I just signed up with verizon, no contract because I honestly don't believe its worth buying any phone right now. Droids are refreshed multiple times, multiple versions. 4g rolling out (in my area at least) so 4g phones will sOon be available more. Blackberry qnx... We can only hope.
    Just don't think any phone is worth buying without regret in a few months. Some nice phones out but I feel like if I use my upgrade ill regret it due to one of the reasons mentioned above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 06:11 PM
    i would hold off for now too. Honestly any phone will probably lose some wow in 4-6 months since the mobile technology is booming right now. But give it a month and it will be much clearer what is coming within the first half of the year.
    12-25-10 06:14 PM
    Well, there will always be a better phone soon after you buy one. Even if you do wait 3-4 months and buy a 4G phone, guess what, a month or two after you buy it a new phone that is better will come out. If you try to keep up with the latest you will always lose.
    12-25-10 07:24 PM
    I agree that there will always be something better out after you buy a current device.

The only time I recommend waiting is if a specific feature you're looking for is imminently coming to devices you might be interested, such as someone living in an LTE market waiting for an LTE capable smartphone.
    12-25-10 07:48 PM
    That is exactly what I was aiming at sandman. I know there will be more 4g phones but I was referring to holding off on the current market and waiting for the future market of more 4g, lte, qnx phones to come out. Those are the specific features most current phones do not have.

12-25-10 09:19 PM
    I am very happy with my 9650 for now but I have my eye on Android later when they hopefully get through all the oooo, aahhhhh, woowwwww stuff & come up with something mature & stable then I will probably jump to that platform at least for a trial.
    12-25-10 09:29 PM
    whats not stable and mature about android now?
    12-25-10 09:32 PM
    I agree. There is already good/solid basic functionality on Android devices, in addition to the ooh/aah/wow stuff.
    12-25-10 10:05 PM
    whats not stable and mature about android now?
    I admit I have only played with 2, a EVO & Epic & the EVO very briefly & the operating just seemed like most google products, very buggy, they have a bad habit of that, not finishing something that looks awesome. I use google mail, reader, chrome as I type this but the only google products I find to be bug free are gmail & chrome.
    I really do want to jump on the google platform for a whirl around the block but after playing with a few I will wait. Its kinda hard to explain but when I play with one of them I get the feeling they just need to slow down & take a deep breath & focus on getting the basics right then experiment, I feel the whole operating system is a experiment, nothing wrong with that, they are coming up with some great ideas far ahead of everyone else, all I am saying I guess is I wish they would slow down & get it right
    12-25-10 10:17 PM
    Had an htc evo and it made me despise android. The widgets are cool but battery was just ... Sad. And I don't know if its htc but it was laggy at random moments. Sending a text and emailing often lagged whether there were apps running or not. With a 1 ghz prossesor it shouldn't happen. All in all the evo was cool but grew tired of it. No email push, flooded market place (3/4 of the apps are vomit), poor updates (2 Os updates in 6 months) hardware is buggy (wifi ranged 10 feet on a replacement) its a good start for Android but I think they are pushing it too hard. They need to slow down and perfect it. How many droids have we had. Plus they all look the same (touch screen androids in general)

12-25-10 10:23 PM
    If the battery can't make it through a day's use with something to spare I can't use it as a phone. The iPhone 4 has good battery life but it's very difficult to type out a long business email on it. When I had mine I used to struggle so much to move the cursor back to the part of a paragraph where I'd made an error, before and word, after a word but never exactly where I wanted it. Also the push email on iPhone lags far behind Blackberry. Maybe though Android, especially the one's with keyboards, can become a viable business option. For me, right now, it's not quite as effective. That said I haven't much experience of the Android set up so I could well be mistaken.
    12-25-10 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD