Hey whats up,

I was just wondering how many people on here would be in support of a blackberry device similar to the galaxy note 2... apparently its a "phablet"... mix of phone and tablet...

I've been waiting for the new blackberrys to come out for the LONGEST time ( i'm still using the Bold 9000 lol) but the more I read up on the galaxy note 2 the more harder it gets for me to not bite the bullet and switch over....

i dont know how many of yall are familiar with it but I really think it could be successful if RIM made something like this...

screen size is perfect... it would really allow you to pretty much put your computer away for good, lol... web browsing, actual document work, and all on a screen that really makes viewing everything enjoyable...

they've also done a real good job with the stylus... its actually useful....

imagine the BB 10 software on a device like that... I really gotta think all the business people would love to have something like that, its gotta make work easier...

apparently the note 3 is supposed to be coming out in february, or at least its supposed to be announced at that point...

but yeah, would yall be interested in something like that?
    Im hoping RIM already has something in the works....
    11-27-12 02:14 PM
    Almost jumped ship for the Note II
    11-27-12 02:20 PM
    This forum has always mocked anything bigger than 4" screen... now a rim phablet???
    Oh irony.....
    11-27-12 02:21 PM
    RIM is heading in that direction "sort of" with the Aristo specs which is is supposedly sporting a 4.65" screen. Most of us are clamoring for that to drop first rather than the L(no disrespect to the L). We just want RIM/BB10 to be a smash hit. But yeah I have to admit the Note 2 caught my eye too and if RIM has one they're working on for in the future I would get one.
    11-27-12 02:30 PM
    It'd be fun to play with I'm sure, but I don't really see the usefulness for something between the BB10 phone and the 7inch tablet. If anything I hope they are working on something close to a 10inch or larger. Maybe even a 26inch touch screen I could put in my kitchen.
    11-27-12 02:30 PM
    I've been using a Galaxy S 3 while waiting for BB10 and the L series to hit. I'll definitely be getting the L series at 4.2", but now that I'm used to the 4.8" screen on the GS3, I would be extremely open-minded towards this supposed 'Aristo' with the 4.65" screen.

Don't think I want a 5.5" screen in my pocket though. The 4.8" is plenty big enough.
    11-27-12 02:34 PM
    hello,,, in a word, no,,, i've never been a fan of anything that tries to be two, or more, things,,, think of a good sound system,,, each component doing something very well vs. a stereo which has everything shoved into a cramped little casing,,, & i think words like phablet & soco are plain silly,,, give me a phone, or a tablet, or some southern comfort even if i'm a capt morgan guy,,, marketing geeks try too hard to come up w/ the newest catch word/phrase & the result is usually a failure to my ears in the same way that civil engineers try too hard to dream up creative ways to get you thru/around town with the result being just another traffic nightmare,,, & the same could be said for someone that says,"in a word...", then rambles on w/ a hundred word post...
    bb624 and RWB3325 like this.
    11-27-12 02:36 PM
    well i mean for me, i'd rather not have a tablet and a phone... especcially if all ima be doing with the tablet is email, youtube, movies, etc...
    i'd rather just have one device that can do both things for me... imagine being able to text, then switch over and watch a video... hit up a website, or w/e else all on one device without having to squint your eyes or constantly zoom in or out.... etc....

no extra stuff to carry or anything like that... that would be DOPE...

and then you have the multitasking abilites of BB10 powering it all... sheeeeeiiiiittttttttttt that would be insane...

im real interested in seeing what samsung does with the note 3 and hopefully RIM can put an aswer out to that...

if all goes well, i'll have a RIM phablet and the microsoft surface pro (for all the real heavy computer work, which at the moment i cant think of but I still want this too, lol) by this time next year, lol
    11-27-12 02:41 PM
    seawarrior... i see what your saying... buuut when you get a chance, play around with the note... I think it might give you a new appreciation for it... its really well done...

and yeah i agree... phablet is a real awkward word, lol ...
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-27-12 02:43 PM
    I would not. It's getting crazy with the screen sizes! Bb did a great job entering and pretty much pioneering the 7" tab. I can imagine a screen size bigger for a tablet except maybe for art? Anywho 4.5 is big enough. Remember when it was all about small phones. They got too small. Now they r getting too big. I'm fine with 4.2 but I'm not a female and I don't want to carry my phone in my back pocket. A 4.2" phone and my pb are all I need. I may even go with the new series
    11-27-12 02:55 PM
    I would totally be in support of a Phablet. I can imagine devices in held would be Aristo and a 10 inch playbook.
    James Nieves likes this.
    11-27-12 02:55 PM
    It's coming eitherway, A-Series BB10:

Aristo is phablet
    11-27-12 03:08 PM
    I am all for it, but doubt BB can pull it off with such limited apps available. BB needs to ensure current apps work properly all the time if they want to retain their customers.
    11-27-12 03:17 PM
    It's coming eitherway, A-Series BB10:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-cont...10-Aristo.jpeg

Aristo is phablet
    Under 5 inches is not a phablet lol.....
    11-27-12 03:17 PM
    i didnt know about the aristo stuff... just did some quick research on it.... apparently its supposed to be announced at the same time as the other 2 is that correct?
    11-27-12 03:43 PM
    I'm not sure if it is supposed to be announced with the others but it could. But that would be a flagship phone so I also doubt it. It could be a little bit after since qnx isn't about the specs because it doesn't need hardware. But if they do it say 3-6 months after that would also be a burn on first adopters.

ALSO I now feel like a because I thought the aristocratic was 4.5" and I wanted one. Wells seem what happens but it also isn't a phablet. Like said above under 5" isn't.
    11-27-12 03:49 PM
    Yes, i would be forced to get one if it came out
    11-27-12 03:52 PM
    i didnt know about the aristo stuff... just did some quick research on it.... apparently its supposed to be announced at the same time as the other 2 is that correct?
    No, it looks like the Aristo would be out in summer '13.
    11-27-12 03:55 PM
    Ofcourse! Why not? Infact if it's loaded with the right amount of apps and features.. It would make the perfect office PA. Note2 is an amazing device ruined by maddening software..

BB10 would be extremely productive.. Tasks.. Email.. Communication (all hub stuff)..

I say it should even come with a stylus!!
    11-27-12 03:57 PM
    oh, and about app availability.... i thought i read that BB10 would allow us to download pretty much all android apps.... so i mean if thats true.... then app selection shouldn't really be too problematic right?
    11-27-12 04:03 PM
    The Note 2 has a great screen. I would love a device like that but I say why waste time. Just make the LTE PlayBook voice capable and have it all in a 7" device.
    toneytone and DrBoomBotz like this.
    11-27-12 04:40 PM
    I own the original GNote so yes I would have interest in such a device.
    11-27-12 04:42 PM
    Hmm I dont know I think phablets are weird I dont like the size cant be walking around with bricks. Im quite social so Im in spots where im up close to female pheromones.lightwear is essential I dont even bring wallet out its straight plastic in pockets phone in inner jacket pocket.I'll have to test one out to make a clear fair judgement.

Its big enough to watch movies,games,generic consumers needs and a decent size to fit certain pockets and bags for a phablet.Saw a broad whip one out on the way to work on train she had a big handbag.Samsung might of reinnovated the PDA.But I think the questions will be can/will phablets replace a 7 inch tablet?? I think thats what RIM will look at as playbooks will be moving to 10 inch.So I think 7 inch playbooks could be limited editions or RIM only order in future.

In my mind right now I think will 5.5 device become the new 7 inch tablet?? And yeah it could challenge big time due to portability and call capability.

Current phones fit in pockets well the screen sizes are good enough to get things done they wont be going anywhere.But there's a market for phablet or old school PDA fans it could challenge the 7 inch market.RIMS probably looking at that there's something to a phablet and the ''Aristo'' quad core now comes to my mind.The playbok mini.

If orange had'nt got greedy and rushed the mini with the tools they have itunes,siri,appletv, they could of took a stepback think about things and made a phablet.But they got greedy,lazy and now the mini's out they are at a high risk of cannibalizing themselves.If they were to release a rushed new product.Only phone trade + cash will save them.
    11-27-12 05:53 PM
    Better for RIM to make 4,65 full touchscreen handset than above 5 inch one. It's a little bit weird to make a phone calls if you put it on your ear.
    11-27-12 05:59 PM
    phablet no, aristo size at 4.65 would be awesome though. my nexus 4 has a very small increase is size over the old galaxy nexus (4.65 vs 4.7 i think) but the N4 is actually a tad shorter and and almost the same width. If the aristo is the same size and the n4 or galaxy nexus and thin like the n4 its a sure winner for RIMs flagship device.
    11-27-12 06:12 PM
70 123