So you know how Google, Apple or Microsoft offer a complementary experience with their Web services. You get to sync your email, calendar, photos... on their servers with a Google, iCloud or Microsoft account to tighten the user experience.

If tomorrow you could get a @blackberry.com or @bbm.com email address giving you access to a bunch of online services. Would you be willing to switch to those ? or do you perceive those kind of ecosystems as a way to pressure the consumer and lock them in an environment ?
    Do you think it would be too late for BlackBerry to come up with such a plan ? Or is it never too late to migrate to their services ?

I personally believe that people with a @gmail.com, @icloud/me/mac/com or @hotmail/outlook.com choose to stay in those environment and therefore are not instantly inclined to pick a BlackBerry (even though it's a sort of universal product)
    10-19-14 04:54 AM
    They did have BB emails with BIS service and some people used it. Personally I wouldn't switch as I am very happy with my Hotmail email and cloud services. They would have to add quite a few services to make it worth while I think
    10-19-14 05:03 AM
    I would switch from Gmail

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247
    10-19-14 05:51 AM
    Give me a service without any bells and whistles, no snooping for ad or any other purpose, a perfect privacy mail, calender service, map service, storage service AND charge for it. Here is a customer.
    ALToronto likes this.
    10-19-14 06:00 AM
    Give me a service without any bells and whistles, no snooping for ad or any other purpose, a perfect privacy mail, calender service, map service, storage service AND charge for it. Here is a customer.
    And another one here. I un-Googled myself because with Gmail and Chrome, I was getting nothing but ads for mail-order asian women. I switched to Outlook.com, and it was a lot better for a while, but these human trafficking ads still come up. All because I participate in tech and concrete related forums. I will gladly pay for a web service that at least does a better job of profiling me.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:49 PM
    Personally not interested. I use as few as possible of mainstream providers becuase I care about my privacy and I do not enjoy having all my stuff entrusted to Google or Apple, making sure that whenever I want to change system it will be pretty painful (and that's one of the reasons I'm happy with BlackBerry).

As a matter of fact my email is provided by a small company, with no ads and a strong ethic code. Of course it's not free, but I rather pay in cash than with data.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:56 PM
    As long as blackberry keep it simple. Example: for any backup cloud services of any kind that BBRY offers you sign up for a email. Start from there. I still have my BIS email

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:15 PM
    They did have BB emails with BIS service and some people used it. Personally I wouldn't switch as I am very happy with my Hotmail email and cloud services. They would have to add quite a few services to make it worth while I think
    I wish I had never started using the email address that came with BIS. After several of years of having that address on all of my BlackBerry phones and using it daily, I can't help but wonder how many emails I've missed now that it has been killed off.

That's one reason I don't think I would use BlackBerry services if they do come out with them. I have used the same hotmail account since 1996 and my Gmail account is several years old as well. I have no worries of my hotmail or gmail accounts going away, but I have already dealt with that on a BlackBerry email account once.
    10-19-14 02:13 PM
    I would give it a shot for sure! I love almost everything BlackBerry except the pearl

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-19-14 02:15 PM
    In a heartbeat.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 02:16 PM
    Of course I would! I wouldn't even mind a few ads to keep the cost down for the free version. To use as many BlackBerry products as possible.

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    10-19-14 02:20 PM