I'm going on a small trip to the USA this week and I'm looking to replace my old phone, but I'm quite on the fence if I should get the KeyOne Black Edition or not.

On one side, I really want to change my phone as Windows Phones only get deader by the day, ha hah.
    But on the other I fear that I'll be making a really large investment only to see prices fall down and suffer. Even though these discounts probably won't be reflected where I live.

What are your thoughts?
    05-07-18 01:04 PM
    Guess it really comes down what you think the KEYtwo is. If you think it's going to be substantially better, wait. If you think it's just going to an iterative update, then you need to consider the value you get out of a KEYone Black Edition.
    05-07-18 02:19 PM
    1) I don't think the price of the KEYone is going to fall too much.... maybe another $50. At that point they'll just stop making them (if they haven't already). BBMo is tightly controlling inventory.

2) Soon... even if they announced the phone today, some markets won't see it for months. And some signs point to them not launching it until June. At that point, some will be wondering if they should just wait and see what the next one coming "this year" will be.
    05-07-18 02:22 PM
    G'day - I have a KeyOne Black, after trying the original. The extra RAM is useful if you are an intensive user. If you find the original fast enough, then it's not worth switching. In my case, I was suffering enormously from crashing apps (especially google Maps, and given the use case for that app, it could be downright dangerous). So a Black was a good move.
    05-24-18 12:28 AM
    If you can wait 2-3 months, then go for the Key2. BBMO is slow as molasses when it comes to device launches. I'm pretty sure they are delivered by horse and buggy.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-18 08:16 AM
    Guess it really comes down what you think the KEYtwo is. If you think it's going to be substantially better, wait. If you think it's just going to an iterative update, then you need to consider the value you get out of a KEYone Black Edition.
    You tell us, is it going to be so much more?

My priv is about ready to retire and the keyone black looks tempting.
    06-01-18 03:43 PM
    I upgraded from the PRIV to the original KEYone and then to the Black Ltd Edition. So I am pretty much done and happy with mine.
    06-02-18 12:30 PM
    I went through this same decision recently when deciding to upgrade from my PRIV. Weighing price differences, time to work out bugs on a new product, etc. I opted for a KEYone (Limited 4/64 dual SIM) over waiting for the KEYtwo. I'm VERY pleased with my decision, especially to do with the Limited 4/64 version. My PRIV would always run out of the 3GB memory and slow to a crawl even after cleaning up my apps. I've been watching memory usage on my KEYone and it's almost always hovering over 3GB used, so I'm really glad I got 4GB. The 64GB storage is nice too but not as important as the RAM upgrade. You can always stick a micoSD card in for more storage (I put in a 64GB card for a total of 128GB storage which is more than enough for my needs).
    06-05-18 01:51 PM
    I went through this same decision recently when deciding to upgrade from my PRIV. Weighing price differences, time to work out bugs on a new product, etc. I opted for a KEYone (Limited 4/64 dual SIM) over waiting for the KEYtwo. I'm VERY pleased with my decision, especially to do with the Limited 4/64 version. My PRIV would always run out of the 3GB memory and slow to a crawl even after cleaning up my apps. I've been watching memory usage on my KEYone and it's almost always hovering over 3GB used, so I'm really glad I got 4GB. The 64GB storage is nice too but not as important as the RAM upgrade. You can always stick a micoSD card in for more storage (I put in a 64GB card for a total of 128GB storage which is more than enough for my needs).
    So you bought a dual sim KEYone but are not using the 2 sim slots?
    06-05-18 02:17 PM
    So you bought a dual sim KEYone but are not using the 2 sim slots?
    Not at the moment but might need it in the future. Do note the 2nd SIM is also the SD card slot so it's either 2 SIMs with no SD card or 1 SIM with 1 SD cards. Can't have 2 SIMs and an SD card at the same time.
    06-05-18 03:24 PM
    Can't have 2 SIMs and an SD card at the same time.
    I think there are definitely hacks to get both. Not sure how reliable that would be in the real world though. Few tutorials on YouTube I believe.
    06-05-18 05:08 PM
    I think there are definitely hacks to get both. Not sure how reliable that would be in the real world though. Few tutorials on YouTube I believe.
    It's physically not possible. There are only two slots. Slot 1 is for SIM1 and slot two is a combo slot for either SIM2 OR an SD card. No way to physically stuff 3 cards in at once.
    06-05-18 05:29 PM
    I don't know where you think you'll be able to find a keyone for retail in store..... It's difficult to come by without putting in a special store delivery. So I'm not sure how u plan to purchase, but unless the cost is substantially less here for you in the US I wouldn't buy a keyone here as it may not work properly where you are based.

My opinion, if the NA model can work for you AND you can purchase online off ebay or another third party vendor do that post-KEY2 launch June 7.
    06-05-18 09:37 PM
    If you can wait until that date, that is..
    06-05-18 09:40 PM
    I am waiting like OP here for the Black edition to fall in price. Hoping to pick one up more in the $400 range brand new

Posted via CB10
    06-06-18 03:01 PM
    I am waiting like OP here for the Black edition to fall in price. Hoping to pick one up more in the $400 range brand new

Posted via CB10
    Since the KEYone and Motion devices have been made in small quantities, not sure how much price decline you’ll see. BBMo/TCL wants to push brand value and prices upward.
    06-06-18 11:51 PM
    If you wait long enough, prices will drop. But by that point it'll be an old phone.

So it's up to you. What do you want? Plenty of people on here buy phones as soon as they come out, and each iteration of it - that's not what most people do. They either are on a contract and get something new, or purchase outright, where some buy new, and more wait for the price to come down a little.

Personally, I waited 6 months and then got the Black Edition, because I wanted it a bit cheaper, and truly couldn't give a stuff about having the latest cool thing.
    06-07-18 04:40 AM