Better for RIM to make 4,65 full touchscreen handset than above 5 inch one. It's a little bit weird to make a phone calls if you put it on your ear.
    Yeah bringing out the brick and typing not a good look,not gonna be as quick as a phone to type and easy robbing target in some places.The answer lies in whoever creates a fusion of handsfree and earphone that has voice command capabilitys over text/call.

There's something to phablets and over time it could become the standard screen size due to the gaps it feels epescially among young consumers.
    11-27-12 06:17 PM
    Yes! I would love that. The Galaxy Note is a great size. Bring it on!
    11-27-12 09:52 PM
    The Note 2 has a great screen. I would love a device like that but I say why waste time. Just make the LTE PlayBook voice capable and have it all in a 7" device.
    That's my dream device so I can carry just one.
    11-27-12 10:00 PM
    The only phone I want is a BB10 Torch slider, 3.5-4" screen. Pen input would be very welcomed.

It has to be narrow enough that I can hold the phone in the palm of my right hand and use the pen/stylus with my left so I can support my left hand with my right fingers.
    11-27-12 10:05 PM
    It's coming eitherway, A-Series BB10:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-cont...10-Aristo.jpeg

Aristo is phablet
    A phablet with a 2800 mah battery would be weak.
    11-27-12 10:17 PM
    Nope. I like having a small device that I can have in my pocket or in my holster(BB Phone). And a bigger device that I can throw in my bag and take it out to read websites, news, books, watch videos, play games. I actually find the Playbook to have a slightly too small of a screen. If they made the bezel about 1cm less on each side and increased the screen size by 1cm on each side, it would be great. (Dare I say, similar to the iPad Mini, except obviously without the stupid home button).

So no, I don't see a use of a tablet sized phone or a phone sized tablet.
    11-27-12 11:20 PM
    Well I have played with the Note at ATT and picked one up at Best Buy and put it to my ear. I'm 5'1-5'2...soo having That big a device to my ear would be ludicrous! I don't think my hands would be able to reach the top of the screen if I tried it one handed.
    11-27-12 11:21 PM
    Well I have played with the Note at ATT and picked one up at Best Buy and put it to my ear. I'm 5'1-5'2...soo having That big a device to my ear would be ludicrous! I don't think my hands would be able to reach the top of the screen if I tried it one handed.
    i think that brings up a good point. For shorter, smaller people the note is huge but honestly if you are a bigger person then its not that big. Look at the new note 2 commercial with Lebron James, it doesnt look near as huge

Would you be in support of a Phablet device by RIM?-lebron-james-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-575x366.jpeg
    anon(4018671) likes this.
    11-27-12 11:36 PM
    Considering that I used a Nokia N770 for traveling purposes and it had handwriting recognition, albeit not super fast, I'd be in support of a phablet. The N770 has a 4.1" screen, so a stylus for BB London would be fine too. The N770 was resistive technology though, so perhaps that worked well for stylus input.
    11-27-12 11:46 PM
    A Note sized device would be nice. I used a Note for about a month while in Korea. It's a bit large to carry around comfortably, but not a big deal if you wear a jacket. I wouldn't trade my iPhone for a Note, but I can see how some people would prefer it. It seems Samsung has already sold over 5M of the Note 2's, so there's definitely a market for it.
    11-28-12 12:28 AM
    i think that brings up a good point. For shorter, smaller people the note is huge but honestly if you are a bigger person then its not that big. Look at the new note 2 commercial with Lebron James, it doesnt look near as huge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LeBron-James-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-575x366.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	126624
    That's what people gotta realize...these devices aren't being made for small people lol. For someone like Lebron's size....its perfect.
    11-28-12 01:33 AM
    That's what people gotta realize...these devices aren't being made for small people lol. For someone like Lebron's size....its perfect.
    So at 5'00", I can't get one?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-28-12 04:23 AM
    imagine being able to text, then switch over and watch a video... hit up a website, or w/e else all on one device without having to squint your eyes or constantly zoom in or out.... etc....
    I already do that at work using a bridged PlayBook - phone in holster, PlayBook on desk managing all phone activities (even remotely silences calls I don't want to take) along with media and browsing. I would rather have the flexibility of this combo, but there's no question that a market exists for a well-made phablet - just look at the old HP handhelds from 1994 still selling for above retail, mostly because they offer the ability to run DOS programs and run on household batteries. I say go for it once BB10 takes off and the apps are there to support the tablet side - maybe an upgrade path for Q1 2014.
    11-28-12 05:15 AM
    A phablet with a 2800 mah battery would be weak.
    Actually with that soc it would be fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    11-28-12 05:45 AM
    Actually, if my PlayBook had full phone capabilities, I'd be happy. It would get me back to carrying just one device. Sure, I'd need to use a headset for calls (70's boombox anyone?), but I already do that so I can take notes during a call. A 7" phablet would be great.
    toneytone likes this.
    11-28-12 06:31 AM
    This forum has always mocked anything bigger than 4" screen... now a rim phablet???
    Oh irony.....
    people in the forum have.. not the forum... the original poster clearly didn't have that viewpoint.... i don't see the irony...
    sleepngbear and peter9477 like this.
    11-28-12 07:53 AM
    There was a thread a while ago talking about the Note vs PB I think. Anyway the Arista seems to be the BB equivalent but to be honest I'm more interested in how it performs then getting one. The PB is good enough for giving me that larger screen. I think the 4" range is perfect for a phone (I still love the Pearl its just so small and will fit in any pocket) but yeah a phablet is kinda a must to offer choice.
    11-28-12 08:33 AM
    I saw one of these on the bus the other day, it was too big for my tastes.....

11-28-12 08:48 AM

I guess that remains to be seen, although I'm hoping that BlackBerry 10 devices have great battery life.
    11-28-12 09:11 AM
    I fear Rim might be alienating their core hardcore users by going after the big screen devices. I wouldn't use anything bigger then a 9900 and even that is slightly too big.
    11-28-12 09:47 AM
    I fear Rim might be alienating their core hardcore users by going after the big screen devices. I wouldn't use anything bigger then a 9900 and even that is slightly too big.
    As long as RIM keeps putting out physical keyboard alongside larger devices the Aristo, they'd be keeping thier core users as well as catering to other segments of the market that do prefer larger devices.
    jakie55 likes this.
    11-28-12 10:34 AM
    Not too long ago, I said that I couldn't see myself getting anything bigger than a device with a 4.3" display. That opinion was based on bulky HTC devices. The SGS3 was easy to get used to, and a lot had to do with its sleek form factor. It's thinner than the HTC devices I was used to, and ergonomically easier to hold and I'm a tiny woman with tiny hands! I'm looking forward to holding both the London and Aristo to see what they're like.
    11-28-12 10:54 AM
    I can say that I wanted the Note when it first appeared on scene. I think it is the only "phablet" to really have nailed the idea. (I mean c'mon, the LG Intuition is just a joke!) But at the same time, I'd not be interested in seeing a similar endeavor by RIM. There would be no reason for it. Leave Samsung to their baby. Give me a digitizer for my PlayBook, maybe.
    11-28-12 11:07 AM
    So at 5'00", I can't get one?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    5'00".......sheesh lol..
    I know u love these gadgets though so I say whatever your heart desires

Guess it's all just personal taste. I know big guys that say even the original Note is too big lol
    jakie55 likes this.
    11-28-12 12:15 PM

Especially considering that most devices with a screen that big only have at most a 2100mAh battery
    11-28-12 12:18 PM
70 123