the Curve to the Pearl? I just cant get my thumbs to work on the Curve, so im thinkig about switching to the Pearl. My thumbs seam to work better on the pearl when I play with one in a Verizon store.

Another question is, and I dont want to say this the wrong way! Is the pearl more for women & gays, I hope I didn't say that wrong.

Maybe I should trade in my thumbs rather than my curve.
    08-15-08 09:17 AM
    If the Pearl works better for you, get it! It's a fantastic phone.
    08-15-08 09:19 AM
    There is alot of guys that have Pearls, but some say it is more of girls phone. But it is all what you think and works well for you and your usage.
    08-15-08 09:22 AM
    The pearl has less built in memory than the curve.
    Thats the only real difference.

The whole boy or girl thing is a question of your own manhood...

Dm
    08-15-08 09:27 AM
    It's a girlie Berry if you ask me. They're so cute though. To each his own Rob, and yes you would be downgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 09:27 AM
    The pearl has less built in memory than the curve.
    Thats the only real difference.

The whole boy or girl thing is a question of your own manhood...

Dm
    I agree 100% I had a pearl and didn't feel girly. Its whatever works best for you!

08-15-08 09:29 AM
    i personally don't see how a phone cold be labeled "girly" unless your planning on getting the pink pearl, some people prefer smaller phones (women and men)
    08-15-08 09:35 AM
    the Curve to the Pearl? I just cant get my thumbs to work on the Curve, so im thinkig about switching to the Pearl. My thumbs seam to work better on the pearl when I play with one in a Verizon store.

Another question is, and I dont want to say this the wrong way! Is the pearl more for women & gays, I hope I didn't say that wrong.

Maybe I should trade in my thumbs rather than my curve.
    It's all a matter of your perception. I don't consider it a downgrade but I don;t like the Pearl myself
    08-15-08 09:40 AM
    little less memory and screen but I like the size of the pearl since I carry it in my pocket and suretype is fast once you get the hang of it.
    08-15-08 09:42 AM
    Other than 96 vs 64mb of memory, the two are functionally identical. It all comes down to which form factor you prefer and the pros and cons of each. I do find it a little easier to type on the Pearl due to the size of the keys compared to the Curve.

I wouldn't say the Pearl is girly (ok maybe the name) - it looks and feels pretty much like any other candybar phone. But I will say that it does feel a little dainty when you type on it, especially right after I use my 8703e.
    08-15-08 09:45 AM
    I have a Pearl because my thumbs are too big for a Curve. I hit 2 keys at the same time. My brother-in-law returned his Curve for a Pearl for the same reason. Mine is in a black hard case so it isn't girly at all. Get whatever is good for you and don't worry about what other people think!
    08-15-08 09:51 AM
    I think perhaps the word "gays" is slightly inappropriate, however no. You will not be downgrading. The functionality of the two phones is basically the same, though the pearl is smaller and features suretype.

08-15-08 09:53 AM
    Before anyone take what I said out of context, I was only kidding. I had a 7100i before I came to Verizon. Not really the same style as a pearl but almost the same size but only bulkier. So just go ahead and stop in your tracks now. Have a nice day today everyone!!

08-15-08 09:59 AM
    It's too small for me.

08-15-08 10:00 AM
    Sounds like you need to get a bit more self confidence.
    I have a pearl and whenever I become a bit insecure about my sexuality, I reach out and lick my trackball ever so gently..
    Dude it's a phone, not a billboard to what you do in bed.

08-15-08 10:01 AM
    Sounds like you need to get a bit more self confidence.
    I have a pearl and whenever I become a bit insecure about my sexuality, I reach out and lick my trackball ever so gently..
    Dude it's a phone, not a billboard to what you do in bed.

LMAO
    08-15-08 10:04 AM
    Oh god not the "Pearls are for girls" thread all over again...
    08-15-08 11:23 AM
    If it helps you utilize your BB then get the Pearl!

Any guy too insecure to get a Pearl has issues IMO

08-15-08 11:25 AM
    It's a girlie Berry if you ask me. They're so cute though. To each his own Rob, and yes you would be downgrading.

I don't think the pearl is a girlie phone i can asure you I am not gay or a girl do I need to prove it ?

08-15-08 12:21 PM
    Ok, out of curiosity, what is inappropriate about the word "gays"? This PC stuff fascinates me.

08-15-08 03:51 PM
    I see a lot of business people with the pearl, you can't dictate what your company gives you so they just use it. Just don't get a pink one and you'll be fine Some people have called the curve girlie, who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by flchick75; 08-15-08 at 03:57 PM.
    08-15-08 03:53 PM
    dude, I have a nice new silver pearl for vzw.. i'd trade ya right now for your curve. honestly
    08-15-08 03:57 PM
    Yes you would be. I'm having to downgrade from Curve to the Pearl for work, they wont get me a Curve since I'm not a manager. I can buy my own phone though, which I will do when the Bold comes out for T-Mobile.

I am just dreading Monday/Tuesday when I switch. It'll be like going from a Movie theatre to an in car entertainment center. Small, cramped, uncomfortable and impractable.
    08-15-08 04:32 PM
    Without involving the sex thing, it is a downgrade for sure.

08-15-08 05:10 PM
    Yes its a downgrade
    Yes its sort of feminent

08-15-08 07:53 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD