If Z3 fails globally, and financial quarter results show a negative sign as well, do you think Blackberry will go for Android and Google as their last resort? or will make more BB10 Devices as usual?
    05-02-14 05:42 AM
    Current signs seem to suggest that the Z3 is selling strongly so... what will be interesting is if BlackBerry will be able to bring headless android apps that can notify you of updates. if that happens then what will be dead in the water is BlackBerry World.

Z10 addict, waiting for the next flagship Z...
    05-02-14 05:47 AM
    If Z3 fails globally, and financial quarter results show a negative sign as well, do you think Blackberry will go for Android and Google as their last resort? or will make more BB10 Devices as usual?
    They won't.
    web99 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    05-02-14 05:47 AM
    Current signs seem to suggest that the Z3 is selling strongly so... what will be interesting is if BlackBerry will be able to bring headless android apps that can notify you of updates. if that happens then what will be dead in the water is BlackBerry World.

What if they integrate google services to their phones?
    05-02-14 05:50 AM
    What if they integrate google services to their phones?
    The problem with that is that to have it you basically have to open your doors to Google and let them have free reign of your data. That is obviously not in blackberry's interests.

05-02-14 05:52 AM
    The problem with that is that to have it you basically have to open your doors to Google and let them have free reign of your data. That is obviously not in blackberry's interests.

But what can go wrong with having Google? Most of us in here have a google account as well. and this may help in proper working of every android app
    05-02-14 05:58 AM
    05-02-14 05:58 AM
    should i stop?
    05-02-14 06:00 AM
    But what can go wrong with having Google? Most of us in here have a google account as well. and this may help in proper working of every android app
    Well there's that I suppose. I'm not entirely against the idea of a heavily modified Android-Blackberry but the company did shelve the idea a while back. Perhaps the android runtime will get to the point where blackberry and android are one in the same anyway.

05-02-14 06:05 AM
    Well there's that I suppose. I'm not entirely against the idea of a heavily modified Android-Blackberry but the company did shelve the idea a while back. Perhaps the android runtime will get to the point where blackberry and android are one in the same anyway.

Blackberry- Benjamin Button
    Android- Daisy
    Android Runtime- Their love story.
    I'm pretty sure that they will meet and match at one point, but they'll never sync well.
    05-02-14 06:11 AM
    Smh put it this way. The sector they are targeting ( enterprise) then would be pointless and they'd be done. Then they'd have to focus on the consumer market full time.. and we know they ain't beating Sammy or htc

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-02-14 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry better not ever switch to Android. If I wanted an Android phone I would be using my G2, but I don't which is why it's sitting in a box right now.

BB10 software is the reason why I use my Z30 and I know it's only going to get better with 10.3. Android is stagnant, they aren't focusing on the user experience, they are focusing on wearables which I have no interest in at all. iOS is iOS, if Apple does something innovative I will be shocked. And Windows Mobile is the only other OS that is actually doing something interesting but I find the UI too busy. So that leaves me with BB10, which I really hope BlackBerry keeps developing and improving.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 09:53 AM
    Afraid it's too late for that. Why would someone buy a bb android phone over any other mfg?
    ajst222, JeepBB, web99 and 1 others like this.
    05-02-14 10:04 AM
    No
    05-02-14 10:06 AM
    It wouldn't make sense to them to go Android as there are too many manufacturers already. The water is too cloudy. However, if they do need to switch to another OS, it should be Windows Phone. It could be a good way for them to get in on it relatively early. Plus, Microsoft has slashed licensing fees.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    05-02-14 10:10 AM
    Afraid it's too late for that. Why would someone buy a bb android phone over any other mfg?
    This is exactly the point. Too many well known Android manufacturers already and too many trying to compete to become well known.

kbz1960 and web99 like this.
    05-02-14 10:11 AM
    Quality, that's the first thing that comes to my mind. just imagine, if they release a cheap QWERTY (http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-make-911710/)
    it seriously will sell like anything. People do want it. and people will love it
    05-02-14 10:13 AM
    It wouldn't make sense to them to go Android as there are too many manufacturers already. The water is too cloudy. However, if they do need to switch to another OS, it should be Windows Phone. It could be a good way for them to get in on it relatively early. Plus, Microsoft has slashed licensing fees.

windows 8 is too full screen optimized. not for qwerty in my opinion
    05-02-14 10:15 AM
    windows 8 is too full screen optimized. not for qwerty in my opinion
    Who said it has to be a qwerty? With Windows Phone 8, they can focus on the consumer market again. However, Windows Phone is very appealing to the business market as well, so they're not limited. I'm sure they could make a decent qwerty, it just can't have a 1:1 screen ratio

05-02-14 10:30 AM
    Quality, that's the first thing that comes to my mind. just imagine, if they release a cheap QWERTY (http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-make-911710/)
    it seriously will sell like anything. People do want it. and people will love it
    You mean bb kb people. There have been androids with pkb and none have sold well at all. You think just a bb pkb will do the trick? Better not have a double typing issue.
    ajst222 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    05-02-14 10:33 AM
    What could go wrong with having Google??? You have a lot of reading to do my friend. As others have already said, free rein to all your data just for starters!! I have said this a million times, how could anyone willingly use an Android phone or any of Googles "free" services is beyond me. O.K., done ranting.
    05-02-14 10:43 AM
    In a word, No!

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    05-02-14 10:44 AM
    What could go wrong with having Google??? You have a lot of reading to do my friend. As others have already said, free rein to all your data just for starters!! I have said this a million times, how could anyone willingly use an Android phone or any of Googles "free" services is beyond me. O.K., done ranting.
    which email service do you use?
    05-02-14 10:47 AM
    There is no time to Switch to a new OS... because it would need to be customized to allow it meet BlackBerry security levels - It took them two years to get everything to work on the PlayBook OS.

Sure they could just go with WP8 or Android as is, but that would make them just another device "manufacture" (or at least they have them made), and there is no way they can compete a just another hardware OEM. Specs, Brand, Marketing... they can't compete.

Embrace the Android Ecosystem, that is a possibility. But it would most likely kill any chance at the BlackBerry ecosystem ever growing. Most likely any arrangement that would need to be reached with either Google or Amazon would require some kind of no compete clause. We will just have to wait and see if 10.3 is SPECIAL, or if BlackBerry just thinks it's special.
    lift and JeepBB like this.
    05-02-14 10:47 AM
    There is no time to Switch to a new OS... because it would need to be customized to allow it meet BlackBerry security levels - It took them two years to get everything to work on the PlayBook OS.

Sure they could just go with WP8 or Android as is, but that would make them just another device "manufacture" (or at least they have them made), and there is no way they can compete a just another hardware OEM. Specs, Brand, Marketing... they can't compete.

Embrace the Android Ecosystem, that is a possibility. But it would most likely kill any chance at the BlackBerry ecosystem ever growing. Most likely any arrangement that would need to be reached with either Google or Amazon would require some kind of no compete clause. We will just have to wait and see if 10.3 is SPECIAL, or if BlackBerry just thinks it's special.
    you know what? instead of bb10, if blackberry released a conventional os8,like qwerty, people inhere would have called it the best OS, and hated full touch, apps, etc. by saying 'huurrr we dont need appes','no front cam?! that;s k, we don't need it','who needs a high speed web browser on phonee? we have laptops' etc etc

whatever blackberry throws, they'll like it. The real stuff starts beyond crackberry.com. and the results-you get to see them quarterly.
    bbq10l likes this.
    05-02-14 10:54 AM
86 123 ...