Hi,
    Like - I belive - many of you I'm a huge fan of BlackBerry devices. Saying BlackBerry devices I mean hardware AND BlackBerry OS. If I was to go for Android I would have plenty of manufacturers to choose from. Anyways, question I wanted to ask is do you think it is still a good idea to invest in buying BlackBerry q20? I use q10, I was thinking of switching to q20 hoping to keep it for years (I grew up from changing phones every now and then and I was hoping I Have found sth I would be able to use for many years). Reading news at Crackberry and reading your posts I start to wonder.
    Would you recommend me to go for it or wait and see (perhaps for sth with a shape and form of good old BlackBerry with a physical keyboard, no sliding mechanism and a trackpad but already with Android)

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:29 PM
    There is no such thing as a Q20. As to the rest of your question, in my opinion if you can get a BB OS10 device cheap enough, then yes but don't expect much other than it being a communications device.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-16-16 01:34 PM
    Isn't Q20 a BlackBerry Classic?
    But according to many posts here one should not expect WhatsUp, now Facebook integration is going to vanish. If most commonly used social apps are going to cease to exist how could one say it's going to be a good comunication device?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:42 PM
    Or by 'comunication device' you mean calls and sms?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 01:44 PM
    Isn't Q20 a BlackBerry Classic?
    I've never heard it called that before. I've always heard Q5, Q10 or classic and yes, expect it to be a basic communication device going forward. Anything more than that will be considered gravy on top.

There are some people working on keeping BB OS10 still relevant but they can only do so much with an aging runtime and lack of native apps.
    03-16-16 01:53 PM
    I would not buy a BlackBerry device now. At least wait until April 1st, that's when BlackBerry announces earnings. Maybe they will say they will get out of hardware completely.

Posted via CB10
    Fatboy40 likes this.
    03-16-16 01:55 PM
    I guess there's a distinction between a basic communications device and a full featured one.

My basic communication needs are, hello?, SMS, Email, BBM and occasionally FB so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.
    idhbar likes this.
    03-16-16 01:58 PM
    It depends on your needs, what do you usually use your device for? Do you use any apps?

I've never heard it called that before. I've always heard Q5, Q10 or classic and yes, expect it to be a basic communication device going forward. Anything more than that will be considered gravy on top.
    Q20 was actually its original name.

BlackBerry Unveils New Flagship BlackBerry 10 Smartphone Designed to Deliver the Full Classic QWERTY Experience -
    03-16-16 03:25 PM
    I guess I should call my Z30 an Aristo then.
    Invictus0 and MC_A_DOT like this.
    03-16-16 03:31 PM
    I've heard it called Q20 also but didn't know why. If you're looking to keep your device for a long time BUT don't need lots of Android apps, I would seriously consider getting the Classic. Since you're considering to keep it for some time, see if you can get your hands, on a Passport and see how it feels.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-16-16 03:46 PM
    Hi,
    Like - I belive - many of you I'm a huge fan of BlackBerry devices. Saying BlackBerry devices I mean hardware AND BlackBerry OS. If I was to go for Android I would have plenty of manufacturers to choose from. Anyways, question I wanted to ask is do you think it is still a good idea to invest in buying BlackBerry q20? I use q10, I was thinking of switching to q20 hoping to keep it for years (I grew up from changing phones every now and then and I was hoping I Have found sth I would be able to use for many years). Reading news at Crackberry and reading your posts I start to wonder.
    Would you recommend me to go for it or wait and see (perhaps for sth with a shape and form of good old BlackBerry with a physical keyboard, no sliding mechanism and a trackpad but already with Android)

Posted via CB10
    You can either buy a new phone and hope for the best, or look at used Classics.

As long as you think about what your needs are in a smartphone, and the cost of the phone, its really up to you to decide if you want a Classic or not. If it was me, I'd get a Passport, new or used.
    But its your money, so you decide.
    03-16-16 03:47 PM
    As to your original question, it highly depends on what you expect from the device.

If you want a compact, solid communications device with a classic BlackBerry appeal, you can of course get the Classic.

Just be aware that the hardware is slow and this won't change for the better with the years to come. Also, developer support is being dropped massively so you could end up just using natively integrated tools like text, calls, e-mail, browser - almost like if you would use a BBOS device now.

So in a few words, if you actively seek this very basic smartphone experience, a Classic might be for you. If you are looking for advanced technology or even just for a forward going platform, then I would look further.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:51 PM
    I hadn't had a chance to take a Passport in my hands, it's hard to say... but Passport is even more expensive and I am affraid of a situation when I invest in such a device when - as said above - it may become a device for basic communication purposes only and with no (useful) apps

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 03:58 PM
    I hadn't had a chance to take a Passport in my hands, it's hard to say... but Passport is even more expensive and I am affraid of a situation when I invest in such a device when - as said above - it may become a device for basic communication purposes only and with no (useful) apps

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion, as with the general state of BB10 right now, it doesn't really matter whether you get the Classic or the Passport. The difference is mainly the form factor which is up to your preference.
    From this perspective, a Classic could even make more sense as you wouldn't loose as much if you don't like it.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 04:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    It just depends on what apps you really need. If you need apps that don't work well on BB10, then don't buy a Classic or a Passport. In that case scenario, get an Android.
    03-16-16 04:21 PM
    I would personally still get a bb10 device. I love my Passport and seriously thinking of buying the SE or another original PP. I wonder how much Passport stock they have left?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-16-16 04:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    The app situation is the same regardless on Q10 or Classic. If you can't handle it on Q10 forget about it on any other BlackBerry except Priv.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    glwerry likes this.
    03-16-16 06:08 PM
    Hi,

Posted via CB10
    There is an old saying

"If you have to ask......"

It's a risk I think, see if you want to take the risk.
    03-16-16 07:14 PM
    I'm willing to pay around 250 to 300 for a Passport, but thats the limit of my risk. I know it will do everything I need up until the point where no first or third party web browsers work sufficiently.
    03-16-16 08:25 PM
    If you are the kind of person who value communication, efficiency and productivity. BlackBerry is for you. I assume you are referring to the Blackberry Passport when you say Q20. If you upgrade for this you will never go wrong. The phone is robust and on par with the iPhone 6 in terms of its specs. The phone is very innovative and futuristic with its mouse like keyboard and the design is totally unique and different. BUT if you want entertainment will different apps and games iOS and Android is for you. And by the way BlackBerry now has the capability to run android apps with its android runtime capability that no other OSes (windows or iOS or Symbian OS) can do

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zacthirdy; 03-16-16 at 09:01 PM.
    03-16-16 08:47 PM
    I'm willing to pay around 250 to 300 for a Passport, but thats the limit of my risk. I know it will do everything I need up until the point where no first or third party web browsers work sufficiently.
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But so far the browser on BlackBerry is quite fast compared to iPhones and Android. #BasedOnMyExperience

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 08:49 PM
    As long as you do not rely much on apps like Facebook, Twitter or any other (we don't know when they will pull the plug), a Classic would suffice as a basic communication device, only for calls, SMS, and emails. Remember for jotting notes.
    03-16-16 09:21 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But so far the browser on BlackBerry is quite fast compared to iPhones and Android. #BasedOnMyExperience

Posted via CB10
    Not anymore. Maybe that was true for some cases and some time ago but Chrome and Safari just perform so much better with Javascript which will become more and more important overtime.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    03-17-16 01:08 AM
    Or by 'comunication device' you mean calls and sms?

Posted via CB10
    I would say, pretty muchs that's right.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:27 AM
    If one still need a blackberry invest on a Z3 or Z10 for just over 100 dollars which is sensible at this very moment given its volatility in the market.

Posted via my favorite Passport
    03-17-16 01:33 AM
79 123 ...