What's with the battery comments? The Z10 may have a fresh OS but it is older now. Realizing mine was a couple of years old, I put in a new battery and now it lasts morning to night again. The ability to replace the battery is one of its advantages so maybe any user of Z10 having dissatisfaction should do so?

TCB on Z10
    02-28-15 02:37 AM
    Doesn't matter which Blackberry phone you like, if it doesn't sell then it doesn't sell. Doesn't really bother me though, I hope my Z10 can last another 3 years before I find something else.
    02-28-15 04:05 AM
    people are afraid that other people laugh that they are using a keyboard. It's like retro and I had the same idea using my Z30 and buying the Passport and now 4 months later I love the keyboard and my phone. It's also fits better in my jeans than a Sony Z2,Z3 ,Samsung S5 or Iphone 6plus.
    02-28-15 04:09 AM
    Got the same with the Q10 vs Classic! Q10 all the way for everyone(removeable battery, smaller size, fresh look, etc..)! Luckily I bought only one to see if it fits.
    02-28-15 04:36 AM
    Well they will prefer the battery life of the classic
    Loled at that one. I'm actually tempted to switch to the classic because of the battery life.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 05:55 AM
    The excitement of my new shipment of BlackBerry Classics came today for all my employees. Over time and through the years we've gone from the Storm to the Curve, upgrading to the 9930s, the Zed 10s, and now the Classics. In a meeting today I handed out all the new Classics with some overlay here during it where my employees can still use there Zed 10s and the Classic at the same time until next week give or take having to swap their BlackBerry IDs back and forth for personal between the two devices.

The surprise here was that after two hours of intense usage on the new Classic and so forth, an overwhelming majority spoke and said they prefer the Zed 10 over the Classic. I was in shock, literally as this goes past the point of just everyday general preference(s) for the full qwerty vs. the touch. I guess it's just 'shock value' here where I've spent an enormous investment in these new classics, but with the Z10s, I'm at a lost for words.

I suppose if I can afford to allow them to use both I will and maybe it will take a bit of an adjustment period on either side of the line, but, for example, how all of us embraced the 9930 at the time vs using the Classic, there's no comparison, and to think, that for the most part after two years with the original flagship device as the Zed 10, with the specs being almost identical give or take a few, I'm thinking about the embracing period here. A resounding 'wow' here. I really thought they'd be excited as I took polls, had them read the reviews and so forth, not to mention how the new classics will work with our BES10 etc., I don't know what to say.

I guess as an owner in relation to BlackBerry, I am an early adopter. BlackBerry is every much a part of my professional life as it is personal and I want my employees to be happy. I suppose if they have to use both I may let them as I need to go over integration and so forth of keeping the Zeds and using the new Classics.

Still to this day, the Zed 10 to me was way ahead of its time (see my post on "A time in passing: Remembering my Zed 10, two years, the flagship of beauty in a new era")

That Z10 is still as strong today for all the right reasons. Curious to see where the Classics will take us...
    Wow! Let me work for you! I'd be happy with anything BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:47 AM
    I just bought Q10 and love it. But, I can't leave my Zed 10. So, I use both of them. For surving Zed 10. For working, emailing, taking foto, Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:55 AM
    The vast majority of people prefer all touch over physical keyboards. The free market has made that abundantly clear.
    02-28-15 07:32 AM
    To be honest, the classic is really a very limited device designed to migrate 9900 users who can't live without the tool belt. Anyone else who prefers a keyboard phone is going to pick a passport especially given current pricing. Everyone else is going to pick a Z10/Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Limited......how?

Anyone is going to pick a passport? Based on what facts? The passport is huge, and not everyone prefers that awkward size.

Everyone else is going to pick a Z10/Z30? Or....maybe they won't pick a BB at all.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 07:46 AM
    No, you would be wrong. It is basically a myth that physical keyboard phones are popular amongst business users. I am not talking about these phones being better or worse. It is just a fact.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong? Based on what? Who said anything about "business users"?

What is "just a fact"?

Or are you just guessing?
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 07:49 AM
    What's with the battery comments? The Z10 may have a fresh OS but it is older now. Realizing mine was a couple of years old, I put in a new battery and now it lasts morning to night again. The ability to replace the battery is one of its advantages so maybe any user of Z10 having dissatisfaction should do so?

TCB on Z10
    I agree. I was lucky my Z10 was never as bad as some but the new OS made a big difference. My Z10 was later on the production run too. Amazon has a replacement battery for 10 dollars. I would try cleaning the contacts too.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:49 AM
    LOL. You guys need to accept that more all touch BB10 devices have sold than PKB.
    Numbers please.

Also the Classic just perpetuates the negative view tied to the brand from the BBOS devices.
    How?

. I can type faster on my Z30 than I ever did on my 8830, 9630, or 9900, and all my Treo devices prior to that.
    So that means everyone else can too? Just curious, how many of those fast keystrokes are backspace?
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 07:52 AM
    Have you even used the touch keyboard for the Zs? It's possible to type faster and with greater ease than a PKB, however the ability to touch type with a physical keyboard and the smaller form factor is why I choose the Q10, something about being able to cross the street and respond to a message at the same time is something I find useful
    Yes, I own a Z10. And yes, it's "possible" to type "faster" (your thumbs can move faster) however my overall time goes down as I can't always do this in every situation like the one you mentioned. If all conditions are perfect, and the phone doesn't mishandle all of my typos, the Z10 is sweet. But the slight slower method of pressing a key...in the end.....averages out to be faster for overall situations. At least for me.

This is true! I know a few people that when I informed them that the Classic even exists said they would consider it for there next phone.

A lot of people left BlackBerry not because of the limitations of the form factor, but the limitations of the software and minimilistic specs

EXACTLY. That's why I've been carrying two phones for a while. A 9900 and something else. The 9900 is for super speed, never missing a message, etc, the other phone is for fun. I'm hoping the classic will bridge that gap tremendously.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 02-28-15 at 08:14 AM.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 07:58 AM
    people are afraid that other people laugh that they are using a keyboard. It's like retro and I had the same idea using my Z30 and buying the Passport and now 4 months later I love the keyboard and my phone. It's also fits better in my jeans than a Sony Z2,Z3 ,Samsung S5 or Iphone 6plus.
    Yep, this is true. Amazing that grown adults are so child-like.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 08:01 AM
    The vast majority of people prefer all touch over physical keyboards. The free market has made that abundantly clear.
    Not really. There is no clear data to determine exactly what number "prefer" all touch. We only know that people left BlackBerry, but there were several other reasons for that, not necessary because they were drooling at the thought of not having a keyboard anymore.

We also know that most smart phone users became smart phone users after iPhone was even introduced, as Apple basically created a whole new market. They never left BlackBerry and thus never had one to compare a typing / operational experience to begin with. So, while the reality is that a certain number of people own and operate a certain number of pkb vs. non-pkb phones, we have no way to truly know their happiness or preference of the typing experience of either. We certainly know that they spend a lot of money getting physical keyboards for their touch devices (for tablets, for regular computers...non of which have a glass keyboard), and even tried to for iPhones with typo that got sued).

Occasionally a few of my (older) associates in business see me pull out the 9900 and say "man, I miss by BB", or hold it and say "oh, those keys", then say, "but I really like my (insert some phone with apps and large screen)." My mother in has an iPhone and constantly complains about typing on it....always making mistakes...taking a long time. My wife (with a Q10) just says "that's why I have a BlackBerry." But the mother in law, brand new to a smart phone in the last year or so, who had it pushed on her by someone close to her that works at Verizon, is so un-familiar with the smart phone world that she figures she will just stay with what other people around her have. Repeat this example millions of times and you have today's reality.
    02-28-15 08:13 AM
    Not really. There is no clear data to determine exactly what number "prefer" all touch. We only know that people left BlackBerry, but there were several other reasons for that, not necessary because they were drooling at the thought of not having a keyboard anymore.

We also know that most smart phone users became smart phone users after iPhone was even introduced, as Apple basically created a whole new market. They never left BlackBerry and thus never had one to compare a typing / operational experience to begin with. So, while the reality is that a certain number of people own and operate a certain number of pkb vs. non-pkb phones, we have no way to truly know their happiness or preference of the typing experience of either. We certainly know that they spend a lot of money getting physical keyboards for their touch devices (for tablets, for regular computers...non of which have a glass keyboard), and even tried to for iPhones with typo that got sued).

Occasionally a few of my (older) associates in business see me pull out the 9900 and say "man, I miss by BB", or hold it and say "oh, those keys", then say, "but I really like my (insert some phone with apps and large screen)." My mother in has an iPhone and constantly complains about typing on it....always making mistakes...taking a long time. My wife (with a Q10) just says "that's why I have a BlackBerry." But the mother in law, brand new to a smart phone in the last year or so, who had it pushed on her by someone close to her that works at Verizon, is so un-familiar with the smart phone world that she figures she will just stay with what other people around her have. Repeat this example millions of times and you have today's reality.
    Excellent points! Most people don't specifically prefer all-touch over physical keyboards. They are content to go with what everyone else has whether or not it best fits their own needs/style and just make do with it.

The fact that we even take the time to post in a BlackBerry fan forum means we are not like most people.

Typed with much precision and clicky-ness on my Q10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 08:25 AM
    At my job, me and the other BlackBerry guy were getting ready roll-out BB10 phones and he said he was going to order mostly Q10s to replace the 9900s. I actually told him that it would be a better idea to order Z10s.

At the time, I had been using a Q10 after switching off of my Z10 (White!) for quite a few months, and I didn't plan on switching back. I'm a PKB lover.

So why did I recommend the Z10 over the Q10? Simple, the OS is much harder to learn on the smaller screens. Mostly because the labels on the icons on the action bar are hidden on small screens so users new to BB10 would be guessing at what they did (I know you can press and hold on the icons to show the labels, but newbies wouldn't.).

I see that this is now an option in 10.3.1 and maybe we can reevaluate the all-touch vs PKB argument on the next round of purchases.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:43 AM
    Ask them how they'd feel about a device with a large screen like a Z10 but with the toolbelt and a slide-out keyboard like this:

Wow! My employees prefer Z10 OVER Classic. Thoughts?-13330247.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and dazzleaj like this.
    02-28-15 08:53 AM
    Yes, I had a 9900 and before that I had other BlackBerries. I did not think that I could type on a virtual keyboard but I found out that I could. My children all have iPhones. They can type faster and just as well as I ever could on my 9900. They have have been brought up on the iPhone and they are good at it. My son in law just got his new company Z30 and he prefers it over the 9900. He likes the big screen and had adapted to the VKB.

Because I do not live in Toronto, I only know of two people in the entire world that still use a BlackBerry. They are both well over sixty years old and purchased their phones probably around 2007-8. They only use these phones for e-mails and as cell phones. Unless they break , they will continue to use these phones. If they do break, they will just likely buy what ever is cheapest.

The PKB is a niche but because the market is so huge they can still make a profit from their sales. They do however need to sell a product that people want. Very few people want an expensive phone with a PKB and a 3.5 inch screen. Very few people want a phone that is wide as a Passport. BlackBerry could have sold many more phones that they did if they would ditched the square screen and made a competitive all touch model. The Z10 had a small battery and the market had moved on from 4 inch phones. The Z30 was not a flagship phone when it came out.
    02-28-15 08:54 AM
    Numbers please.

How?

So that means everyone else can too? Just curious, how many of those fast keystrokes are backspace?
    Just maybe look around outside your bubble you live in, spend a day counting PKB phones you see .... Your answer is that, tops you'll see 4 compared to millions of all touch, just because you failed to adapt don't assume the rest of the world hasn't.
    MarsupilamiX and eyesopen1111 like this.
    02-28-15 09:03 AM
    Just maybe look around outside your bubble you live in, spend a day counting PKB phones you see .... Your answer is that, tops you'll see 4 compared to millions of all touch, just because you failed to adapt don't assume the rest of the world hasn't.
    Soooo..... You have no facts or numbers, just hyperbole, subject changes, and lack of responses to questions I posed. How predictable.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 09:08 AM
    Soooo..... You have no facts or numbers, just hyperbole, subject changes, and lack of responses to questions I posed. How predictable.
    No just told you to open your eyes, a simple concept really.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    02-28-15 09:12 AM
    He said he had them read reviews and give their opinions before he bought them and that he wants his employees to be happy. Sounds pretty considerate to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:13 AM
    Ask them how they'd feel about a device with a large screen like a Z10 but with the toolbelt and a slide-out keyboard like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13330247.JPG 
Views:	344 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	337664

Posted via CB10
    Or they could have make a Classic with a 4:3 screen ending up with a screen 4.125 inches on the diagonal. Such a device would be the same size as a Z30 in length and width.
    02-28-15 09:17 AM
    The PKB is a niche but because the market is so huge they can still make a profit from their sales.
    Exactly. Business 101.

They do however need to sell a product that people want. Very few people want an expensive phone with a PKB and a 3.5 inch screen.
    Define "expensive".

But wait, you just said that there is enough people in the market for that phone that they can still make a profit. So, apparently they are selling a product some people want. I seem to remember a year ago the 9900 outselling all BB10 phones, and that is even a smaller screen and is very limited for other uses.

BlackBerry could have sold many more phones that they did if they would ditched the square screen and made a competitive all touch model. The Z10 had a small battery and the market had moved on from 4 inch phones. The Z30 was not a flagship phone when it came out.
    The flashship iPhone was the same size (actually smaller) and had similar battery problems (that couldn't be user changed) when Z10 it was introduced. The size and battery had little to do with the Z10's failure. It was total lack of marketing, an OS that wasn't ready (and still is barely ready today) and lack of apps.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 09:17 AM
211 12345 ...