So first, sorry if i post this in the wrong section, mods please move if it is wrong....

SO today i come into my location and i see someone standing infront of my Kiosk.... I walk up "hi sir can i help you?" the person introduced himself as our blackberry rep and asked if he could have my card to email me some stuff. I say sure no problem and, since im a crackberry addict, i decided to see if i could get any info out of him (who wouldnt?!). so first i told him that i understood if he is not able to disclose some things, just asked him to say if he cannot answer a question.

He told me that there was a new blackberry that was coming out for us. I said yeah i know, the Niagara. "the what?" "The Niagara..... 9630....." "oh yeah, i have heard someone mention that in another store... to be honest i dont know anything about it.... the one you are getting... its kind of a cross between the Curve and the Bold." I just stared blankly at him.

Then he asked me if i had heard about the App Store. Still annoyed about the Niagara, i responded "yes the app store is for the Iphone, However, i think you may be talking about app world, since we are in a Verizon Wireless store. And yes, App world is coming out on the first." He kind of gave me a half smile... I handed him my card and said "have a nice day"

To be fair, his card did say marketstar on it so he wasnt actually employeed by RIM... But still, if you are introducing yourself as a "blackberry rep" you should at least know what you are talking about, at least enough to maintain a conversation about your product. I decided not to bother asking what OS he was running on his storm, in fear he would say .65.
    03-27-09 06:46 PM
    wow no replies? i guess maybe im just holding people to too high of a standard maybe?
    03-27-09 07:15 PM
    Dude, we prolly know more than most of the BB reps/CSR's lmao

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD