1. rob_himself's Avatar
    Hi guys, new to this site but impressed so far! This is probably already been asked but looking some advice with regards my upgrade.
    I have been due an upgrade/contract renewal for like 6 months...loved my Storm and been waiting for a storm 3, or the monaco/volt/monza etc but I've read so many rumours and waited so long doesn't seem like its gonna happen any time soon....

    The Bold 9900 looks good but again, probably won't be released for like 6 months :| ......anyway, my question is, should I get a Bold/Torch now, or wait until these new phones are released?

    Thanks in advance!
    06-01-11 05:58 PM
  2. rollingrock1988's Avatar
    People usually just say to wait. I don't think it's going to be another 6 months before new berries are released, but that's just me.

    Wait it out man....
    06-01-11 06:00 PM
  3. RHCE's Avatar
    yeah just wait out save up your money theres going to be some fireworks come august just know this RIM always release there devices in august thats just what they do there pattern
    06-01-11 09:01 PM
  4. CGSCOT's Avatar
    If youve managed to wait 6 months to upgrade so far then definately wait a wee bit longer for the new devices, it'll be worth it.
    06-02-11 11:59 AM
  5. anon(1308230)'s Avatar
    Everyone will disagree with me, but i would consider Getting something like a bold 9780 now; for all we know, the new devices could be a flop ( like the Torch was, after all its hype, or the iPhone 4, with its dropped calls) and just because there's new phones coming doesn't mean the current phones are crap.

    If I've learned anything over the 6 years I've had a blackberry, it's that it's wise to hold out for the second generation of a new model.
    06-02-11 12:24 PM
  6. tkwolf's Avatar
    Everyone will disagree with me, but i would consider Getting something like a bold 9780 now; for all we know, the new devices could be a flop ( like the Torch was, after all its hype, or the iPhone 4, with its dropped calls) and just because there's new phones coming doesn't mean the current phones are crap.

    If I've learned anything over the 6 years I've had a blackberry, it's that it's wise to hold out for the second generation of a new model.
    Yeah this is what i totally do! I don't order new models right away! I NEVER do that! I either wait for the second generation OR wait for reviews to be written on articles or youtube video reviews to pop up. This way, i don't get to waste my money over something that i might regret spending on!
    06-02-11 12:34 PM
  7. gunderscorewil's Avatar
    Everyone will disagree with me, but i would consider Getting something like a bold 9780 now; for all we know, the new devices could be a flop ( like the Torch was, after all its hype, or the iPhone 4, with its dropped calls) and just because there's new phones coming doesn't mean the current phones are crap.

    If I've learned anything over the 6 years I've had a blackberry, it's that it's wise to hold out for the second generation of a new model.
    Or not getting either and waiting. If teh OP waits to get it, it wont cost as much when the new Models arrive. That way if the new models suck the OP can just buy the 9780 then.
    06-02-11 01:26 PM
  8. brucep1's Avatar
    Get a bold cheap on craigslist for now..the bold touch just got pushed back to september
    06-03-11 11:52 AM
  9. ichat's Avatar
    Yo guys summer time is BB hot time! The 9900 will be released most likely in August or July in the summer time. I hope it does and you better save your money because when this guy comes (9900) there is no switching back to iOS and Android............
    Blackberry Themes And News

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 12:06 PM
  10. middbrew's Avatar
    If you are still at least satisfied with your storm and don't mind waiting to upgrade (should be no more than 3 months) I would wait for the new Berries to come out. With the specs of the new devices you would really like the use of the monaco. If you really don't want to wait, as suggested get a 9650 (assuming your with VZW because you are using the Storm) off of eBay or Craigslist to hold you over. CrackBerry also has a market place you might find something to hold you over as well. http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/
    06-03-11 12:53 PM
  11. belfastdispatcher's Avatar
    You can only win by waiting, you either end up with a new generation blackberry or a cheaper existing one.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 02:30 PM
  12. pineypl's Avatar
    .the bold touch just got pushed back to september
    What is your source for this? RIM never gave a release date, so how do you know it "got pushed back"? I am waiting for this unicorn device, but Sept seems to long for me to wait. I am patient but AT&T's choices for me are weak at the moment.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 02:51 PM
  13. brucep1's Avatar
    Yo guys summer time is BB hot time! The 9900 will be released most likely in August or July in the summer time. I hope it does and you better save your money because when this guy comes (9900) there is no switching back to iOS and Android............
    Blackberry Themes And News

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am so confused
    06-03-11 03:28 PM
  14. brucep1's Avatar
    What is your source for this? RIM never gave a release date, so how do you know it "got pushed back"? I am waiting for this unicorn device, but Sept seems to long for me to wait. I am patient but AT&T's choices for me are weak at the moment.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry I was quoting the BGR and Engadget articles. But crackberry's front page says it didn't, but who knows..My experience with RIM has been if you hear 2 release time frames, it's usually the later one.

    But everyone has their own opinions.
    06-03-11 03:29 PM
  15. mustangv8's Avatar
    Hi guys, new to this site but impressed so far! This is probably already been asked but looking some advice with regards my upgrade.
    I have been due an upgrade/contract renewal for like 6 months...loved my Storm and been waiting for a storm 3, or the monaco/volt/monza etc but I've read so many rumours and waited so long doesn't seem like its gonna happen any time soon....

    The Bold 9900 looks good but again, probably won't be released for like 6 months :| ......anyway, my question is, should I get a Bold/Torch now, or wait until these new phones are released?

    Thanks in advance!
    I'm in the same position. I'm stuck with the defective storm and am off contract right now waiting for a new bb to be released. I need a new phone bad, but I'm worried they may get delayed again and released at the end of 2011? Idk I wish I could just give up.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD