Today I reached office earlier than usual time. And my whole team was in floor. So, I thought to take my whole team for a coffee.

As per plan we all 7 people reached nearest coffee shop and we started to talk all sort of office and other general topic.

Suddenly we started to talk about "How to train Your dragon" movie and other animation movies.

There's a person who haven't seen that movie and was asking how is the movie and is it good for his kid to watch?. Then I said yeah! it is too good and I enjoyed it.

He then asked me do you have that movie so that I can watch it with my kid.

Then I remembered that I downloaded that movie from torrent (yify-torrent) to my BlackBerry passport.

And luckily he is using BlackBerry Z30. !!!

I said I have it on my phone. Please Turn on WiFi and I will transfer to you via WiFi direct. And wfooo it's just 3 mins job the whole 900MB file was transferred. And he played that on his BlackBerry Z30.

My rest of the team are like what the Heck!!!! Since they are iPhone user and two of them are IPhone 6.

I laughed hard and then suddenly we started to talk about BlackBerry and it's new avatar in BlackBerry 10 Operating system.

And showed them how innovative they are. Since I have BlackBerry passport showed them the live demo of all touch enabled keyboard.

customised LED on 10.3.1 - leak
    Great browser - reader mode
    Keyboard - autocorrect and touch swipe delete.
    App Store - amazon and BlackBerry world
    Finally the great HUB***** the unified inbox and all sort of contact management in BlackBerry.
    Long lasting Battery
    And a lot more.......

My team enjoyed my showoff and 3 iPhone users admitted that BlackBerry is good and they will try BlackBerry for sure. And also they said iPhone is not designed for universal market. And no user friendly.

Well I'm succeeded......

This whole post was typed from my BlackBerry passport... lol

Wow!!! BlackBerry - Story-img_20141111_122138.png

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:52 AM
    +1 Nice story! Thanks for sharing
    Saravanan Arumugam likes this.
    11-11-14 01:24 AM
    Showing the transfer abilities...excellent.
    Content of the transfer ... not so excellent.

Z30 144GB
    11-11-14 01:29 AM

Z30 144GB
    I love that movie

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    nyfinch likes this.
    11-11-14 02:52 AM

Z30 144GB
    Hey now!

I took my girlfriend's daughter to see it, and I think I liked it more than her! Epic battle scene.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:52 AM
    Hey now!

I took my girlfriend's daughter to see it, and I think I liked it more than her! Epic battle scene.

Posted via CB10
    Not what I meant, the fact you paid to see it excellent...

Z30 144GB
    11-11-14 03:01 AM
    Today I reached office earlier than usual time. And my whole team was in floor. So, I thought to take my whole team for a coffee.

As per plan we all 7 people reached nearest coffee shop and we started to talk all sort of office and other general topic.

Suddenly we started to talk about "How to train Your dragon" movie and other animation movies.

There's a person who haven't seen that movie and was asking how is the movie and is it good for his kid to watch?. Then I said yeah! it is too good and I enjoyed it.

He then asked me do you have that movie so that I can watch it with my kid.

Then I remembered that I downloaded that movie from torrent (yify-torrent) to my BlackBerry passport.

And luckily he is using BlackBerry Z30. !!!

I said I have it on my phone. Please Turn on WiFi and I will transfer to you via WiFi direct. And wfooo it's just 3 mins job the whole 900MB file was transferred. And he played that on his BlackBerry Z30.

My rest of the team are like what the Heck!!!! Since they are iPhone user and two of them are IPhone 6.

I laughed hard and then suddenly we started to talk about BlackBerry and it's new avatar in BlackBerry 10 Operating system.

And showed them how innovative they are. Since I have BlackBerry passport showed them the live demo of all touch enabled keyboard.

customised LED on 10.3.1 - leak
    Great browser - reader mode
    Keyboard - autocorrect and touch swipe delete.
    App Store - amazon and BlackBerry world
    Finally the great HUB***** the unified inbox and all sort of contact management in BlackBerry.
    Long lasting Battery
    And a lot more.......

My team enjoyed my showoff and 3 iPhone users admitted that BlackBerry is good and they will try BlackBerry for sure. And also they said iPhone is not designed for universal market. And no user friendly.

Well I'm succeeded......

This whole post was typed from my BlackBerry passport... lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141111_122138.png 
Views:	4007 
Size:	390.6 KB 
ID:	313575

Posted via CB10
    Is Wifi direct available on the q10 and z10?

Posted via BBM Premium
    11-11-14 06:41 AM

Z30 144GB
    We love that movie. Great family watch.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-11-14 07:26 AM
    Is Wifi direct available on the q10 and z10?

Posted via BBM Premium
    Screenshot of Wifi Direct on Q10.
    Wow!!! BlackBerry - Story-img_20141111_072735.png

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    11-11-14 07:28 AM
    That's pretty cool. I didn't know you could transfer files of that size. Would this work with a purchased movie or only with a torrent? I'm guessing purchased movies wouldn't work?
    11-11-14 07:48 AM
    I got the new Billy Bragg album and wanted to share it with my friend who is a big fan. She has a brand new Samsung Galaxy phone. I went to my File Manager, pressed Share - NFC, touched the phones back to back and to my astonishment, the file went from my Q10 to her music player. Sadly I could not get it to transfer multiple files, but nice to see the exchange between platforms.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:53 AM
    Don't see it on z10

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:58 AM
    Uhm..... I didn't even know about the transfer abilities. And under my my avatar it says I'm a crackberry genius so far gone from the truth

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-11-14 08:19 AM
    Looks like wifi direct is no available on z10

Wi-Fi Direct - BlackBerry Developer
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-11-14 08:41 AM
    Good story, and I like the movie too..

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:52 AM
    That's pretty cool. I didn't know you could transfer files of that size. Would this work with a purchased movie or only with a torrent? I'm guessing purchased movies wouldn't work?
    Purchased music works. I can't say for sure, but I would imagine purchased movies would also work.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 08:54 AM
    I see the wifi direct option on my Q5, and always wondered what that was all about. Not on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 09:27 AM
    You can do it too using " bluetooth" setting. I have done done it and works awesome too.

From my ? phone.
    11-11-14 10:20 AM
    You can do it too using " bluetooth" setting. I have done done it and works awesome too.

From my ? phone.
    900mb file via Bluetooth? That would take a century. Via WiFi direct, it's fast.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    11-11-14 11:51 AM
    I see the wifi direct option on my Q5, and always wondered what that was all about. Not on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    So every phone except z10? Strange since z10 is 16:9 and better overall than q5.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:08 PM
    So every phone except z10? Strange since z10 is 16:9 and better overall than q5.

Posted via CB10
    It's because the hardware of one of the Z10 variants (the STL100-1, of course) doesn't support WiFi Direct or Miracast, so BB made the decision not to make them available on any of the Z10s.
    11-11-14 12:16 PM
    Purchased music works. I can't say for sure, but I would imagine purchased movies would also work.

Posted via CB10
    Purchased movies won't work due to DRM.
    11-11-14 12:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Even the Z3 has Wifi direct

From Zarafet my Z30.
    11-11-14 12:46 PM
    Great story and I hope that your friends/co-workers really do look at BBRY seriously and give them a try. Let us know if they give it a try and what they think and if they switch over.
    Saravanan Arumugam likes this.
    11-11-14 01:39 PM
    Well today I met my colleague and asked about the movie?

Me - did you watched that movie?
    Mr - hey! no aswath, my Z30 charger was broken and I'm using samsung micro USB wall charger to charge my device. So I couldn't transfer that movie to my laptop or any storage.

Me- so, that's your problem? Let me fix that for u.
    Got his Z30 and went to settings and storage settings and I made "access via wifi" enable. And gave 8 digit password.

Then went to about OS in BlackBerry and noted the ip address.

Since in office we can connect to wifi. Both mobile and laptop was in same wifi network.

Logged in to his laptop navigated to RUN in MS. Gave the BlackBerry ip and entered that 8 digit pin and whooooo!!!! We connected the Z30 to laptop.

And started the transfer from BlackBerry to laptop without USB cable.

And he started to praise me. I replied NP. if you have OTG cable I can directly copy to flash drive..... :P but that's okay. (felt happy)

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 03:21 PM
42 12