised. I did not need to exit the current and click on the next e-mail. I jsut swipped and went to the next one!

Oh, yeah. I love my BlackBerry even more now. I get about 50-60 e-mails a day and about 5 of them are important, 10 are somewhat interesting, and the rest are scan and delete. This feature is awesome.

Am I the last person that did not know this or is this kinda new?
    03-15-12 10:24 AM
    been there for several years on the touchscreen devices atleast. No sure if it works with a trackball or pad
    03-15-12 10:34 AM
    It was introduced with os6.

Yes it does work with a trackpad swipe.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9350 using Tapatalk
    03-15-12 10:42 AM
    I'm using the 9900 and I figured this trick out by accident as well. However even with the trick my fingers are used to tapping the back button and heading down to the next email. Very useful nevertheless
    03-15-12 10:46 AM
    I love BlackBerry e-mail. I've used other devices and to be honest, I actually left BB a few years back only to come back running. Largely because of the e-mail. Not only does it push ALL e-mail, but how it handles info and all the shortcuts.

I tought I knew all the stuff I could possibly want on it by now. However, yesterday, while reviewing my first of ten e-mails, I accidentally swipped the screen from right to left. I noticed something new (at least new to me), the screen went to the next e-mail.

I was surprised. I did not need to exit the current and click on the next e-mail. I jsut swipped and went to the next one!

Oh, yeah. I love my BlackBerry even more now. I get about 50-60 e-mails a day and about 5 of them are important, 10 are somewhat interesting, and the rest are scan and delete. This feature is awesome.

It is indeed great. You have been a bit behind.
    It actually works on BBM and texts as well.
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 03-16-12 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo
    03-15-12 11:00 AM
    So cool! I just discovered this with BBM as well when I accidentally swiped and ended up in another conversation I had going.

LOVE BB!!!!!!
    03-15-12 11:24 AM
    Never been able to make it work on my 9700 running OS6.
    03-15-12 05:21 PM
    You have to turn it on. Message options -> message display and actions -> swipe between messages.
    03-15-12 05:41 PM
    Sweet

By accident I found I can swipe days in the Calendar app
    03-15-12 06:16 PM

Welcome out of your cave. Please shield your eyes until they adjust to the sunlight.
    Blackberry_boffin likes this.
    03-15-12 06:35 PM
    LOL I discovered that awhile back on accident as well
    03-15-12 07:05 PM
    You have to turn it on. Message options -> message display and actions -> swipe between messages.
    Don't have the option to "swipe between messages" in "message display and actions" on OS6 668. It just ain't there.
    03-15-12 08:04 PM
    I found this feature by accident too and loving it ever since. Joys of BB includes discovering cool useful functions
    03-16-12 01:06 PM
    I found this feature by accident too and loving it ever since. Joys of BB includes discovering cool useful functions
    ya its always great to discover new things
    03-16-12 01:09 PM
    This is a horrible feature that I wish I could disable. When I try to scroll to the side to view pictures in an email, it gets to the end of the picture then warps to the next email... Forcing me to start over again by backing up, clicking on the correct email, and scrolling all the way back down to where I left off. Grrr
    03-17-12 08:46 AM
    If you press N for next and P for Previous on your keyboard you can move between emails in the same fashion

I actually find this to be fare faster than the swiping method when handling emails because my fingers are on the keyboard I can move through my morning emails like so

N, SPACE, SPACE, SPACE, T, R(or L) repeat through each one,

the touchscreen takes all those slick navigation features away for a couple of swipes.
    03-17-12 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the tip
    From another "cave Dweller"
    03-17-12 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the tip
    From another "cave Dweller"
    Calling me a "cave dweller" eh!
    03-17-12 12:55 PM
    Welcome to the future.
    03-17-12 03:26 PM
    Calling me a "cave dweller" eh!
    NOooo! A earlier poster used that term and I was, apparently ineffectively, attempting tp be supportative.
    03-19-12 01:59 AM
    NOooo! A earlier poster used that term and I was, apparently ineffectively, attempting tp be supportative.
    No offence taken. Lol. I'll just grab my club and go catch a dino for dinner. Gotta send a few emails first though. Hehe.

Alan.
    spike12 likes this.
    03-19-12 02:23 AM
    Welcome to the future.
    I'm sorry, I didn't know you could swipe from a new email to a new sms, to a new mms, to a new yahoo messenger chat to o new google talk chat etc on your iphone
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 03-19-12 at 03:24 AM.
    03-19-12 03:18 AM
    I found it by accident too on my 9800 not long after I had gotten it. Got me in trouble a couple times sending txt to wrong person. Took me a few days to figure out what was going on. Lol
    03-19-12 09:46 AM
    Does not seem to work w/ my 9900 ... I wish I could.
    Thanks for sharing anyway
    03-19-12 09:58 AM
    Does not seem to work w/ my 9900 ... I wish I could.
    Thanks for sharing anyway
    You can
    03-19-12 10:29 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD