I am having issues using wifi at home, I've set it up, it is connected, but using browser wont actually work, it just stops loading stating unable to find requested server. it is set to hotspot browser in settings so it isnt that.

Im also having problems downloading app world, i connect blackberry, try to dl to comp but get message that device doesnt meet requirements, even though it clearly does.

I have the latest software, even downgraded it incase there was an issue with the update. I am out of ideas. I dont use the email on it so i cannot get the link to dl app world that way, even if i did, wifi wont work!

I Don't have a data plan, but others are using wifi without it?... and what is UMA? Thanks
    05-17-09 10:24 AM
    Is your Wifi icon grayed out or a white???

UMA is calling over the Wifi, but those calls usually still count against your calling plans minutes... however, some cell phone carriers do not support UMA calling, like AT&T... I don't know if Vodafone supports this.
    05-17-09 10:35 AM
    Is your Wifi icon grayed out or a white???

UMA is calling over the Wifi, but those calls usually still count against your calling plans minutes... however, some cell phone carriers do not support UMA calling, like AT&T... I don't know if Vodafone supports this.
    Oh ok was just wondering.

And it is kind of faded grey. In the connections menu there is a white dash next to it instead of the green tick like moblie network...

Im dying to get this working, thanks for replying...
    05-17-09 10:40 AM
    Oh ok was just wondering.

And it is kind of faded grey. In the connections menu there is a white dash next to it instead of the green tick like moblie network...

Im dying to get this working, thanks for replying...
    The faded grey Wifi icon and white dash mean it's really not connected... try presetting your home router... unplug the power cord for about 20 seconds, then plug it back in and give it a minute or two to boot up... you might want to do a battery pull on your Blackberry as well... leave it powered up, remove the battery, leave it out 20 seconds also, then put it back in and wait for it to boot up (that usually takes 2-3 minutes).
    05-17-09 10:57 AM
    Thank you, i feel stupid as i was trying pinging, router settings etc. simple common sense worked. appreciate it.
    05-17-09 11:59 AM
    Glad I could help!!!
    05-17-09 12:03 PM
    ive tryed this, yet my wifi sign remains grey :/
    08-14-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD