They would lose the last of their business customers by going with Android.
    They are losing business customers to Android and iPhone every week.

The question is, how much would it cost for BlackBerry to create the most secure Android on the market?
    cosco993, JeepBB and Raddin like this.
    05-02-14 10:36 PM
    May be for consumers, they should come up with BB10/Android hybrid phone, or at least with Google services and for enterprise, pure BB10 phone.
    Yes. Customers dont need a 'built for business' phone, that suits 'your business and mail needs'. lol. half of the people in here are students, and don't even receive heavy no. of mails. let alone the business needs.
    They should go casual. back when they(blackberry) started, phones with mails were for corporate hotshots and officers who did huge mail transactions. this is a whole different scenario now, and target customers are totally different. Now people are either jobless, or have gmail/OUTLOOK!/etc which runs on other phones equally faster. and nobody gives a damn about security. as all phones are sufficiently secure. And nobody is going to buy a phone for a good-on-screen keyboard, haha!
    05-02-14 10:38 PM
    They are losing business customers to Android and iPhone every week.

The question is, how much would it cost for BlackBerry to create the most secure Android on the market?
    Hasn't Samsung been trying to do that with all the money they have? The idea of android itself makes it hard for it to be secure. Common sense mate. It's not like BlackBerry have a magic wand

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-02-14 10:38 PM
    Heavy use? I was under the impression that the browser heavily uses the browser. My mistake. The browser and hdmi are happily gentle on the phone. 9 hours later my phone has 20% and you all claimed it was impossible I could get 12 hours and I must be lying. Smh moto g... hmm doesn't that have similar specs to the z30? you know what not even sure what that has to do with the fact that you can't own up to the fact that you called me a liar w/o proof on your side. I provide proof and somehow the phone discharge rate is pathetic.. something I care very little about

moto g is even cheaper than z10, my sister uses it. and occasionally i do that as well.
    05-02-14 10:40 PM
    Customers dont need a 'built for business' phone, that suits 'your business and mail needs'. lol. half of the people in here are students, and don't even receive heavy no. of mails. let alone the business needs.
    They should go casual.
    BlackBerry's target audience is no longer the "casual" user. It's the business user.
    05-02-14 10:45 PM
    Hasn't Samsung been trying to do that with all the money they have? The idea of android itself makes it hard for it to be secure.
    Yes they have. But how can Boeing claim they've achieved the ultimate Android security if Samsung can't?
    05-02-14 10:49 PM
    Unless they're bought out by another company BlackBerry will never convert completely to Android.

My thoughts anyways...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:58 PM
    Are you suggesting BBRY should produce a rooted Android phone?
    No, I'm not and I have no idea how you got that impression from my post. The person I was replying to expressed an interest in avoiding Google's practices. I was only explaining how I do that on all my Android devices.

And how would this help BBRY from a business standpoint? Would it drive enough sales to balance out the truly security-conscious users that still rely on BBRY?
    Why in the world would I care if it makes sense for them from a business stand point? I haven't invested in the company. From a user stand point which would you rather have, BlackBerry out of business and no more software updates to the hardware you paid good money for, or BlackBerry out of business and you free to do as you wish with the hardware you paid for?

Me, I don't care if it makes them money or not, I want it for my own use. Think of all the dust that will collect on BB10 devices once they do decide to pull the plug. Which lets be honest, it is looking more and more likely that it could happen. With a unlocked bootloader, at least the existing hardware could still have a future.

How useful is that abandoned PlayBook next to a TouchPad that is still receiving software support today?

Not everything has to be about what's best for BlackBerry. What about what's best for its users? Surely you can see why having the option to unlock the boot loader and put a new OS on a device like the PlayBook would be nice.
    Last edited by Raddin; 05-03-14 at 12:30 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-03-14 12:16 AM
    No, I'm not and I have no idea how you got that impression from my post. The person I was replying to expressed an interest in avoiding Google's practices. I was only explaining how I do that on all my Android devices.

Why in the world would I care if it makes sense for them from a business stand point? I haven't invested in the company. From a user stand point which would you rather have, BlackBerry out of business and no more software updates to the hardware you paid good money for, or BlackBerry out of business and you free to do as you wish with the hardware you paid for?

Me, I don't care if it makes them money or not, I want it for my own use. Think of all the dust that will collect on BB10 devices once they do decide to pull the plug. Which lets be honest, it is looking more and more likely that it could happen. With a unlocked bootloader, at least the existing hardware could still have a future.

How useful is that abandoned PlayBook next to a TouchPad that is still receiving software support today?

Not everything has to be about what's best for BlackBerry. What about what's best for its users? Surely you can see why having the option to unlock the boot loader and put a new OS on a device like the PlayBook would be nice.
    Oh understood. I'm just saying this from a business pov ah

05-03-14 12:47 AM
    05-03-14 01:08 AM
    Almost two dozen posts deleted. This thread is unredeemable at this point and staying closed.
    05-03-14 05:43 AM
86 ... 234