View Poll Results: Would you still recommend a Blackberry?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

125 69.06%
  • NO

56 30.94%
11-02-11 12:35 AM
83 ... 234
tools

Virtual keyboards? Go ahead and try one. You'd be surprised at how efficient you can get once you get the hang of it.

Oh sweet heavens... you can't say stuff like that here...
    10-31-11 04:51 PM
    I've had 4 BBs in my household, so I thing I know the thing. It's claim to fame is Email. That's why BB was a hit, and the corportate BES claim to fame is still secure Email. And synching the calendar. They don't want their workers surfing the web, playing games, doing Facebook, downloading apps. They want them reading email, and attachments. And that, my friends, is why Blackberry phones are regarded as antiquated devices by regular folks like me (and I'm in my 50's, not some kid). Half my email is garbage. Bring on the sports, the apps, the pix. I don't care about the keyboard. I don't care about games. I think RIM has fallen behind, and it started with that disaster of a touchscreen phone, the dreaded Storm. My kid jumped on that, and it was a POS, he hated it. RIM started downhill from there, and they are almost at the bottom of the hill.
    10-31-11 06:23 PM
    I would recommend the new OS7 devices for sure. My 9810 is awesome at everything. Not sure what an Iphone or Android would have over this device. But I know for a fact the the BB has data compression, bets physical keyboards, removeable battery, better battery life, and the list goes on over the iphone and Android.

At least for me those are most important. The browser on the new devices are great and so is the speed with the 1.2 ghz processor. I picked up an iphone at Best Buy the other day and just thought it was lame. No keyboard, one button, and everything is just touch screen. I like the option of being able to use a physical keyboard, track pad, and touch screen options in one phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-11 06:51 PM
    I used a iPhone 2 g until the torch came out. Used the torch for a year then upgraded to torch 2. I just switched back to iPhone 4. I though I would miss the physical keyboard but I don't. The apps are so much better, u can watch a netflix movie, use Skype, ect... Bbm was cool but I use live profile...almost the same. Browsing is just light years ahead there is no comparison. The notification light was cool but u get used to not having that pretty quick. Overall I would not recommend a blackberry to anyone anymore. I would recommend an iPhone. I wanna check out a galaxy s2 and compare it to an iPhone.
    10-31-11 07:13 PM
    TBH I wouldn't recommend a phone to anyone, but if I had to then yes I would mention BB. It all comes down to the user and what they want/need out of their phone on a daily basis. The best thing is doing some research and going to the store to test out the phone before making the final decision. Just my 2 cents
    10-31-11 08:44 PM
    Noone bothers to asks me... they already know that to me there is only BlackBerries
    11-01-11 06:16 AM
    I would recommend the new OS7 devices for sure. My 9810 is awesome at everything. Not sure what an Iphone or Android would have over this device. But I know for a fact the the BB has data compression, bets physical keyboards, removeable battery, better battery life, and the list goes on over the iphone and Android.
    Only reason you'd need a removable battery is to do a battery pull.
    11-01-11 10:10 AM
    Not after all the problems I've had with the 2 I own. I thought the first was a mistake, little did I know at the time that is how blackberry is.
    11-02-11 12:35 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD