12-26-11 02:19 PM
86 123 ...
tools
  1. cgull's Avatar
    Assuming you were eligible for an upgrade would you pick up an OS7 device? If the answer is yes, why haven't you?
    12-23-11 09:38 AM
  2. _StephenBB81's Avatar
    Yes I would

    but I purchased one at full price back in August.

    If they launched a HSPA+ OS7 Based Blackberry Style in June of 2012, I would pay full price to get it.
    12-23-11 09:44 AM
  3. grover5's Avatar
    The answer is yes and I did in September because it is awesome.
    12-23-11 09:47 AM
  4. ksboldguy's Avatar
    Yes, 9930, goes great with Playbook and is an awesome phone on it's own merit. I wouldnt upgrade today because I already have both!
    12-23-11 09:47 AM
  5. llllBULLSEYE's Avatar
    Yes!!
    I love OS7
    If Tomorrow Rim were to come out with a
    Torch special edition which sports the 9900 keyboard
    I would buy it full price.
    12-23-11 09:57 AM
  6. up488's Avatar
    I did and would definitely buy an OS7 again. I'm not caught up in this whole BB10 madness and quite happy with my 9860. Best phone i've owned.
    12-23-11 10:01 AM
  7. jamesbondOO7's Avatar
    Bought my Bold 9900 for about 1.000 $ about 2 months ago, would do the same today. Why the question?
    12-23-11 10:03 AM
  8. diegonei's Avatar
    Still waiting for OS7 here in Brasil... I was going to hold for QNX but since it won't be around till 2012-13... I may be getting a new Bold (9900? 9790?) or 9860.
    12-23-11 10:05 AM
  9. cgull's Avatar
    Bought my Bold 9900 for about 1.000 $ about 2 months ago, would do the same today. Why the question?
    The masses have been led to believe that we have to wait for BB10... I don't think anyone even knows what OS7 can do now.
    12-23-11 10:11 AM
  10. OniBerry's Avatar
    There will always be those who are 'waiting' for the next, best thing. I bought an OS 7 device day 1, full price. No regrets. Been using it for months. I know what it can do for me. You are probably preaching to the already converted...lol

    Perhaps you should define what you want/need an OS 7 device to do, find out if it does that. Then decide.
    12-23-11 10:15 AM
  11. anon3396357's Avatar
    Assuming you were eligible for an upgrade would you pick up an OS7 device? If the answer is yes, why haven't you?
    I've been eligible since more than a month ago, and the only reason why I'm holding out is because getting a Bold 9900 is MUCH more expensive than getting an iPhone 4S, which is my choice if jumping onto a different platform. $498 for a Bold 9900 versus $235 for an iPhone 4S at the same price point is just not cutting it for me. I'm still holding on to BB because RIM gave me a free PB during DevCon so might as well use it to the fullest (with Bridge)
    12-23-11 10:16 AM
  12. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    The masses have been led to believe that we have to wait for BB10... I don't think anyone even knows what OS7 can do now.
    The masses have no idea about BB10, they're not waiting for it, whoever wants a blackberry is buying OS7 devices now. People on this forum might be waiting.

    Got my 9900 as soon as it was available on vodafone uk.
    ubizmo likes this.
    12-23-11 10:29 AM
  13. newcollector's Avatar
    Yes, I would and did buy my 9810 back in November. OS7 phones are a huge improvement over OS6.
    12-23-11 10:42 AM
  14. anthogag's Avatar
    I currently have the 9800 and I'm going to get the 9810 soon, and then a BB10 phone in about 8 months
    12-23-11 10:44 AM
  15. BoldtotheMax's Avatar
    I was hoping a BB10 phone would be coming out early In '12, but obviously isn't the case. I will say if my mytouch 4G didn't already suffice for me, I would give one a whirl. Probably go back to the physical keyboard 9900.

    Sent from I am on Fire!
    12-23-11 10:49 AM
  16. tmelon's Avatar
    Probably not. I'm plenty satisfied with my current phone and I don't want to get involved in a 2 year contract with a phone that is destined to be EOL'd halfway through the contract.
    12-23-11 11:39 AM
  17. 13echo4's Avatar
    Probably not. I'm plenty satisfied with my current phone and I don't want to get involved in a 2 year contract with a phone that is destined to be EOL'd halfway through the contract.
    Isn't that the case w/ any device. This kind of statement makes my head hurt.
    Its not like your device is going to shut down in the middle of the contract.
    If your saying your waiting on qnx devices I understand that. 2 weeks ago I had no intention of upgrading my 9800. Then I started thinking about the 9860. Rim suckered me w/ it. Lol. I just had to see how I'd like a nonkeyboard device. All and all I like it. Truth be told I wanted a bigger screen. That I got.
    I don't know why but I don't think Rim is going to jump from os7 to os10. For some strange reason I think there will be an 8 and 9. So if os10 is the magic os there's still some climbing to do.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-23-11 02:06 PM
  18. southlander's Avatar
    Sure I would. They just came out a few months back.
    12-23-11 02:12 PM
  19. houshinto#IM's Avatar
    No, but that's only cause my contract is not up yet with Telus. It'll be up in October so it'll be in time for the new BB10 phones.
    12-23-11 02:20 PM
  20. elvin1983's Avatar
    No, I wouldn't buy one today. I bought mine a couple months ago, therefore, I have no reason to get a BB OS7 phone today...
    12-23-11 02:21 PM
  21. E92Vancouver's Avatar
    Assuming you were eligible for an upgrade would you pick up an OS7 device? If the answer is yes, why haven't you?
    I did. A fool and his money are soon partying.
    12-23-11 02:30 PM
  22. SRR500's Avatar
    Yes, I got mine a month ago. And if something happened to it I would probably pay full price for another one before I got my os6 device back out.

    I did however, decide to the cheaper route and get the curve in order to put me a little further ahead with saving money towards a BB10 device.

    I'm kinda glad for the delay. It gives me some more time to save up the money to buy it when it's ready. In the meantime I'm perfectly happy with BB7.

    Take your time RIM, get it right, and blow our socks off next year.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    12-23-11 02:31 PM
  23. Altarocks's Avatar
    I'm eligible January 1. If ATT stores are open that day I'll be there for the upgrade to a 9810; otherwise I won't upgrade.










    ...Until January 2.
    12-23-11 03:51 PM
  24. RoseBud68's Avatar
    Yes, my son had an upgrade & he wanted the 9860. I hope to get on myself & the wife will get her 9810 next year. See no reason to wait for something better.
    12-23-11 03:59 PM
  25. cl8baller's Avatar
    If I had money to purchase a BB7 phone without a contract yeah.
    Its not BB10 coming out next year that is holding me back from upgrading, I have been eligible to upgrade since '10 Feb.
    First I was waiting for BB7, now I am just waiting for price drops or a good enough incentive. Bold 9000 with 32GB microSDHC card on holster, 16GB PlayBook that fits in my favorite jacket's pocket, and Bridge, is an absolutely beast-like experience.
    12-23-11 04:00 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD