I have now had my Z10 since day 1 of the release. I absolutely love it!!! I am in the design and advertising industry and think that Blackberry could use a little help right now. What if we all find 6 people and did a sales job of the power of the device. I have shown many people that own the phone the power of the keyboard and they are amazed! Do you think this will help keep this company alive?
    The Aficionado likes this.
    08-31-13 10:10 PM
    Well a friend of mine surprised me today with the purchase of a Z10. We were connected on BBM and video chatting in no time flat. Coming from a Samsung I believe. It's a start. Not sure I can find 5 more any time soon but my efforts continue.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 10:14 PM
    Do you think this will help keep this company alive?
    No it will not, as BlackBerry's problems go way beyond what a group of "volunteer salespeople" can fix. The company will succeed or fail and the evangelizing efforts of it's fans will have no material impact on either outcome.
    Poirots Progeny and TgeekB like this.
    08-31-13 10:39 PM
    No it will not, as BlackBerry's problems go way beyond what a group of "volunteer salespeople" can fix. The company will succeed or fail and the evangelizing efforts of it's fans will have no material impact on either outcome.
    Well golly gee, all the staff here are volunteers. Should they go home too?

Tone down the negativity a bit, can you?

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-31-13 10:57 PM
    Word of mouth is essential to adding to the BB10 awareness. Every little bit counts. I have influenced 2 people to get the Z10 and guess what, it was no sweat off my skin.
    08-31-13 11:07 PM

What? It was an honest answer to an honest question. I agree that if BB succeeds it's not going to be because of people telling their friends.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    08-31-13 11:13 PM
    Do you think this will help keep this company alive?
    Nope, for every person that praise BB, you have 5 that's quick to point out the negative qualities of the products / company.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    08-31-13 11:16 PM
    Well, based on what the naysayers have to say we are all stuck with iOS and Android forever. Wow, that's the scariest thing I have ever heard.

Ricocan
    08-31-13 11:24 PM

At CrackBerry? Most are employed by Mobile Nations, if I'm not mistaken...

BlackBerry needs to sell devices, but also change the way people perceive their brand as a whole...which is a lot harder to do than sell devices. You have to change the way people think. People are skeptical of BlackBerry, and they should be screaming "We've changed!" "No more battery pulls!" "No more black spinning clock!"

I don't need any convincing. Most people on these forums don't. It's the millions of others who need to be beat over the head with the fact that BlackBerry 10 is nothing like whatever old BlackBerry they used years ago.
    08-31-13 11:29 PM
    Well, based on what the naysayers have to say we are all stuck with iOS and Android forever. Wow, that's the scariest thing I have ever heard.

Ricocan
    I doubt it. Ubuntu, tizen, and Firefox are potential options.

08-31-13 11:34 PM
    At CrackBerry? Most are employed by Mobile Nations, if I'm not mistaken...
    Sorry, I meant the forum staff.

08-31-13 11:38 PM
    Long live BB!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    09-01-13 02:42 AM
    I have not had one problem with my phone, so of course I'd recommend a Z10 to anybody.

Z10 via CB 10
    09-01-13 03:32 AM
    Oh the horror!! I used the word "NO" not once but twice....WTF are you babbling about? THAT was far from a negative comment.
    09-01-13 06:53 AM

It's not negativity, it's reality.
    09-01-13 07:19 AM
    My nephew is an IT guy for a Fortune 500 company and has been an IPhone user for years. He now has a new Z10 on order. My niece has a new Z10 on order as well. I talk my Z10 up every chance I get. This phone is incredible and if you are in business it is the only way to go to really get things done efficiently. Remote access, file management and so much more. My Z10 rocks!

Posted via CB10
    canuckvoip likes this.
    09-01-13 07:40 AM
    Word of mouth is essential, social networking is a powerful tool as well, I agree that yes Blackberry will ultimately seal their own fate, live or die.... however without people like us, evangelizing our lil buts off this brand will disappear. People have no clue how powerful and yes very cool BB10 is. And what a quantum leap this platform is from OS7.1 we may not be able to completely turn things around but we can sure make a difference.....

Posted by a Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2 .0.1443
    09-01-13 08:21 AM
    Word of mouth is a good way of spreading the word about the BB10 phones, but BlackBerry as a company needs to do its part to get its message out to the public in an effective way. They need to consistently emphases what is good and unique about the BB brand and give the general public a reason to buy their phone. Until they start doing that, the word of mouth of a few enthusiasts will not be a huge benefit to them in the overall scheme of things.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-01-13 08:57 AM
    I think that some of the best good we can do for the company is to be proud to carry the device and use it with openly.

I am always very openly using the phone. Not surprisingly, I have the greatest influence when I am sitting on a plane swiping through screens, and enjoying my email, apps, and movies.

The sheer speed and elegance of the interface gets the people next to me (who are also stuck on the plane and stuck watching me) to ask "hey, how do you like that thing?"

To which I always answer, "well, to me this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I do a lot of communicating, texting, etc". Then I always add, "I tried the iPhone and androids and I could never type on them worth a damm. Don't believe everything you read or hear. It's worth a try..."

:-)

Course, none of this is going to save the company. Probably the best that volunteers could do would be to make their own viral videos about the device (people with talent) and try to get it out there via social media.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 09:08 AM
    The difficult part here is some iPhones and android user invested too much with the apps. Just like they were going back to scratch if they jump into another platform.

Shown my zed to my brother who is an ifan. He was so amazed how to type the words with another languages showing up besides english. And erasing it with panache.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 05:05 PM
    So far I've got one buddy to get a Z10 with both my parents picking up Q5's this week. Word of mouth can accomplish quite a bit but not enough as we would hope for buy I'll keep doing my part

Posted from my Z10
    09-01-13 05:20 PM
    I doubt it. Ubuntu, tizen, and Firefox are potential options.

Well then HTML5 better get it together faster than it has.
    09-01-13 09:36 PM
    The difficult part here is some iPhones and android user invested too much with the apps. Just like they were going back to scratch if they jump into another platform.

Shown my zed to my brother who is an ifan. He was so amazed how to type the words with another languages showing up besides english. And erasing it with panache.

Posted via CB10
    Teach him how to pirate, I mean side load.

Posted via CB10. Khalistan Zindabad
    09-02-13 01:11 AM
    Nope, for every person that praise BB, you have 5 that's quick to point out the negative qualities of the products / company.

Those negative points are what is keeping people from embracing BlackBerry 10.
    I can not recommend these devices to anyone while it misses basic features

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-02-13 02:21 AM
    I've had mine three days and haven't put the dam thing down. I've even woke up from a nap with it in my hand. :-0

Posted via CB10
    Alfredofid likes this.
    09-02-13 01:08 PM
27 12