Would you ever switch back to a regular cell phone from a blackberry? If so, what would make you switch? I think the only reason that I know switch is if my blackberry kept being a lemon and there was no way to fix it. I know that my carrier Verizon is trying to compete with all the other phone carriers in their technology, just like every other carrier out there, I am just a loyal user of blackberry. If you have switched, what made you decide to switch to another brand of phone?
    05-11-10 07:38 PM
    I will never go back to a Nokia ever again!
    05-11-10 07:40 PM
    never could go back to a regular phone. I have no idea what i did with out a smartphone when i first got my palm treo 650. now i dont know what i would do without my blackberry.
    05-11-10 07:47 PM
    It was hard for me to go to another smartphone and be content. In the last two years I have tried the Pre, iPhone, and Hero. But none of them lasted more than three months. I have always gone back to BlackBerry devices. My first curve was the only smartphone that I had kept longer than a year. I now have a Tour and am completely happy with it. I have no complaints. Everything works as it should, the OS is stable, and it is meeting all of my needs. I do find myself getting curious about other devices, but I appreciate my BB everyday and it always does the job, which makes me realize that it isn't time to switch just yet. As long as my needs are what they are, there is no reason for a change. But who knows, in the future, I may have more expectations for my smartphone and if it isn't offered through a BlackBerry device, I may have to look elsewhere. But until that happens, here is where I'll stay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 07:53 PM
    If I had to go back to a "dumb" phone, I'd get something made by Motorola, I always had luck with their handsets.

But that'll never happen... Gonna be hard to pull me away from BB, there is no smartphone currently on the market that makes me want to leave BlackBerry, it fits my needs perfectly.

Last edited by elvin1983; 05-11-10 at 08:25 PM.
    05-11-10 08:01 PM
    Regular phone - probably not
    Another smartphone - definitely
    05-11-10 08:07 PM
    Dumbphone - not likely. Another smartphone is possible, but it would have to offer a better match to my required functionality. So far RIM is the device which comes closest.
    05-11-10 08:28 PM
    Is there anything else, nah I don't think so
    05-11-10 08:37 PM
    go back to a sony? nah never
    05-11-10 08:40 PM
    No, don't think I could. After 10 years with the same carrier and tons of different phones from different manufacturers, this is my first smartphone. When I got my BB it was like someone had suddenly turned the lights on. It'd be almost impossible for me to downgrade now.
    05-11-10 08:44 PM
    Can you imagine in the future how far out of touch you'd be without a smartphone? Everything is moving toward the single, do-everything, hand held device....regular cell phones will be a rarity in the not so distant future.

05-11-10 09:32 PM
    I'd NEVER go back to a non-smart phone.... and I never thought I'd say this, but the latest issues I've been having with the Tour are making me think that another smartphone, possibly some HTC or Palm something, might be an option I'll have to consider. :'( The unparalleled security of the Blackberry brand, and general reliability, is what keeps me loyal, but when you keep getting duds that either have faulty trackballs, take rainbow-colored pictures and vids, or don't allow you to click on links in the browser, it's tough.

05-11-10 10:02 PM
    Considering mostly all other smartphone makers are making touch screen phones without any decent gaptic feedback, nagh.

05-11-10 10:04 PM
    I would NEVER go back to using a "regualr cell phone" as my main device! But it is possible that I would use a different brand smartphone if I became with Blackberry

05-11-10 10:18 PM
    Never never never never never nev-*ping* oh hold on let me check this emailo.

Now, where was I? oh right . Never never Never Never!
    05-11-10 10:18 PM
    Never!

Although I may consider using, aside from my BB, a regular old-fashion phone.. Just in case my battery get's drained and I can't no longer check my e-mails...
    05-12-10 12:11 AM
    "Dumb phones" these days are starting to have more and more "smart phone" features.

But for the most part, there is absolutely no way I could ever go back to a non-smartphone. And as far as leaving BlackBerry... It'd have to be a smartphone that gives me everything the BlackBerry has and more but with a similar form-factor and keyboard.

For me right now, BlackBerries are the best.
    05-12-10 12:33 AM
    I assuming the op is referring to feature phones when asking would we ever go back. And my answer would surely be NO WAY. As far as switching to another smartphone for my primary device well.... Just check my little bio up there where it has the smartphone I personally use.

05-12-10 07:36 AM
    I really think i have found my cellphone home with blackberry. Ive had samsung lg, and sanyo. So far the blackberry is the best ive ever used, and as someone said earlier, most companies are making touch screen only phones and i am not a huge fan of full touch screen ie htc hero. I need a physical keyboard. So if the slider ever makes it to sprint, i am so on it.
    05-12-10 08:25 AM
    I can't leave blackberry...period. Since August, I've owned a berry, and loved it since. I've come from numerous smartphones/PDAs, and blackberry is the only one I really find to bring a sense of satisfaction. (My iPhone doesn't even make me happy and it's an iPhone lol.) I may decide to give other smartphones a try, but I'll probably always have a blackberry...at least for the foreseeable future.

05-13-10 03:21 AM
    Probably not. I've been using Berries for four years, and unless someone can produce a device better than this 9700, Im sticking with it.
    05-13-10 05:53 AM
    I really think i have found my cellphone home with blackberry. Ive had samsung lg, and sanyo. So far the blackberry is the best ive ever used, and as someone said earlier, most companies are making touch screen only phones and i am not a huge fan of full touch screen ie htc hero. I need a physical keyboard.
    Me, too. The Palm Centro was my first smartphone. Not looking back again from BlackBerry. New model maybe but not any other brand out there or on the horizon today.
    05-13-10 07:31 AM
    Never! I had Nokia N95 before I got Bold 9700.
    05-13-10 09:16 AM
    I could never go back to a dumb phone. Just going through the menu alone on one of those phones would make me crazy. For me, using a BlackBerry is so much easier.
    05-13-10 09:58 AM
    Dumbphone - Unlikely unless it had the QWERTY keyboard, media player, video camera and push email.
    Other smartphone - Unlikely, unless it had the above specs.

The Windows Mobile I tried actually did, but felt like a toy compared to the BlackBerry. I couldn't even move the icons around to position my favorite programs!
    05-13-10 11:27 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD