No just told you to open your eyes, a simple concept really.
    "Opening your eyes" means nothing. Just a phrase people like you use when you have no facts or argument to make. That...is reality. Perhaps go back and look at my post then take another stab at critically and analytically thinking before responding to it with nothing but teenage catch phrases. My post was responding to the number of all touch BB10 phones sold vs. PKB phones. I simply asked for numbers. Do you have them?
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 09:19 AM
    "Opening your eyes" means nothing. Just a phrase people like you use when you have no facts or argument to make. That...is reality. Perhaps go back and look at my post then take another stab at critically and analytically thinking before responding to it with nothing but teenage catch phrases. My post was responding to the number of all touch BB10 phones sold vs. PKB phones. I simply asked for numbers. Do you have them?
    Sorry I'm not Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness like some people on here, carry on trying to make yourself feel important ....I've got better things todo in my day than have a battle of wits with someone like you
    Like always, failure to innovate or fear of understanding simple concepts are crumbling this world as we know it.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-28-15 09:31 AM
    There is a potential market for PKB devices but not with a landscape keyboard or a small screen. Yes, the Classic is not too expensive if you actually want that device. I am presuming that many of the current Curve owners are price sensitive.

The iPhone 5 sold well because it was an iPhone and the Samsung sold well because it had a big screen and apps. The Z10 was marketed reasonably well in Canada but I agree it was not ready for prime time. For all it's faults, the Z10 still sold as well or better than the Q10.

There have been a number of threads regarding the downloading of apps to various BB10 models. The comments from developers were consistent. The downloads to Z phones being much larger than to Q phones. Now that is not solid proof that the Z outsold the Q but it is quite probable.

We do have one 'fact" - OP's employees would prefer to keep their Z10 models over the Classic on the asking. This is why BlackBerry needs to have a viable all touch model ASAP to replace aging 9900's still out there in the Enterprise market.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-28-15 at 10:03 AM.
    02-28-15 09:43 AM
    Yes but was the Classic a working model? You can not appreciate a Classic by holding a non working dummy. The Classic works just fine without using the track-pad. The Track-pad is there when you need it. It does not add to the width of the device. The Classic looks are just fine for what it us... a new Bold phone. It is what it is. Most Classic customers would find the Passport to have a brilliant screen but be too wide

Posted via CB10
    No neither of them were. But my point was not their function, my point was that my initial reaction was that the track pad looks like it's in the way and takes up too much room. I'm just thinking that after using Z10's for as long as they have, the employees would have had the same initial reaction to having the classic in their hand. They're accustomed to more screen real estate and not having the belt.

If they were switching from Bolds or Q models their reactions may have been different. They are instead going from phones with no buttons that they are very comfortable with, to phones with more buttons than any other phone. As a Z10 and Q5 owner I find the belt to be redundant as I do very well without it. I know there are a lot of people who find it useful, I'm not in that group.

I asked my brother-in-law who has been using the Q10 since launch what he thought of the Classic, he had the same reaction to the belt "Why do I need that back?" my sister with a Z30 said the same.

Whether the employees find it useful or not, time will tell. BlackBerry once believed no one would like typing on glass. Turns out people will sacrifice accuracy for screen real estate and function. I myself always said I would never type on glass, now that I am, I find my Q5 to be a bit cumbersome.

You just have to have the desire to move back to something you've abandoned. If what you already have is working well for you, where is that desire to change going to come from?

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-28-15 10:07 AM
    It's your business. You paid the money, you call the shots.

In the end, they'll get used to the Classic.
    Free phones means no complaints!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-28-15 10:10 AM
    People don't want physical keyboards, they want big screens. I'm shocked you're shocked.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:17 AM
    At WEM , the Telus shop ( not Kiosk) has working models for you to try. It does make a difference - you will see. In addition, you will even be more impressed by the Passport. I do not see BlackBerry selling many phones to new customers based on non working slabs. The tool belt does not reduce the size of the screen so I do not see the downside.

I agree that once you get used to a VKB and reasonable screen size, it is unlikely that you will want another PKB.
    02-28-15 10:19 AM
    there is altogether too much exaggeration and generalization going on here. Suggesting that full touch devices are preferred when what is REALLY preferred is iOS but there is no PKB iOS devices but there is a huge aftermarket industry of keyboard cases for iOS devices and the infamous Typo... and the fact that sometimes a BAD PKB is worse than touchscreen keyboarding and BlackBerry has a tight grip on the patents that make for excellent PKB devices.

The reasons why BB10 hasn't caught on are many and varied (my primary reason is lack of third party apps, followed by lack of in-built best-of-any-platform core services as offered by Google, then the cach� around overpriced but beautiful Apple devices, but there are others including lack of marketing, straying too far from what BlackBerry was 'about', and overproducing devices damaging both the bottom line AND the brand reputation... and there are others, too)

Suggesting that PKB devices are unpopular doesn't take into account all the aftermarket keyboard sales nor acknowledge the use cases for PKB devices vs. full touch: a 'creator' is more productive on a PKB device (and even more if that device has the toolbelt)... but a 'consumer' has a better time on a large 16:9 screen... but people do not spend 100% of their time in only one role and some tasks are more like 70% consumption, 30% creation, so a bigger screen is worth the tradeoff of no PKB (but your screen is only half as big when half of it is touchscreen keyboard!).

If you can type as accurately and quickly on a touchscreen or even moreso than on a PKB device, congratulations freak, you should join up with that 45 kg japanese guy who can eat 100 hotdogs in 60 seconds and start a superhero detective agency... but your freakish ability doesn't mean that the touchscreen experience is ideal for everyone, so let's hope blackberry continues to produce devices at multiple form factors so everyone can have their choice.... and I for one want my toolbelt slider so I can have an excellent 'consumer' experience, but just slide out my keyboard and 'create' as efficiently on my mobile device as I can on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:31 AM
    there is altogether too much exaggeration and generalization going on here. Suggesting that full touch devices are preferred when what is REALLY preferred is iOS but there is no PKB iOS devices but there is a huge aftermarket industry of keyboard cases for iOS devices and the infamous Typo... and the fact that sometimes a BAD PKB is worse than touchscreen keyboarding and BlackBerry has a tight grip on the patents that make for excellent PKB devices.

The reasons why BB10 hasn't caught on are many and varied (my primary reason is lack of third party apps, followed by lack of in-built best-of-any-platform core services as offered by Google, then the cach� around overpriced but beautiful Apple devices, but there are others including lack of marketing, straying too far from what BlackBerry was 'about', and overproducing devices damaging both the bottom line AND the brand reputation... and there are others, too)

Suggesting that PKB devices are unpopular doesn't take into account all the aftermarket keyboard sales nor acknowledge the use cases for PKB devices vs. full touch: a 'creator' is more productive on a PKB device (and even more if that device has the toolbelt)... but a 'consumer' has a better time on a large 16:9 screen... but people do not spend 100% of their time in only one role and some tasks are more like 70% consumption, 30% creation, so a bigger screen is worth the tradeoff of no PKB (but your screen is only half as big when half of it is touchscreen keyboard!).

If you can type as accurately and quickly on a touchscreen or even moreso than on a PKB device, congratulations freak, you should join up with that 45 kg japanese guy who can eat 100 hotdogs in 60 seconds and start a superhero detective agency... but your freakish ability doesn't mean that the touchscreen experience is ideal for everyone, so let's hope blackberry continues to produce devices at multiple form factors so everyone can have their choice.... and I for one want my toolbelt slider so I can have an excellent 'consumer' experience, but just slide out my keyboard and 'create' as efficiently on my mobile device as I can on my laptop.

Posted via CB10
    Well I don't think I'm a freak, just using a great VKB implementation by BlackBerry. I haven't seen any real use of PKB for iOS in the wild. Or seen enterprises defecting to iOS buying PKB devices with them. Android sells tons of phones, many in Enterprise now and they have the ability to make PKB devices and some makers have done it. I would think they would be making and selling many more given Android makers can make what they want.

I don't want BlackBerry to abandon PKB devices. Their is a tiny market that wants them, and BlackBerry has the best implementation and patents for them. I just want them to stop abandoning high end all touch like they have done because those devices have a broader audience, and since the Q10, Passport, and likely now the classic aren't lighting the world on fire with sales and I don't think PKB can provide the sales needed alone.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:57 AM
    After getting a BA battery, I had no issues with my Z10. So, not surprised at all. To me, a full-touch is past due. The "refresh device(Z20) will sell, but, after buying a "used" and still awesome Z30, I'll have no problem waiting for something better. Besides, consumers want a full touch and not just here on CrackBerry.
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 11:43 AM
    I hate typing on a full screen , love the real estate of a full screen though. I despised leaving my Torch for a Nexus 4, but at the time, The Nexus 4, hands down had a much better browse ability and that is my main need, good browsing. Since going to full screens, Nexus 4 and Z30, I still hate typing on a full screen. To the point that I probably type 40% less on a full screen than a BlackBerry with a physical keyboard! The day someone figures out how to put bbos10 3.2.1 on a Torch, I'll buy three!

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 12:02 PM
    Are you just making that up or is it a presumption or do you have any facts to back up your statement?

Posted via CB10
    Whether this is BlackBerry's plan or not, the statement is true.

Stop trying to jump down people's throats and lighten up.

 Z10
    02-28-15 12:36 PM
    snip
    FM radio
    Snip
    Posted via CB10
    What FM Radio?
    02-28-15 12:50 PM
    I use a Q10 right now due to the fact that I dropped my Z10 and the screen shattered. I actually prefer the Z10 as well. Q10 has its strengths, but I actually prefer the BlackBerry virtual keyboard instead of the physical, so I'd probably be one of those employees who would want to keep the Z10.
    02-28-15 12:52 PM
    ....maybe they won't pick a BB at all.
    With the current lineup and the drive to move all non BES users to the Amazon app store this is probably going to be a problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:54 PM
    Find out if it is possible to exchange the Classics for Z30s. Good battery and faster hardware
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 01:08 PM
    Just don't let them touch a z30, they won't want anything Else!

Posted via CB10
    Now that would have been a real upgrade. One size doesn't fit all when it comes to smartphones. The classic is priced like it's a new innovative device when it's actually a Q10 in new clothes for the most part. The OP could have saved a lot by just buying Q10's if he was so interested about his employees "upgrading" to physical keyboard phones. What I've noticed is that many people who don't really pay attention to specs actually think that the Classic is actually a better/more powerful phone because it's the latest. They don't understand that the hardware is inferior to a Z30. As a matter of fact I know someone who was thinking of "upgrading" his Z30 to a classic when it came out! Z30 QC8960 @ 1.7 GHz vs Classic QC8960 @ 1.5 GHz if I'm not mistaken. Sigh

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    02-28-15 02:55 PM
    My post was responding to the number of all touch BB10 phones sold vs. PKB phones. I simply asked for numbers. Do you have them?
    Sorry I'm not Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness like some people on here, carry on trying to make yourself feel important ....I've got better things todo in my day than have a battle of wits with someone like you
    Like always, failure to innovate or fear of understanding simple concepts are crumbling this world as we know it.
    So, in summary, just as I thought, you have no numbers, just off topic sentences and insults. Got it.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 02-28-15 at 03:38 PM.
    02-28-15 02:56 PM
    Whether this is BlackBerry's plan or not, the statement is true.

Stop trying to jump down people's throats and lighten up.

 Z10
    Easy does it there, cowboy. He simply asked if there were any facts there or not....nobody jumped down anyone's throat. Simply saying "the statement is true" doesn't make the statement true.
    02-28-15 03:00 PM
    Not really. There is no clear data to determine exactly what number "prefer" all touch. We only know that people left BlackBerry, but there were several other reasons for that, not necessary because they were drooling at the thought of not having a keyboard anymore.

We also know that most smart phone users became smart phone users after iPhone was even introduced, as Apple basically created a whole new market. They never left BlackBerry and thus never had one to compare a typing / operational experience to begin with. So, while the reality is that a certain number of people own and operate a certain number of pkb vs. non-pkb phones, we have no way to truly know their happiness or preference of the typing experience of either. We certainly know that they spend a lot of money getting physical keyboards for their touch devices (for tablets, for regular computers...non of which have a glass keyboard), and even tried to for iPhones with typo that got sued).

Occasionally a few of my (older) associates in business see me pull out the 9900 and say "man, I miss by BB", or hold it and say "oh, those keys", then say, "but I really like my (insert some phone with apps and large screen)." My mother in has an iPhone and constantly complains about typing on it....always making mistakes...taking a long time. My wife (with a Q10) just says "that's why I have a BlackBerry." But the mother in law, brand new to a smart phone in the last year or so, who had it pushed on her by someone close to her that works at Verizon, is so un-familiar with the smart phone world that she figures she will just stay with what other people around her have. Repeat this example millions of times and you have today's reality.
    Nonsense. Most people want all touch over physical keyboard on smartphones. If that were untrue, than more of the many, highly competitive smartphone companies would make pkb phones, and more consumers would buy them. The numbers of all touch vs. pkb sold are so vastly different that we can certainly infer consumer preference. Anecdotes can't overcome how far apart the sales are.

I don't have statistics on whether more Americans prefer hamburgers over Ethiopian cuisine, but I can infer the preference based on the number of businesses cropping up to meet demand and the number of hamburgers sold in comparison. Also people tend to prefer what they are used to. Even if most Americans have never tried Ethiopian food, it's a sure bet that many more will prefer the hamburger meal if they were to do a taste test. They are just used to the hamburgers. Same with all touch phones.
    02-28-15 03:02 PM
    What FM Radio?
    Z30, Q5, 9720 all have a real FM radio (probably the Q10 too?)

Data has to just be turned on for around 5-10 seconds, even if your phone doesnt have a sim card or a data plan. It 'finds' your available stations that way. Plug in an aux plug to use as an antenna and you're on! You dont have to plug into headphones or a speaker, you can make it come right through the phone speaker if you want.

Its a sweet feature that wasnt included on the Z10.
    02-28-15 03:12 PM
    Nonsense. Most people want all touch over physical keyboard on smartphones. If that were untrue, than more of the many, highly competitive smartphone companies would make pkb phones, and more consumers would buy them. The numbers of all touch vs. pkb sold are so vastly different that we can certainly infer consumer preference. Anecdotes can't overcome how far apart the sales are.

I don't have statistics on whether more Americans prefer hamburgers over Ethiopian cuisine, but I can infer the preference based on the number of businesses cropping up to meet demand and the number of hamburgers sold in comparison. Also people tend to prefer what they are used to. Even if most Americans have never tried Ethiopian food, it's a sure bet that many more will prefer the hamburger meal if they were to do a taste test. They are just used to the hamburgers. Same with all touch phones.
    This is my opinion. Most people enjoyed their physical keyboard BlackBerry phones. Then iOS and Android came along with full touch and better multimedia experiences, huge marketing and started a new trend of full 3D mobile gaming and Apps for everything. There was a revolution in the smartphone industry. That had nothing to do with people preferring to use a touch screen over a physical keyboard. Apple set the tone for the direction the industry was to go in. That direction was full touch screens with a multimedia focused 16:9 aspect ratio. The iPhone was a phenomenal success but not because it ditched the physical keyboard. People started realizing that their BlackBerry couldn't do the same things that other smartphones at the time could do. The fact that the BlackBerrys had a physical keyboard was something that many still valued but BlackBerry had no answer to the rich multimedia prowess that iOS and Android provided. People learned to type on touchscreens. They made the tradeoff. Not only because they wanted to give up physical keyboards or because they felt them inferior but for many different reasons. Those were what Apple dictated were the direction they were going into. Other manufacturers looking to enjoy a piece of that success followed suit. The only way to get that fun, fast, flashy modern smartphone experience was for people to give up their old BlackBerrys and upgrade to an iPhone. Then Samsung went about becoming competitive with Apple and now here we are today. BlackBerry with their late comeback attempt didn't seem to realize how clueless the mass market is and that only their potential customers who are techie enough to do due diligence in terms of the advantages of one OS over another and who research all of the techie stuff would go through the hassle of choosing BB10 over the now well established and entrenched iOS and Android. Most people don't have a clue that BlackBerry of now could be any different from BlackBerry of old in terms of capabilities and as ignorant as this may seem, the physical keyboard while not being an inferior form of input on any modern computing device compared to touchscreen only input has been saddled with a sort of negative stigma of being associated with outdated technology and is no longer trendy. It might change though. Styles and trends do tend to comeback around. Now what is outside of the norm might be seen as something rebellious and daring! Something that differentiates. Full touch with all the 3D games is no longer that special. So we'll see. BlackBerry maybe onto something with the Passport. Judging by the type of reactions I get whenever people see it for the first time. They just need to keep it up.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 03:28 PM
    Nonsense. Most people want all touch over physical keyboard on smartphones. If that were untrue, than more of the many, highly competitive smartphone companies would make pkb phones, and more consumers would buy them.
    First, "most" simply means more than half. That could be true.

Second, there is no way to know that smartphone companies aren't making them because people don't like them. They aren't making them because the iPhone didn't have one. Doesn't mean that there aren't those that wouldn't like one. At the moment, their only choice for a PKB is BlackBerry, and that has other drawbacks from a consumer point of view, so perhaps the two issues are unfairly tied together.

The numbers of all touch vs. pkb sold are so vastly different that we can certainly infer consumer preference. Anecdotes can't overcome how far apart the sales are.
    Not really. That's like saying "most cars require oil changes and costly repairs and since hardly any electric cars without fluids are being sold we can infer that people LOVE to have oil changes and costly repairs."

I don't have statistics on whether more Americans prefer hamburgers over Ethiopian cuisine, but I can infer the preference based on the number of businesses cropping up to meet demand and the number of hamburgers sold in comparison.
    Of course, because so many Americans have actually tried Ethiopian cuisine and decided they don't like it. Got it. Or....perhaps it's because they get offered a hamburger everywhere they go and have no idea what Ethiopian cuisine is let alone if they like it or prefer it.

Also people tend to prefer what they are used to.
    Those that got used to PKB's may still prefer them to glass but don't want the other negatives that go with them (lack of apps and screen space that the old small BlackBerry's were known for) so they stick with glass.

Even if most Americans have never tried Ethiopian food, it's a sure bet that many more will prefer the hamburger meal if they were to do a taste test.

Based on this logic, American's will never like anything more than a hamburger no matter how many things they try in their life.

They are just used to the hamburgers. Same with all touch phones.
    Yep, exactly. Sheep like grass too.
    RyanGermann likes this.
    02-28-15 03:29 PM
    First, "most" simply means more than half. That could be true.

Second, there is no way to know that smartphone companies aren't making them because people don't like them. They aren't making them because the iPhone didn't have one. Doesn't mean that there aren't those that wouldn't like one. At the moment, their only choice for a PKB is BlackBerry, and that has other drawbacks from a consumer point of view, so perhaps the two issues are unfairly tied together.

Not really. That's like saying "most cars require oil changes and costly repairs and since hardly any electric cars without fluids are being sold we can infer that people LOVE to have oil changes and costly repairs."

Of course, because so many Americans have actually tried Ethiopian cuisine and decided they don't like it. Got it. Or....perhaps it's because they get offered a hamburger everywhere they go and have no idea what Ethiopian cuisine is let alone if they like it or prefer it.

Those that got used to PKB's may still prefer them to glass but don't want the other negatives that go with them (lack of apps and screen space that the old small BlackBerry's were known for) so they stick with glass.

Based on this logic, American's will never like anything more than a hamburger no matter how many things they try in their life.

Yep, exactly. Sheep like grass too.
    You've shown me the error of my ways! It turns out based on your brilliant logic that there is in fact a huge pent up demand for physical keyboards out there. Forget that few people are buying them. Observing how consumers choose to spend their money is no way to judge what consumers want. Your gut feeling is enough to convince me.
    Bbnivende and MarsupilamiX like this.
    02-28-15 04:26 PM
    You've shown me the error of my ways! It turns out based on your brilliant logic that there is in fact a huge pent up demand for physical keyboards out there. Forget that few people are buying them. Observing how consumers choose to spend their money is no way to judge what consumers want. Your gut feeling is enough to convince me.
    Oh but it should be, infact he'll come back now and tell you why it should after he's done emailing apple and goggle and explaining the errors of their ways.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    02-28-15 04:35 PM
211 ... 23456 ...