A Z10 would look and feel more like an iphone. They are probably keying in on the non-QWERTY keyboard aspect.

To each their own. Why provide a choice?
    To be honest, I agree with your last statement.
    As much as I value personal freedom of choice, if my phone is company provided, and does the intended job, I do not really have a right to expect that my personal preference for a BlackBerry/iPhone/Android will be considered. Obviously the same applies to touch vs keyboard.

If however, the hardware choice isn't adequate for the needed tasks (that was the case with Blackberry in my company. BlackBerries didn't support the custom made enterprise apps we use, so we had to switch to Android/iOS. Which made a lot of employees happy because they complained for years now.) then I as an employee would expect my employer to do something. In a certain way, this concept can also be applied to "happiness/satisfaction".
    A satisfied employee, who isn't annoyed by his phone (I mostly think of those people getting a BBOS device between 2011 and 2014) will usually be more productive because he is happier. A more productive employee usually means more ROI for an enterprise. We therefore have a psychological reason to adapt Android/iOS in the workplace as well, that has implications that are positive for the productivity apart from apps.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-02-15 05:19 AM
    Send back the Classics, and buy them Z30 while you can. If they prefer the Z10 to the Classic, then they will love the Z30, and you will be buying them a true upgrade in processor and overall device speed. Classic provides no real hardware improvements over the Z10 / Q10, and neither will the Rio/Leap.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 and Norg like this.
    03-02-15 06:02 AM
    You'd have a point if the smartphone market would have had a respectable size in 2006 already. It didn't.

You'd also have a point if Android manufacturers wouldn't have tried to produce slider and candy bar QWERTY phones. They did try it with keyboard phones and failed.

Last but not least, you'd might have had a point in the case of people still buying some keyboard phones. With a marketshare of 99.9% for touchscreen phones however, there isn't even a competition, and even less of a question of what people would prefer. If 1 out of 1000 buyers "prefers" a physical keyboard, and 999 want a touchscreen, then there is no competition. The question, what people prefer, isn't even necessary.

There is another part to that as well:
    The way we use smartphones, make physical keyboards unnecessary.
    Physical keyboards take away screen space, add bulk, and don't fulfil any meaningful purpose anymore. Software keyboards, be it in terms of versatility and providing screen space, or even typing speed, are superior nowadays.
    Heck, try to write in 3 different languages with different alphabets on a physical keyboard...

Smartphones are companion devices. "Real work", like writing long spreadsheets, docs, using Photoshop, most of the coding etc is done on PC.
    There are many reasons for that, but screen size, hardware power and ease of use are reasons for that.
    And as long as the smartphone is a companion device, it doesn't need a physical keyboard.
    (an exception are emerging markets. There smartphone and tablets are the primary access to the Internet for a lot of people. In their case, screen size is important and a physical keyboard still doesn't make sense)
    I really don't have time to respond to all the points you responded to which you claimed to not be points. It's okay to have a different opinion but it's also good to read and try to understand what someone is saying or trying to say before dismissing their points simply because you may not have the capacity nor patience to see nor understand them. One of the points I made was that it was Apple who shaped the modern, post BlackBerry Smartphone era in which we currently live in. I never gave a set time-frame in my post and never implied that all of this took place in 2006 or any particular year or over any specific period. It was only after Samsung had the success it did after trying to match Apple in design and features and because of factors such as their brand recognition, combined with the free advertising Apple gave to them because of the lawsuits as well as the fragmented, congested and confusing Android handset market which led to the rise of Samsung's and Android's (and touchscreens') dominance in the smartphone space today. Google spent a lot of effort trying to get Android to match iOS in terms of speed, smoothness and polish for it to really be a contender in the market. People were able to do similar things on Android phones that others could do on iPhones. BlackBerry with their keyboard phones which had comparably low specs and an outdated OS were not able to match this experience. It is because they followed the template set by Apple that they (Google and Android manufacturers) were able to grab so much of this market. Apple dictated that the way forward was touchscreens and that is what everyone else had to do in order to stay relevant. Had Apple made an iPhone with a keyboard the world would have been singing a different tune. Apple understands how to bring out a piece of technology and make people feel as if it's the best thing. There are many people who think that Android is synonymous with Samsung. They way I use my Smartphone makes typing on this beautiful BlackBerry Passport keyboard which has the exceptional benefit of its touch technology a much more enjoyable experience vs typing posts and having to touch and smudge my screen with an all touch phone when I'm browsing the web and reading. Some might agree with my experience and others may not. The first thing I said in my previous post was, "This is my opinion".

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    03-02-15 07:18 AM
    I really don't have time to respond to all the points you responded to which you claimed to not be points. It's okay to have a different opinion but it's also good to read and try to understand what someone is saying or trying to say before dismissing their points simply because you may not have the capacity nor patience to see nor understand them. One of the points I made was that it was Apple who shaped the modern, post BlackBerry Smartphone era in which we currently live in. I never gave a set time-frame in my post and never implied that all of this took place in 2006 or any particular year or over any specific period. It was only after Samsung had the success it did after trying to match Apple in design and features and because of factors such as their brand recognition, combined with the free advertising Apple gave to them because of the lawsuits as well as the fragmented, congested and confusing Android handset market which led to the rise of Samsung's and Android's (and touchscreens') dominance in the smartphone space today. Google spent a lot of effort trying to get Android to match iOS in terms of speed, smoothness and polish for it to really be a contender in the market. People were able to do similar things on Android phones that others could do on iPhones. BlackBerry with their keyboard phones which had comparably low specs and an outdated OS were not able to match this experience. It is because they followed the template set by Apple that they (Google and Android manufacturers) were able to grab so much of this market. Apple dictated that the way forward was touchscreens and that is what everyone else had to do in order to stay relevant. Had Apple made an iPhone with a keyboard the world would have been singing a different tune. Apple understands how to bring out a piece of technology and make people feel as if it's the best thing. There are many people who think that Android is synonymous with Samsung. They way I use my Smartphone makes typing on this beautiful BlackBerry Passport keyboard which has the exceptional benefit of its touch technology a much more enjoyable experience vs typing posts and having to touch and smudge my screen with an all touch phone when I'm browsing the web and reading. Some might agree with my experience and others may not. The first thing I said in my previous post was, "This is my opinion".

Posted via CB10
    But Jobs would have never considered a PK for the IPhone. He strongly believed Touch was the future. Touchscreen is what made the IPhone so popular today because it enabled the Company to create stuff that would be limited in a PKB phone. It also helped the IPhone stand out from the crowded PKB market in the beginning and that was key to its overnight success.
    03-02-15 11:15 PM
    But Jobs would have never considered a PK for the IPhone. He strongly believed Touch was the future. Touchscreen is what made the IPhone so popular today because it enabled the Company to create stuff that would be limited in a PKB phone. It also helped the IPhone stand out from the crowded PKB market in the beginning and that was key to its overnight success.
    Exactly. Full touch allows you to support many languages with the same device and many different VKB. PKB you are stuck with the implementation you get. When you don't need it, it goes away, when you need just a pin you put up numbers, when password input you get a modified keyboard with common characters added. Steve even stated this in his original iPhone announcement. Now that the devices, screens and VKB have improved greatly since the iPhone set the industry direction, the PKB isn't needed by most people. Type in glass when in the field, type on a keyboard at your desk. Pounding out dissertations on a mobile device isn't efficient compared to a PC, and Voice to text is even finally becoming a reality.

It's like the scene in Star Trek IV where Scotty couldn't believe he had to use a keyboard and mouse to work with the computer and wanted to talk to it. The future is here and physical punching of buttons is becoming a thing of the past, and this is from a die hard previous PKB guy all the way back to the Treo 600 who swore he'd never have a device without a PKB.

Posted via CB10
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    03-03-15 09:33 AM
    Send back the Classics, and buy them Z30 while you can. If they prefer the Z10 to the Classic, then they will love the Z30, and you will be buying them a true upgrade in processor and overall device speed. Classic provides no real hardware improvements over the Z10 / Q10, and neither will the Rio/Leap.

Posted via CB10
    I would highly recommend this strategy. They will get a more capable phone and you will save money.

Posted via CB10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    03-03-15 11:26 AM
    I would highly recommend this strategy. They will get a more capable phone and you will save money.

Posted via CB10
    I would say, as for the Passport case: the size of the phone is important.
    Those ones aren't for everyone and I can easily imagine some employees still preferring Z10 over the z30 even if the later is a beast comparatively.

I'm a Passport (and still a bit a q10 user) and I have little hands, but damn that PP is the current BB's beast!

As usual matter of tastes and of your need about the devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:39 PM
    What adjustment time are you guys talking about? If the employees used 99xx's and bb10 they already have a good general idea of how the classic works. Maybe they just prefer the z10. Not everyone who likes/loves BlackBerry prefers pkbs

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 09:31 AM
    E. Yftxf f

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:44 AM
    E. Yftxf f

Posted via CB10
    Huh??
    03-15-15 08:57 AM
    Huh??
    Thought it was just me lol
    03-15-15 09:21 AM