lately been wondering.have to be the worst smartphone user ever.receive emails only from subscription sites like jcpenny.no email or bbm contacts.and as for sms texts,only texts going out are to family.you would think a good positive would been to converse with your wife over the phone but i don't have that either because my wife ditched me.so one can visualize that my monthly smartphone plan usage ends up to nothing.which sucks because i have seen people on here have like 1080 contacts or more on their phones.so they must be sending out texts,bbms,phone calls,emails like typing a long research paper.so this has put me in a position to dump my smartphone and just go use a flip phone or something since i don't use my smartphone to its utmost potential.seems like the cheap flip phone fits my profile of less usage per month.

express your thoughts.
    01-25-12 11:00 PM
    Sign up for Twitter and start following people, news, etc... I lost all my bbm contacts to iphones so I'm with you on that, still a good device to have to shop, listen to music, browse, email, twitter, facebook
    JoyfulHeart35 likes this.
    01-26-12 12:23 AM
    Yup! I'm on twitter you need to find something your interested in and connect with other people who share the same interest as you do.... If you see something interesting or funny take a picture with your BB and upload it to twitter and there are other apps to find bbm people to chat with
    01-26-12 12:34 AM
    Right now the radio stop working in my car which is kinda a bummer but I just use the radio apps from my blackberry
    01-26-12 12:35 AM
    Try web browsing on a flip phone :/
    Wouldn't you have any use for mobile office software, maybe keep a calendar with birthdays and stuff that are easy to forget, or maybe grocery lists or notes, maybe take pictures of anything? Stream any radio stations or look up directions? Get a good piece of ledger software and keeping track of your finances or expenses.
    There's really an awful lot you can do that's probably not occuring to you. Try to think of your smartphone as a very portable little computer.

I have never once in my entire BlackBerry experience used BBM because I don't know anyone carrying one, and I have maybe 20 contacts in my phone book, no real activity thru email. Couldn't imagine keeping my sanity w/o the Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 01:02 AM
    lately been wondering.have to be the worst smartphone user ever.receive emails only from subscription sites like jcpenny.no email or bbm contacts.and as for sms texts,only texts going out are to family.you would think a good positive would been to converse with your wife over the phone but i don't have that either because my wife ditched me.so one can visualize that my monthly smartphone plan usage ends up to nothing.which sucks because i have seen people on here have like 1080 contacts or more on their phones.so they must be sending out texts,bbms,phone calls,emails like typing a long research paper.so this has put me in a position to dump my smartphone and just go use a flip phone or something since i don't use my smartphone to its utmost potential.seems like the cheap flip phone fits my profile of less usage per month.

express your thoughts.

01-26-12 08:29 AM
    Run-onsentencemuch?
    01-26-12 09:57 AM
    That's funny!
    01-26-12 06:54 PM
    I can kind of relate, but I LOVE my BB, so I don't care lol. I don't have many BBM contacts either due to my friends all have Droids or iphones, but that will never keep me from getting a BlackBerry lol.

I did stray once, as I felt I wasn't using the BB to its fullest potential...but I'm back and I'm staying put lol.
    01-26-12 07:47 PM
    It kind of bothered me at first when we had users switching from BB to iPhone when I saw one lady typing on her new iPhone with only one finger. It seemed like a big step down in productivity until I saw her typing on her PC keyboard... With one finger. Now I don't care, get what you think will suit you. BTW, she now leaves her phone in the office on the charger. What a waste...
    01-26-12 08:10 PM
    Not having anyone to BBM/Email/SMS with, doesn't make you the worst smart phone user ever. Not attempting to use proper punctuation does.

BTW, sounds like you need more friends. Search the forums. You'll find members who share their BBM pins. Hit them up for a conversation.
    01-26-12 08:25 PM
    ^this is no english class.you won't get an F here for having long posts. moderators don't correct that. as for searching the forums for bbm pins,i tried that once and the conversation from one person got to a point where that person was asking about personal- like what type of business is my father in.thats when i decided to ditch the contacts that i added from the social forums thread.for now,i won't use bbm unless its my wife. i will only bbm her if she carries a bb. but i do stream radio stations and take pics like many have mentioned. and twitter i got.thanks for the suggestions.and run on sentences are allowed.this is a free country.
    01-26-12 10:58 PM
    Twitter is a great way to use your phone. Pretty much all actors, comedians, singers, news people or agencies have one. It's like nonstop news and entertainment, and a cool way to talk to people with similar interests, or your friends if they have twitter.

I know this isn't an "app" thread, but I mean... to make the most out of MY Bold or Torch, I use:

Pandora Radio (free, awesome)
    BeBerry Weather (free, cool weather icon, updates in background)
    BBM Music (free, a good way to be able to listen to most songs whenever you want)
    BlackBerry Newsfeed (find any news site or blog with an RSS feed..all your news in one place).

And I also play Bejeweled and BrickBreaker and Word Mole. As you can see, I might be the only 24 year old on Earth who doesn't use 234798 apps. Don't revert back to your flip phone. A BlackBerry is just good to have. It's like my 3rd hand.
    01-27-12 01:33 AM
    Hit up the social forum. Send out some bbm invites. I've made some good friends here in crackberry.

Just don't be afraid to delete them if you get to feeling uncomfortable.

Keep things on bbm at first so that ties can be cleanly and completly severed if need be. Don't share your phone number or email address unless/until you are comfortable doing so.

It can be a lot of fun meeting new people
    01-27-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD