If it has the same functionality as my current Blackberry tablet ( no Skype or Netflix ).....
    ...Absolutely NOT.
    11-28-12 01:16 PM
    As long as RIM keeps putting out physical keyboard alongside larger devices the Aristo, they'd be keeping thier core users as well as catering to other segments of the market that do prefer larger devices.
    They can't cater to their current core only. That's what got them in the position they're in. They've got to go for the consumer market completely and not do a halfhearted attempt as they've done thus far. We know THAT didn't work.
    pantlesspenguin and jakie55 like this.
    11-29-12 12:01 PM
    5'00".......sheesh lol..
    I know u love these gadgets though so I say whatever your heart desires

Guess it's all just personal taste. I know big guys that say even the original Note is too big lol
    Yah tiny, but I pack a punch, love!!!
    Rello and jakie55 like this.
    11-29-12 12:04 PM
    Someone really needs to come up with a word to replace "phablet."
    11-29-12 12:05 PM
    "Phablet" as in 5 inch smartphone? no
    "Phablet" as in bigger screen in and more meat to replace more devices? Yes!
    It's either the Note 2 or BB10 for me, but the Note does a great job at replacing more devices. If it was a normal phone with 5" screen it would not be nearly as popular. That said, I love me some big screens.
    11-29-12 12:42 PM
    They can't cater to their current core only. That's what got them in the position they're in. They've got to go for the consumer market completely and not do a halfhearted attempt as they've done thus far. We know THAT didn't work.
    Yep, that's what I'm saying!
    11-29-12 01:49 PM
    A real woman ha
    11-29-12 04:08 PM
    "Phablet" as in 5 inch smartphone? no
    "Phablet" as in bigger screen in and more meat to replace more devices? Yes!
    It's either the Note 2 or BB10 for me, but the Note does a great job at replacing more devices. If it was a normal phone with 5" screen it would not be nearly as popular. That said, I love me some big screens.
    I agree. I think at 5", a smartphone needs to provide extra functionality. Do a little extra with all that screen. That's what I think is making the Note so popular. Well, either that or the halo effect of samsung products...
    11-29-12 04:12 PM
    If only my PlayBook could only make calls!
    toneytone likes this.
    11-29-12 04:53 PM
    There is a growing market for devices that size. The deal is to come up with their own unique design.
    I see them as the rebirth of the ultimate PDA. What the PDA would have been if smartphones didn't crush them. That's the market. But clearly not for everyone. I see them as a electrical or mechanical techs work tool in the future. + many more work applications.
    So Yes! RIM needs to be there.
    11-29-12 08:45 PM
    Someone really needs to come up with a word to replace "phablet."
    How about "mobile computer"
    bdguru likes this.
    11-29-12 08:48 PM
    11-29-12 08:54 PM
    I would need Bluetooth earpiece to actually talk on a phablet-style device but without a physical keyboard I would likely not bother. I was very tempted to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note II if only as a secondary device to my BlackBerry smartphone and tablet. To be honest, the Samsung Galaxy Note II seems like the best of a smartphone, tablet, and PDA with the benefit of a stylus and touch-screen but no darn physical keyboard.
    11-29-12 10:02 PM
    I would be happy with the 7-inch BlackBerry PlayBook with integrated voice capability provided Bluetooth earpiece was supported for voice calls and the call could be answered and ended via the earpiece. I rarely talk on my smartphone and use it 99% of the time for email or other messages.
    toneytone likes this.
    11-29-12 10:06 PM
    I can see you now as Punch and Judy...tickets only 20 dollars at the door.
    11-29-12 10:09 PM
    Yes I would definitely go for a RIM phablet.....with a slide out Qwerty!!! Ok I kid I kid since my PlayBook can text BBM make calls and video chat I consider it a PHAT-BLET a wifi only PHAT-BLET but still

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    11-29-12 10:28 PM
    Personally I'm not a fan of the phablet form factor. Something around the size of a GS3 would be about as big as I would want to go with a smartphone. That being said, I think the Note and Note 2 has shown that there is demand for that type of device. If BB10 proves to be successful, it may be one area RIM may want to look at getting into before more competition enters the phablet market.
    11-29-12 10:30 PM
    hello,,, in a word, no,,, i've never been a fan of anything that tries to be two, or more, things,,, think of a good sound system,,, each component doing something very well vs. a stereo which has everything shoved into a cramped little casing,,, & i think words like phablet & soco are plain silly,,, give me a phone, or a tablet, or some southern comfort even if i'm a capt morgan guy,,, marketing geeks try too hard to come up w/ the newest catch word/phrase & the result is usually a failure to my ears in the same way that civil engineers try too hard to dream up creative ways to get you thru/around town with the result being just another traffic nightmare,,, & the same could be said for someone that says,"in a word...", then rambles on w/ a hundred word post...
    The smartphone is a combination of two things: a phone and a pda.....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-30-12 12:12 AM
    i think that brings up a good point. For shorter, smaller people the note is huge but honestly if you are a bigger person then its not that big. Look at the new note 2 commercial with Lebron James, it doesnt look near as huge

Attachment 126624

Yes, they play that commercial all the time.
    12-01-12 01:56 AM
    My fianc�e has a note, and even though I am a foot taller than her, I would not tell her the phablet is too big. She loves the device!
    12-03-12 02:23 AM
70 123