Are there any ways around my work disabling sms text? I've tried downloading a couple of apps from app world, but they don't really work. Any ideas?!
    07-28-09 02:57 PM
    Befriend someone in IT, or use the camera to capture something incriminating and go with good old blackmail.
    07-28-09 03:14 PM
    it's strange - because I can still RECEIVE texts, just can't reply back. HELP!!!!
    07-28-09 03:14 PM
    There are many websites available that let you SMS from them. Each carrier should have a link on their website.

The other option is to e-mail the SMS. Most carriers have an e-mail address for each phone number (something like ##########@carrier'sname.net). By using the e-mail option, you should be able to SMS people.
    07-28-09 03:56 PM
    I'm a little surprised that they only disabled send and not receive. Unless you are 100% sure this is policy you may want to check that something isn't off after your activation. Otherwise you are pretty much out of luck.
    07-28-09 04:02 PM
    it's strange - because I can still RECEIVE texts, just can't reply back. HELP!!!!
    maybe they didn't get to disabling that just yet.
    07-28-09 04:13 PM
    Can you still use BBM?
    07-28-09 05:05 PM
    You're lucky. My dad can't send or receive texts. It's hogwash.

You can prob receive because it's free to the company. You should get Google Voice app for BB and send texts from that. It's free and totally unlimited.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 05:46 PM
    Are there any ways around my work disabling sms text? I've tried downloading a couple of apps from app world, but they don't really work. Any ideas?!
    You can buy your own phone and stop looking for ways to circumvent your company's policy. If they don't have a text plan for their Blackberries, they are probably getting some seriously large phone bills.

I'm not trying to be an azz, but if it's a company issued device, it's not your phone.......
    07-28-09 05:50 PM
    Even if there was a way around it, violating or circumventing your companies IT policy is probably grounds for termination.
    07-28-09 06:05 PM
    Ya I agree, be happy you aren't paying your own phone bill. If you want control of your device, buy your own.
    07-28-09 06:09 PM
    Even if there was a way around it, violating or circumventing your companies IT policy is probably grounds for termination.
    I was thinking the same thing, this isn't the economy you want to be hunting a new job in over text messages.
    07-28-09 06:11 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, this isn't the economy you want to be hunting a new job in over text messages.
    That's for sure. I'm glad I have a few friends in the IT dept including the IT VP. I have my own Bold on the company BES and they don't block me from doing anything.
    07-28-09 06:37 PM
    thank you - all very fair comments! (and no, the BBM is the exact same problem).

I guess I just don't know why they would do that - the policy doesn't explain it at all. We've had it in the past and they just disabled it. Oh well - I think it's time to give up!
    07-28-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD