As a frequent traveler I constantly try to cut out unneeded devices. Getting rid of my old bricklike mp3 player was one leading reason I bought the 8300.

Now I'm having an internal struggle about getting a small mp3 player for workouts. The major problem is that I have to hold the BB in my hand or put it in my pocket during my workout because there aren't any suitable arm bands. I only found two models:

1) 1 made by Krussel: Requires a normal Krussel case to be clipped in. Come on guys, I'm not strapping my BB into your nice leather cases with flimsy buckles designed for the hip of an executive. The BB would last about 5 minutes before falling out.

2) The second is a generic armband that an ebay store is pitching for BB users. It's for BB's and "Other Compatible models:Big PDA phones." The closeup shows a low grade neoprene buckle that looks flimsier than the OEM case.

Anyone else have issues using the curve for workouts?
    11-18-07 01:23 PM
    This might not help, but I use the motorola s9's when working out. They're bluetooth headphones and work 20+ feet away. This might not help if running outdoors but at a gym they're great. You can walk around wirelessly, control your music, and still answer phones calls(they have a hidden mic). So I suggest you try them out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-07 01:30 PM
    Does no one with a blackberry workout!?!?! lol, i'm having this same question and the only threads I find related to this have hundreds of views and one response that doesn't really answer anything....there has to be someone out there with a suggestion for a good case to use when running, etc...
    06-21-08 07:36 PM
    i would suggest a small mp3 player, i have an iPod shuffle that works great. It was like $50, granted you can't see the screen, or get a lot of music on it, but it does good for runs and stuff.
    Although, I still have yet to find something that I can wear while doing gymnastics. Dang.
    06-21-08 07:56 PM
    I keep my phone in the car when I run
    06-21-08 08:03 PM
    Ipod user here.

06-21-08 09:02 PM
    Put the curve down and focus.
    06-21-08 09:05 PM
    This is the case for you and work outs. I seen this product at a trade show for runners and it looks great. I haven't used it but it was designed by a runner for runners , bikers, exercisers etc....

Its called the spibelt. Its an expandable pouch that you can stick your gadgets in when running or exercise.It expands to twice its size when needed and conforms to what ever is in it. The guy at the display had a video ipod, pda,money clip , keys and pen in this thing. I couldn't believe how small it was. I asked if it was waterproof and he stated that they are working on a waterproof model right now. they also have a reflective model out which looks great for night running.

they also have an arm band model now that looks great. Its advertised to hold ipod , keys , gu any small mp3 player.I am sure it will fit your curve.

I don't work for them I just want one!

www.spibelt.com
    Last edited by tritan; 06-21-08 at 09:49 PM.
    06-21-08 09:47 PM
    thanks for the responses! and the hot pics lol
    06-27-08 01:35 AM
    Anyone else have issues using the curve for workouts?
    Hahaha, perhaps a better first up question in a forum full of technology geeks (come on admit it everyone!) is "Does anyone actually workout?"

But there's some nice suggestions here so great question, I always just use my iPod when exercising & leave my BB behind.

Now that we can sync iTunes to BB I intend to start using my BB only where I'd previously carried both. It will be nice to know I can call a taxi (or an ambulance) when I break down half way through my run
    06-27-08 06:10 AM
    Tritan, I want to thank you for that. I want either the band or the belt, not sure yet. I am leaning more towards the belt, because I already have an armband for my ipod, that I am going to start using when I start running again next week !
    06-27-08 06:33 AM
    Hahaha, perhaps a better first up question in a forum full of technology geeks (come on admit it everyone!) is "Does anyone actually workout?"

But there's some nice suggestions here so great question, I always just use my iPod when exercising & leave my BB behind.

Now that we can sync iTunes to BB I intend to start using my BB only where I'd previously carried both. It will be nice to know I can call a taxi (or an ambulance) when I break down half way through my run
    could sync itunes, engadget reporting they pulled the download.
    06-30-08 09:52 PM
    Tritan, I want to thank you for that. I want either the band or the belt, not sure yet. I am leaning more towards the belt, because I already have an armband for my ipod, that I am going to start using when I start running again next week !

I run 6 plus miles a week and leave the phone at home right now. but want one of these after seeing it in person.

I emailed the company and they will have a water resistant model this summer. They wouldn't give me a date .I might just get one now and then get the water resistance one later.
    06-30-08 09:54 PM
    I work out everyday but would NOT use my curve for it. With the chance of it dropping, etc...no way!

Sorry no help, lol.

06-30-08 09:56 PM
    Did you ever get the belt and what was your experience with it?
    02-18-09 11:21 AM
    I run and cycle, and am using my 8900 with s9's. Dicks Sporting goods sells a cycling jersey that I'm using for running. There is a zip up cell pouch in the back of the jersey. They come in yellow and white or blue and white, pretty generic, and don't look like the loud cycling jerseys you might see cyclist wearing. You might check that out.
    02-18-09 11:53 AM
    I haven't gotten it i am waiting for a water resistant model to come out that they stated would be out in 08 but I still haven't seen it. I will email them again. I really like the product.
    02-20-09 06:41 PM
    Just a thought, won't the belt pouch move around as your are running. I had that problem when I used to run with a belt pouch and it got annoying after a while. After that I started using an arm strap.
    02-20-09 06:50 PM
    Just a thought, won't the belt pouch move around as your are running. I had that problem when I used to run with a belt pouch and it got annoying after a while. After that I started using an arm strap.
    from seeing it in person I don't believe so it fits eally tight to the body but only experience running will tell me other wise. I hope to pick one up this spring if the vendor is at the running show this year. I will update the post if I get it. I think it also will depend on how much stuff you put in it.
    02-20-09 06:55 PM
    I haven't gotten it i am waiting for a water resistant model to come out that they stated would be out in 08 but I still haven't seen it. I will email them again. I really like the product.

Make your own. Get a can of water proofing spray and spray the inside and the outside of the belt or armband. For added protection, slip the device of choice into a sandwich bag. I use an old nylon fanny pack I use when riding my bike and have silicon sprayed it inside and out. I have my BT that I have clipped to my glasses, and the phone is in a ziplock bag (in case it rains). It's fairly water repellant/resistant, but it will of course not stand up to a dunking in a pool. But the ziplock bag should help long enough for me to climb out of a pool or pubble of water big enough to swallow me and my bike.

From the look of the spibelts, they are just a mini version of a fanny pack. In any case, if I were to buy a water resistant one, I'd still put the phone in a self sealing plastic bag of some sort. Too easy to get soaked here in the Seattle area.
    02-20-09 07:09 PM
    The SPIbelt looks like a winner. I log a lot of miles running and don't have the option of leaving my phone at home or in the truck as I live in the boonies and safety is always a concern.

I use my Ipod shuffle for running so just need a safe way to carry my Curve and not damage it, lol. Armband looks great but so does the pouch. They claim it doesn't bounce or ride up but I wonder how true that is, LOL. Not a horrible price for a ready made option.
    03-23-09 08:49 AM
    I would like to know as well.
    03-23-09 11:39 AM
    I would like to know as well.
    If not, I'm going to order one. If I hate it, my kids can have it, LOL. Will update this thread with my opinions once I get it and give it a go

ETA: just found 15 % for ordering on https://store.spibelt.com - code is US15
    Worked for me and I save $3
    Last edited by ShepVet; 03-23-09 at 11:56 AM.
    03-23-09 11:44 AM
    i made my own clip that clips on my shirt collar works wonders.
    03-23-09 12:44 PM
    Anyone use a stereo headset with their curve? If so good or bad?
    03-23-09 12:56 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD