I've read a few threads discussing which mobile browser is the best. From what I gather, the general consensus is that BB web-kit browser is pretty good as are the iPhone's and Android's stock browsers (I wouldn't know personally). There also seem to be several 3rd party browsers that people like.

Sadly the stock BB browser for OS5 and down seems to get a poor review. However, compared to the browser on my previous phone it is an awesome browser.

The worst browser I have ever used was on an LG ux700. It was terribly slow even with a 3g connection (completely useless on 1x). It wouldn't remember usernames or passwords and wouldn't even keep me logged in when the box was checked. Customer service called this a "security feature". I wonder how many people bought that excuse. Since it wasn't a smart phone I couldn't download a different one and was stuck with it until it got fried by the car charger.

Gave me the excuse I needed to come back to BlackBerry.

Let's hear about the worst browser that you have ever used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 08:02 AM
    of the current browsers out there on current phones BB is the worst IMO, the web kit is a step up though. Android and apple and windows 7 are all fast and all around better user experience i think. I will be interested to see how the next revision of the webkit with the new OS is though. it might be a winner
    11-21-10 09:10 AM
    Anything on iden network is slooow. But the stock browser on Os5 can be accelerated by turning off Support Javascript (you get a popup if a particular site requires it) and also by setting image resolution to low or turning it off. Speeds things up noticeably.

11-21-10 09:15 AM
    Worst stock browser - BlackBerry (and yes that includes OS6 with Webkit)

Worst 3rd party browser
    - uZard followed very very closely by Opera Mini
    11-21-10 09:18 AM
    Worst stock browser- BB
    Worst 3rd party app browser- Bolt
    11-21-10 09:31 AM
    Worst stock browser- BB
    Worst 3rd party app browser- Bolt
    I concur with the above.
    11-21-10 09:36 AM
    The uZard browser was so bad it did not even last for 2 hours before I deleted it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    11-21-10 10:02 AM
    The new BB webkit isnt too bad compared to 5.0.

The worst browser I've used was Bolt.
    11-21-10 10:22 AM
    The uZard browser was so bad it did not even last for 2 hours before I deleted it.
    I hear you and if I had been smarter I'd have done the same but nooooo! I kept
    trying to like that POS for 3 days
    11-21-10 11:05 AM
    Worst mobile browser - Blackberry Browser. Even with the webkit one on my 9700
    with the OS6 leak

3rd party - Opera Mini and Bolt neck and neck. Never knew anything about this
    "uZard" browser. I guess I should be thankful for that.
    11-21-10 12:58 PM
    Worst stock browser - stock BB browser

Worst 3rd party browser - uZard tied with Opera Mini
    11-21-10 01:02 PM
    Stock: IE of WM 5/6.5; BB Browser

3rd Party: Opera Mini (as much as I used it on my storm).
    11-21-10 01:21 PM
    Lol, those who say the worst stock browser is BB obviously never tried the Sidekick browser. I think that should count for this poll even thouvh Sidekicks are discontinued just because there are many still in the wild, and the last one was just released last year. They NEVER improved those browsers through the years.
    11-21-10 02:39 PM
    I deleted the old uZard within a day of downloading it. Now that the 9650 version is out, it's actually worth keeping IMO. When CB or other sites have live blogs, there's no other browser that updates in near real time.

Worst browser I've used was on a sidekick. Blackberry's stock browser is eons ahead of the sidekick browser.

Worst 3rd party browser, the 9000 version of uZard.
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 11-21-10 at 02:50 PM.
    11-21-10 02:47 PM
    The native OS 5 BB browser may be not the best current smartphone browser, but it's still WAY better than most of the not-so-smartphone browsers.
    11-21-10 02:49 PM
    I'll go with that point. I totally disliked wap when I had it briefly.
    11-21-10 02:57 PM
    The native OS 5 BB browser may be not the best current smartphone browser, but it's still WAY better than most of the not-so-smartphone browsers.
    This is my experience exactly. For something that was sold as an "internet phone" the browser on the LG ux700 left a LOT to be desired. Whenever I get frustrated with the BB browser i just have to think back and suddenly I'm not so frustrated anymore.

11-21-10 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD