I keep reading that BBRY needs something that makes people say WOW. So in your opinion or fantasy what would be something that would make people say WOW, I have to have that? For fans of other platforms, what would make you say WOW I want that?

I have no idea myself but maybe because I haven't thought of it. I hope not to get a bunch of silly replies but there are they might be fun too.
    08-26-13 04:54 PM
    Great idea for a thread! I must need more coffee because I'm totally drawing a blank right now.

Fixed typo (temp/tempt) in thread title for you too.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-13 05:05 PM
    Machine to machine
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-13 05:07 PM
    I agree that it's difficult to come up with things that would make life easier......until someone else comes up with them and you can actually SEE them working.

I did come up with something awhile ago...and it's pretty much what Google Now does. This was before I knew about it, though. I thought how cool it would be to travel to a new city or even an area of the KC metro I don't typically get to and have "pop ups" in my notification tray telling me about things my phone knows that I like that happen to be in the area. Like if my device knew I liked sushi bars and coffee shops based on my foursquare check ins, I'd get a pop up saying that there were highly reviewed coffee shops and sushi bars within a mile radius of where I was. Or if I had recently been watching videos of a certain performer on YouTube and that performer just happened to be playing in the area, I'd get a pop up informing me of the concert and prompting me to buy tickets. That kind of thing. And now BAM, I have Google Now, and it has a ton more functionality than I had dreamed of.

If BlackBerry could create something similar, and even expand on its functionality, I'd switch back.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-13 05:10 PM
    The TAT demos!

Those reinvigorated my enthusiasm for BB when I saw them being demoed on the Playbook. I couldn't wait to see what kind of apps they would come up with. Now years later, still nothing,
    kbz1960, Rello and JeepBB like this.
    08-26-13 05:19 PM
    It would have to replicate and improve the ecosystem created by my mac/ipad/iphone. My information is automatically shared between three devices, including all my iMessages and contacts and browsing history, plus I can sync the peripherals wirelessly through wifi.
    kbz1960, pantlesspenguin and Rello like this.
    08-26-13 05:23 PM
    The TAT demos!

Those reinvigorated my enthusiasm for BB when I saw them being demoed on the Playbook. I couldn't wait to see what kind of apps they would come up with. Now years later, still nothing,
    Yes, the TAT stuff. It's a shame none of it has ever come.
    08-26-13 05:23 PM
    The TAT demos!
    Yeah - would be nice. Even the stuff they did put out always catches people's eye when people see my devices The clock app, the scrapbook app etc.
    08-26-13 05:29 PM
    What sticks in my mind even after all this time was the data visualization demo. Does anyone remember that one?
    08-26-13 05:35 PM
    What sticks in my mind even after all this time was the data visualization demo. Does anyone remember that one?
    Not specifically
    08-26-13 07:31 PM
    It would have to replicate and improve the ecosystem created by my mac/ipad/iphone. My information is automatically shared between three devices, including all my iMessages and contacts and browsing history, plus I can sync the peripherals wirelessly through wifi.
    Actually that's the one thing that annoys me about my apple products. The reason is that the iPad in my house is for everyone to use so while on it, I don't really want to get my wife's texts and emails.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:36 PM
    Found it. Starts at 2:50

kbz1960 likes this.
    08-26-13 07:40 PM
    BBM Money, cross platform, wordwide. Send money to any BBM contact instantly. Have businesses set up with an NFC tag so you can pay with BBM Money balanace instantly with a tap. I'd love to be out to dinner with a group, have one person pay and everyone else just BBM their portion to the payer. Win a bet with a buddy and he just BBM's you what he owes.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-26-13 07:50 PM
    I agree with this as well. I hated that they couldn't get this to work with the PlayBook. I know that by the time they really get this mobile computing thing going, I better be able to sync my info across all my devices if desire to

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 08:51 PM
    I agree with this as well. I hated that they couldn't get this to work with the PlayBook. I know that by the time they really get this mobile computing thing going, I better be able to sync my info across all my devices if desire to

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do need this but not really a WOW factor since everyone has or is doing this now.
    Rello likes this.
    08-27-13 06:48 AM
    Yes they do need this but not really a WOW factor since everyone has or is doing this now.
    Except BlackBerry surprisingly lol

But u are correct
    Last edited by Rello; 08-27-13 at 02:42 PM.
    08-27-13 07:52 AM
    BBM Money, cross platform, wordwide. Send money to any BBM contact instantly. Have businesses set up with an NFC tag so you can pay with BBM Money balanace instantly with a tap. I'd love to be out to dinner with a group, have one person pay and everyone else just BBM their portion to the payer. Win a bet with a buddy and he just BBM's you what he owes.
    This.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    08-29-13 01:17 AM
    Cinnamon Toast Notifications.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 01:18 AM