View Poll Results: Would You buy it?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only if I had a lot of extra money.

5 15.15%
  • Yes, I would buy it over buying another luxury item.

1 3.03%
  • No!

25 75.76%
  • Undecided/other reason (post)

2 6.06%
    If you had the extra cash, would you buy a Vertu phone? (instead of an expensive watch or other luxury item).

Looks like the Bentley of Blackberrys kinda. Has full Internet access/smartphone and email capabilities. Plus you are connected basically everywhere and wherever you are your homescreen updates to give you the best and most necessary information about your current location.

I've had the pleasure of seeing how these beautiful devices work, but I wasn't allowed to video tape. So here is the website and a picture.

Luxury Mobile Phones - Luxury Smartphones :: Vertu

I would only get it if I had extra money. As a graduation gift I am getting a high-end watch, but probably could have gotten this vertu phone instead, but I will definitely get the watch and keep my BB.
    Last edited by SaMaster14; 07-19-11 at 04:32 PM.
    07-19-11 04:25 PM
    There's just no way I would be willing to spend that much money on a cell phone, but when I think about how many I've bought that it would probably be around that total.
    07-19-11 04:45 PM
    put that money into any data plan and you will get farther than on that ugly thing.
    07-19-11 07:31 PM
    Yay, an overpriced Nokia.
    BBThemes and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-19-11 07:35 PM
    Considering I don't buy nokia's at normal prices....
    07-19-11 07:39 PM
    If I had that much money to waste I would rather take an already great BB and just have it given an expensive facelift, there are already companies that do that.

CS
    07-19-11 07:54 PM
    Yay, an overpriced Nokia.
    exactly, my friend used to sell these, an sure they look nice if ya fancy that much bling, but it`ll always be a nokia.
    07-19-11 08:02 PM
    It sure is a Nokia, I own a Constellation which is the touch screen version of those up there and it uses symbian. You cant expect too much technology but the design is awesome and so is the fact that its handmade. When i got mine, the box the phone came in looked like a jewelry box with different compartments.
    01-12-12 01:15 AM
    I think Vertu was an interesting experiment. RIM seems to be dabbling in this market with that Porsche Design Bold.

The last I heard, though, Nokia was looking to unload Vertu...
    01-12-12 01:19 AM
    It sure is a Nokia, I own a Constellation which is the touch screen version of those up there and it uses symbian. You cant expect too much technology but the design is awesome and so is the fact that its handmade. When i got mine, the box the phone came in looked like a jewelry box with different compartments.
    Exactly. You aren't really buying it for the phone part, but for the luxury/materials and the concierge part (for business users).

I walked into the store in Beverly Hills a few weeks ago to look around (not gonna buy one... definitely wouldn't want to have to carry a Vertu around in college) and the phones really are pieces of fine jewelry.
    01-12-12 01:20 AM
    I think Vertu was an interesting experiment. RIM seems to be dabbling in this market with that Porsche Design Bold.
    Exactly, and like Android has done with the Tag Heuer phone (which looks really nice).

Porsche design phone is really nice looking imo, but also not as crazy as a Vertu (some of those gold ones can be tens of thousands of dollars). But having seen the P'9981, it definitely stands out!
    01-12-12 01:22 AM
    First and foremost you really see the handmade quality when you hold the device in your hand. It is rock solid. Its a heavy phone with serious steel materials inside. The buttons are solid as well. Concierge is a great service I already made around 10 reservations and they are very efficient. The City Brief and Vertu Select options are also great. The ringtones were recorded from a session of the London Symphony Orchestra which was specifically for Vertu. Overall it is the best luxury smartphone around.

I also own a Nokia Oro which is a Middle east targeted device. It has 18 Karat gold plating, hand wrapped leather and a sapphire central button. Despite all this its nothing like the Vertu Constellation.

One should only expect to make calls and send texts with Vertu phones, nothing more.
    01-12-12 01:51 AM
    What's the OS?
    01-12-12 02:29 AM
    Symbian but im not sure which version. Nokia Oro ont he other hand uses Symbian Anna.
    01-12-12 02:51 AM
    To be honest, I've never heard of them before.

But after looking at their phones, they just don't aesthetically appeal to me. I'm sure they have great hand made quality, but the look of the phones don't seem "all that" to me.

But what does sound nice is the service that comes with it. Concierge seems nice. Then again, if I was in a financial position to spend money on a mobile device like this, then I would also have the means to have my own personal assistant that can take care of things like that anyway.

The two things that the OP mentioned that REALLY caught me were:

Plus you are connected basically everywhere and wherever you are your homescreen updates to give you the best and most necessary information about your current location.
    Does Vertu provide it's own mobile service? If the phone can truly stay connected EVERYWHERE and not drop signal and get reception in the most random/foreign areas, then I will pay the premium, whatever it may cost... That alone is worth it's weight in Platinum, well, at least to me.
    01-12-12 03:07 AM
    To be honest, I've never heard of them before.

But after looking at their phones, they just don't aesthetically appeal to me. I'm sure they have great hand made quality, but the look of the phones don't seem "all that" to me.

But what does sound nice is the service that comes with it. Concierge seems nice. Then again, if I was in a financial position to spend money on a mobile device like this, then I would also have the means to have my own personal assistant that can take care of things like that anyway.

The two things that the OP mentioned that REALLY caught me were:

Does Vertu provide it's own mobile service? If the phone can truly stay connected EVERYWHERE and not drop signal and get reception in the most random/foreign areas, then I will pay the premium, whatever it may cost... That alone is worth it's weight in Platinum, well, at least to me.
    I would definitely check with the Virtu salesman first, but that was the talk they gave me when I inquired. I believe the device has its own service that works in over 200 countries or something. Plus, you can get service like 3-5 feet underground (and possibly while flying). I would definitely check it out.
    JR A likes this.
    01-12-12 04:06 AM
    It's the Lexus of the phone world. . I saw them at Harrods one day. Beautiful, but impractical at the price.
    01-12-12 06:37 AM
    For people with more money than brains.
    Spencerdl and alnamvet68 like this.
    01-12-12 06:53 AM
    For people with more money than brains.
    I guess I have more brains than money........I think ...... NO!!! I wouldn't buy this phone
    01-12-12 07:51 AM
    I would definitely check with the Virtu salesman first, but that was the talk they gave me when I inquired. I believe the device has its own service that works in over 200 countries or something. Plus, you can get service like 3-5 feet underground (and possibly while flying). I would definitely check it out.

If that's the case, sign me up!
    01-12-12 12:41 PM
    Here are some pictures of my Vertu Constellation T.
    The huge box reminds me of my mom's jewelry box. The contents are:
    Standard charger with USB port
    Car charger
    Extra battery supply with microusb cable and usb port
    In-ear Vertu headphones
    Original leather Vertu pocket case
    Guidebook
    Quick Start guide
    Proof of purchase and certificate of authenticity.

01-29-12 02:51 AM
    Here are some pictures of my Vertu Constellation T.
    The huge box reminds me of my mom's jewelry box. The contents are:
    Standard charger with USB port
    Car charger
    Extra battery supply with microusb cable and usb port
    In-ear Vertu headphones
    Original leather Vertu pocket case
    Guidebook
    Quick Start guide
    Proof of purchase and certificate of authenticity.

Click to view quoted image

What no pen!s enlarger?? Total waste...
    01-29-12 09:46 AM
    What no pen!s enlarger?? Total waste...
    I love it when people who cant afford luxury items throw all the hatred at people who honestly earn their money. Such inferiority is pathetic. Someone here said its for people with more money than brains. I have an IQ of 150 and I use a BlackBerry Bold 9900 for my work. I use this Vertu phone because I like it just like any other accessories I have. Jealousy, greed and inferiority will just show your lack of quality to the outside world. I have the money i bought this device and that's it. Period.
    01-29-12 10:38 AM
    I love it when people who cant afford luxury items throw all the hatred at people who honestly earn their money. Such inferiority is pathetic. Someone here said its for people with more money than brains. I have an IQ of 150 and I use a BlackBerry Bold 9900 for my work. I use this Vertu phone because I like it just like any other accessories I have. Jealousy, greed and inferiority will just show your lack of quality to the outside world. I have the money i bought this device and that's it. Period.
    For someone having an IQ of 150 you don't seem to have strong logic reasoning.
    Logical Flaw:
    1) How did you deduce from my post that I can't afford a Vertu? It's only $7000.00 Not really in the same league as a $150,000.00 BMW.

2) What in my post led you to believe that I'm some bleeding heart liberal rabid anti-capitalist? I own my own company and love making money and don't give it to charities. I'm as hardcore capitalist as they get.

3) The school I went to considered an IQ of 150 as ********. So I'm not impressed with your IQ.

4) Learn to take a joke.
    01-29-12 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD