I have seen a couple of ads where the Z10 cab get two different profiles, which is 'work' and 'personal'. I have searched everywhere for how I can get it, but no solution. Can someone please help me!?!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 04:19 PM
    I have seen a couple of ads where the Z10 cab get two different profiles, which is 'work' and 'personal'. I have searched everywhere for how I can get it, but no solution. Can someone please help me!?!

Posted via CB10
    Your BlackBerry needs to be enrolled in BES 10.
    PCClone likes this.
    04-04-13 04:39 PM
    Yup. The feature is BlackBerry Balance, which lets BES users separate work and personal items on one device.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:07 PM
    How do I enroll it in BES 10?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:34 PM
    If your Z10 is a personal device, then you'll need to get a hosted BES account. I have mine through exchangemymail.com

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:58 PM
    If you work for a company that has BlackBerry work devices then your company IT person / department has to set it up

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 07:33 AM
    Yup. The feature is BlackBerry Balance, which lets BES users separate work and personal items on one device.

Posted via CB10
    I have BlackBerry Balance enabled on my BlackBerry Z10. Let me say it provides exceptionally weak segregation of 'personal' and 'work'. The Contacts application intermingles personal and work entries and every other application seems to suffer from the same lack of true separation of data. The only thing BlackBerry Balance does in its present form is prevent the Work partition from accessing the media card. BlackBerry has lots of work to do before BlackBerry Balance lives up to the marketing claims.
    04-05-13 08:38 AM
    I have BlackBerry Balance enabled on my BlackBerry Z10. Let me say it provides exceptionally weak segregation of 'personal' and 'work'. The Contacts application intermingles personal and work entries and every other application seems to suffer from the same lack of true separation of data. The only thing BlackBerry Balance does in its present form is prevent the Work partition from accessing the media card. BlackBerry has lots of work to do before BlackBerry Balance lives up to the marketing claims.
    BB Balance does exactly what it says it does. The only time the work items are "intermingled" with the personal stuff is when the Work side is unlocked. If the Work side of the device is password protected and locked then the contacts, calendar and email do not show up until the person unlocks them. Having one view of the calendar, contacts and mail is quite useful for me and I am sure the rest of us.

If you want to view only your personal contacts or calendar you can always view just those too through the menu filters.
    04-05-13 08:55 AM