It wouldn't be a BlackBerry then.....just another android experience. BB10 is the way, and through BES10/12 it is going to be the best solution for government and business. Work side-Personal side all in a great device/OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:29 PM
    i don't even know what to say.
    i've just received an infraction, and this is too stupid
    What's an infraction? If it's what I think it is it's because of the name calling and insults you are flinging around. By the way, I never said you were stupid. I said stop saying stupid things. Like I said before. If you hate your Z10 and BlackBerry in general, then retrun the phone and get another one. Then go hang out in their forums and bash BlackBerry all you want. But it's really not a good idea to come to a BlackBerry forum and start bashing BlackBerry. What did you expect??
    05-02-14 12:31 PM
    If Z3 fails globally, and financial quarter results show a negative sign as well, do you think Blackberry will go for Android and Google as their last resort? or will make more BB10 Devices as usual?
    No reason for anyone to consider Blackberry for Androids.
    05-02-14 12:32 PM
    No! How many times does this question have to be asked on CB before fAndroids understand that. Android is the competition.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    Re read what I said, I never said they need to compete in the Android market, they wouldn't need to do anything besides unlock the bootloader and devices like the PlayBook could be made to run KitKat. Look at the HP TouchPad, do you think HP made KitKat for that tablet? Nope
    I meant your first line lol I agree with the rest my bad

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    Not sure out of all OEMs, but I do know that both Samsung and LG made profit from Android last quarter.
    You know that LG made profit from Android last quarter? Better tell them to change their financial statements .

January-March financials mixed bag for Samsung, LG-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

They lost money on the mobile division for the last two quarters.
    Karan Mohal likes this.
    05-02-14 12:38 PM
    You are absolutely right. But let me ask you a really important question. Aside from people in the know like yourself, how much of the actual android using population knows how to root or even knows what that means. SNIP.
    It is impossible to know the exact numbers of people who root, but it is far more than you would think. SuperSU, the app you need for root to be worth doing has been installed by anywhere from 10 to 50 million users. According to CyanogenMod stats CM is running on almost 12 million devices right now. You can't have CM without root at the moment.

Total BB10 sells are sitting at about 6 million right now. So at bare minimum, it is easy to guess that there are at least around twice as many people in the world that use a rooted Android device than there are BB10 users perioid.

Besides, my only point is that if you're a person who doesn't like Google mining your data or shoving ads your face, than you're far better off with Android, because at least then that stuff is optional. The vast majority of Android devices in the world can be rooted. Only a small percentage have bootloaders that can't be unlocked. With BlackBerry 10, you know for certain that you will be making Google money pretty much anytime you visit a website or use an ad supported app.
    Last edited by Raddin; 05-02-14 at 01:48 PM.
    05-02-14 12:39 PM
    You know that LG made profit from Android last quarter? Better tell them to change their financial statements .

January-March financials mixed bag for Samsung, LG-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

http://pds.joins.com/jmnet/koreajoon...4/29211826.jpg

They lost money on the mobile division for the last two quarters.
    Wow, maybe you're right about LG, my source was LG's own press release, which doesn't mention losses in the mobile phone division at all. It does however mention a 6% increase in revenue and increased operating profit. That is what I was going off of, but a fancy graphic from a website I've never heard of said otherwise. So who knows. Either way, sorry about that.

I'll just agree that the fancy graphic is correct, did you by any chance convert 43 million won over to dollars? If not you should. If the tool I used is correct, LG's total losses for the mobile division is something like $41,753. If that really is correct, man you've gotta admit that is a pretty minuscule loss.

You still didn't name any company that is making money from BlackBerry 10 though. How many hundreds of millions of dollars did BlackBerry lose last quarter? Do you have a graph of that one?
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-02-14 01:13 PM
    Just for you..
    Attachment 267360

You lost 39% battery with only 16% on screen time? Not very impressive. I don't see how you could possibly get 12 hours heavy use.

Sent from my Death Note
    05-02-14 02:04 PM
    should i stop?
    I lol'd

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:10 PM
    You lost 39% battery with only 16% on screen time? Not very impressive. I don't see how you could possibly get 12 hours heavy use.

Sent from my Death Note
    It all depends. You are assuming I'm on my phone nonstop the entire day. Heavy use imo means I use it often.. but I don't consider using my phone as if I have no life "heavy use ". I am a student after all and you can only snapchat so much in class before the teacher starts noticing it
    Would BlackBerry switch to Android?-crackberry-image.jpg

This was last Sunday? But anyways I use it the same way every Saturdays and Sundays. ( European soccer) at least 4 hours on big screen hdmi

05-02-14 02:24 PM
    No, but for long term survival it must allow direct and official access and installation of Android apks - or at the very least forked Android like the Amazon store, which should come pre-installed on all BB10 devices and directly advertised. Can't see a path forward otherwise. It's by far still the most cited complaint about BB10. Remove this limitation and people will have much less to complain about
    05-02-14 03:31 PM

Sent from my Death Note
    Mine doesn't have much screen time but it does have around 5 hours of wifi hotspot for my tablet.

Would BlackBerry switch to Android?-batt.png
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-02-14 04:39 PM
    No chance of that ever happening. Makes zero sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:07 PM
    Smh put it this way. The sector they are targeting ( enterprise) then would be pointless and they'd be done. Then they'd have to focus on the consumer market full time.. and we know they ain't beating Sammy or htc

May be for consumers, they should come up with BB10/Android hybrid phone, or at least with Google services and for enterprise, pure BB10 phone.
    cosco993 likes this.
    05-02-14 05:32 PM
    If Z3 fails globally, and financial quarter results show a negative sign as well, do you think Blackberry will go for Android and Google as their last resort? or will make more BB10 Devices as usual?
    No.

Q10: SQN 100-5 v. 10.2.1.2102
    05-02-14 05:43 PM
    I heard android was switching to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and kbz1960 like this.
    05-02-14 06:59 PM

Remember, I just pointed out how minuscule LG's losses were? I said they lost, gasp, $41,753 last quarter. OMG! By the way, that's about $300 more than I paid for my last vehicle.
    I think you read the wrong quarter and you misplaced 3 digits? Mobile division losses in the most recent quarter were 8.8 billion won, around $8 million.

$8M may a bit more than you spent on your car. Still, you are right when you say this is a very small loss for a company that size. Even at BlackBerry's size, if their losses were only $8M everyone would be very, very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Raddin and JeepBB like this.
    05-02-14 07:17 PM
    I think you read the wrong quarter and you misplaced 3 digits? Mobile division losses in the most recent quarter were 8.8 billion won, around $8 million.

$8M may a bit more than you spent on your car. Still, you are right when you say this is a very small loss for a company that size. Even at BlackBerry's size, if their losses were only $8M everyone would be very, very happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I knew something had to be wrong with that

I see where my mistake came from, I thought the picture was in Millions not Billions. That is what I get for using this tiny Q10 screen all day. Thanks for clarification!

And yes, could you imagine what would happen to the stock price if BlackBerry reported a loss of only 8 million?
    05-02-14 07:24 PM
    Blackberry should of bought webos

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 07:37 PM
    I've been an Android user (Along with BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8) for nearly two years now and I can guarantee that Google makes more money from my BlackBerry and Windows devices than they do from my Androids. The same is true for you on your BlackBerry 10 devices.

Since the first day my first Android device arrived, I have been rooted with ad blocking software and the ability to edit application permissions. Including the permissions of Google's own apps. For the most part, each time you look at an ad, you've made Google some money. Ads do not show up on my Android devices. Doesn't matter if it is the browser, apps or YouTube videos. Ads simply never get a chance to load on my Android devices. The same can't be said for my BlackBerry 10 and Windows Phone 8 devices.

So while I agree with you, that data mining and ads suck, at least with Android, you can root and then have some control over that matter. Not so much with BlackBerry 10. Honestly, a Android device that has been rooted and running AOSP is the best choice for a smartphone you can make if you don't like Google.
    Are you suggesting BBRY should produce a rooted Android phone?
    lift likes this.
    05-02-14 07:39 PM
    If they were going to switch to Android, it should have been right after OS7. Doesn't make sense to do it now. BUT, I'd still love to see them push out an update to unlock the bootloader on existing BlackBerry QNX based devices. I'd happily use KitKat on a PlayBook or Q10 right now if I could.
    And how would this help BBRY from a business standpoint? Would it drive enough sales to balance out the truly security-conscious users that still rely on BBRY?
    lift and spikesolie like this.
    05-02-14 07:43 PM
    I do not think so. (Patent lawsuits from Apple)
    05-02-14 09:00 PM
    Windows phone would be a better choice than android. Even though it bought Nokia's mobile division, it appears microsoft is still trying to get oems to adopt windows phone. Windows is a natural fit for BlackBerry's target market (business/enterprise) and BlackBerry could really really use a large, cash rich partner to help nurture it's growth. If a company like Microsoft took an interest in seeing BlackBerry succeed, that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    05-02-14 09:18 PM
    Too many problems in terms of security for BlackBerry to do this, additionally they have invested heavily in BlackBerry 10 which personally is the best OS out there, the problem is that there are Developers who haven't brought their work to BlackBerry 10 hence the need for Android runtime, again personally if BlackBerry went DROID I would drop BlackBerry like a hot potato and revert to Burner phones.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:52 PM
86 1234