I would. If I could afford to. At the moment I'm saving up for it. I'm hoping there will be a price drop in the near future that could help me out but even at 700 I would definitely pay it for a device like the Priv

Sent from my Passport
    12-29-15 12:54 AM
    I just bought the go a s6edge+ for 799.
    Of course I would get me a private for 699.
    If I only had financing of course. Hahah

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 01:59 AM
    You got that right. I became a BlackBerry fan based upon the cheap pricing which drew me in from Android about 2.5 years ago. Bought about 10 of their phones, the most expensive of which was $250 CAD (less than 200). They all still work as good as new despite some repeated careless and caseless abuse with the only thing I would want is a better camera, even after snapchat was taken away.

So to suddenly pay $800 for a phone, any phone, seems excessive to me when I can't even wear out the ones I have. BlackBerry now has to counter even their own loyal customer expectations when it comes to pricing.

And yes I know that Chinese Lenovo/huwaie/alcatrel/oneplus/nexus blah blah blah insert any one of a thousand more Johnny come lately wannabe copycat companies do offer unbeatable spec to price ratios in the race to the bottom, but I personally will pay more more for something made in North America/Europe.

Just my 3 cents.

Posted via CB10
    What phones are still actively produced in North America or Europe?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 08:49 AM
    All 10 of my BlackBerry 10 phones are made in Mexico. They don't assemble them in Canada anymore. Too expensive to do so.

I think some BlackBerrys were/are still made somewhere in eastern Europe.

Unfortunately to cut costs, BlackBerry builds the Classic (Foxconn... ughh...) and the Leap ( not Foxconn) in China. I believe that the Passport and Priv are still made in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 09:29 AM
    I would not buy one. I bought two.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 09:46 AM
    All 10 of my BlackBerry 10 phones are made in Mexico. They don't assemble them in Canada anymore. Too expensive to do so.

I think some BlackBerrys were/are still made somewhere in eastern Europe.

Unfortunately to cut costs, BlackBerry builds the Classic (Foxconn... ughh...) and the Leap ( not Foxconn) in China. I believe that the Passport and Priv are still made in Mexico.

Posted via CB10
    Have to wonder if that is in hopes of gaining government contracts.....

We deal with that in our industry.... most all the components are "made" in Asia. Finial Assembly is done in North America, with some product that is putting three screws into two completed halves. Usually adds about 6% to the "cost" of the devices, over a fully assembled device in Asia... but it meets the government rules.

BOT: No, I won't buy one for $700. Really think the Nexus 6P is the best "deal" for an Android device. I just don't want a PKB.
    12-29-15 09:46 AM
    Bought two at that price.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    12-29-15 09:56 AM
    Well you should watch the video for the production of the Priv. More than 3 screws.

I have no idea what government you are talking about.

And yes most, if not all components are Asian, cuz that is all a manufacturer can get.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 09:59 AM
33 12