so I have a blackberry pearl 8100
    I've had it for a few days and I've figured out most of it
    the problem somes when i'm texting. I mostly text pretty fast but it takes a while for the screen to catch up with what i've typed and then not all the letters show or it just looks like gibberish.
    but then when I go to the memo and type in something there its working perfectly fine.
    what do I do to fix this problem?
    07-16-09 08:37 PM
    I have this problem too, mostly with bbm. Does anybody have an answer or a fix?
    When mine does it I always check to make sure no other apps are running so that's not the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 11:05 PM
    The sure type learns words that you commonly use through your email, MMS, and SMS messages. So if you use shorthand there it will replicate back when your are typing in your BBM. I have this issue with my storm in suretype as well. I started typing correctly in those areas and my BBM typing slowly came back around to where it should be. Once in a while it will still throw an odd gibberish looking word in the mix when the correctly spelled word is the second one in the list. Hope this helps.
    07-16-09 11:17 PM
    i don't use the suretype
    07-16-09 11:22 PM
    Do you have your key rate set to fast? Options>Screen/Keyboard> Key Rate>Fast

I found that the normal keyrate was too slow after a while, once I got used to the keyboard.

07-16-09 11:23 PM
    i don't use the suretype
    Then what are you using with your peal? To the best of my knowledge that was your only option with that keyboard layout.
    07-16-09 11:24 PM
    Ok, another thought came to mind, are you clearing your BBM histories? If you keep a lot of convos, it will seriously cause key lag in fairly short order. If you need to keep you convos, e-mail them to an e-mail box where they will be easier to file. Or, if you download BBNotepad, you can copy and paste the stored convos to your media card.

07-16-09 11:36 PM
    Gdstang, the poster may be using the multitap option to type.

07-16-09 11:40 PM
    Gdstang, the poster may be using the multitap option to type.

Then that would explain why typing is so slow.
    07-16-09 11:41 PM
    Sounded like key lag from being clogged up. Seriously, even my Curve will lag if I don't clear history at a reasonable interval.

07-16-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks BK! You are always coming to my rescue! I dont have a pearl GT I was just bumping the op's thread & I happened to have the same trouble occasionally w/ my bbm. Thanks to you too though!

07-17-09 12:03 AM
    My 8330 lags on BBM fairly consistently. It really slows down when I start typing a sentence. I use a few different messenger apps- msn, gtalk, and yahoo n on my bb. 2 of those 3 are signed in and running pretty much whenever my phone is on, along with BBM running in the background. I use all of the messenger services fairly regularly, but BBM is the only one that seems to lag and not be able to keep up with what i'm typing. I took BK's advice and just adjusted the key rate to fast. Haven't tried it yet, but hope it helps.. Why do you think it only happens with BBM? Do you think its because the BBM program is just older?

I'm really looking forward to the new BBM!

Thanks for all the good info!!
    07-17-09 12:30 AM
    I think he's right about it getting bogged down with too much info. I just erased all the bbm's from earlier today. So far so good! All hail the Berger King!

07-17-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD