and people wonder why sprint is going under.
    Not because of me. Just cus your wrong and can't admit it don't get testy. I'm sorry but this is how it is at sprint and some other carriers. And even with verizon you can get it the same way. But making ignorant comments is not gonna answer or help you case any. What I don't understand is that you don't realize that data plans aren't set by the carriers they are set by RIM. RIM designs a data plan for a carrier, then gives the rights to the plan to the carrier.
    Last edited by CappinHoff; 04-13-08 at 03:59 PM.
    04-13-08 03:56 PM
    The problem is Verizon restricts way too much!
    04-13-08 03:56 PM
    Go read what I wrote. I'm. Not testy no where on sprints spage does it say excludes bb from the 59 plan I posted.

Again forcing someone in your case spend 600 more a year is your solution. Again clar cut how awful sprint cs is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 04:03 PM
    Hmm, I pay for the data plan and another $5.99/mo for text msg. Now I am wondering if text should be included in the data plan, do you know?

Thank you.

04-13-08 04:09 PM
    w/ tmo my data plan & txt are seperate.

20 for unlimited data

10 for unlimited txt

i wish it was inlcuded in my 20 bucks

i left sprint years ago, they have the worst customer service in history and their billing system is a pure nightmare....... i've had to call every month for 2yrs to have the same error fixed every single month.

verizon is to high and restrictive. tmo & att are the best imo
    04-13-08 04:16 PM
    According to the op someone owes you a refund. But I doubt the op knows what he is talking about since you can be in a 1x area get sms but zero data.

I would really take this with a grain of salt. But then again if he is right someone owes you a refund

04-13-08 04:23 PM
    Go read what I wrote. I'm. Not testy no where on sprints spage does it say excludes bb from the 59 plan I posted.

Again forcing someone in your case spend 600 more a year is your solution. Again clar cut how awful sprint cs is

That isn't my solution, you must have some kind of brain malfuntion that adds words and phrases to things. the 39.99 plan is only data which includes texting, the 99.99 includes everything. Again for the 4TH time, NOT ALL CARRIERS HAVE THIS OPTION SOME DO BUT NOT ALL. Maybe the bigger letters you can read. Also i've never seen a carrier give the full list of details on a plan on a website. You have to call in and ask. I know verizon doesn't do this either. All carriers give a simple description of plans.

Can someone lock this thread before it gets out of hand.
    04-13-08 04:25 PM
    Go read you first post then you flip a story they should pay 99 a month to rectify their problem. Should I start using caps lock so you understand??

Your company offers unlimited txt if that plan suited me what is stopping me form buying a berry a moto phone etc just for a full keyboard. NOTHING.

Now stop flipping stories you really act like a sprint cs

04-13-08 04:36 PM
    Go read you first post then you flip a story they should pay 99 a month to rectify their problem. Should I start using caps lock so you understand??

Your company offers unlimited txt if that plan suited me what is stopping me form buying a berry a moto phone etc just for a full keyboard. NOTHING.

Now stop flipping stories you really act like a sprint cs

Okay here is my first post on this thread

I have a question that I want to ask people.

Why spend the money on something that you just want to text on?

I've taken calls were people are having issues with texting, I know this is a common issue. I look at there account and notice no BB data plan. I tell them this and they tell me that they have been texting before. I go back to there account and look at the notes. The previous rep provisioned them for texting. Basically they add the data plan/save then remove the data plan/save. This will provision the BB with texting until the battery is pulled or the signal gets lost. I explain this to the customer, and there okay with that and want it done again. i explain that it can't be done anymore due to the new simply everything plans don't allow provisioning like this. They get mad and hangup. They call back and get another rep. That rep tells them the same thing that I did. They hangup, and call back. For some reason I get them again. I explain to them that in order for the BB to work and be worth the money spent on it you need to get the data plan. Then after 20 or so minutes waiting for them to decide they refuse and want to be reimburst for no texting.

Some customers get the data plan and are excited at what they get. Others don't and get angry cus they spent hundreds of dollars on a device they don't need. I hear well I don't want all the extra stuff, I just want to text. Honestly if you don't know what a blakcberry is or what it entails to own and operate one DON'T BUY ONE. It makes no sense to buy one just for texting. So if you have a BB with no data plan and wondering why you can't txt, well you have wasted your money and the time of people that you want to fix it for you. If you refuse the data plan and think your gonna get texting well good luck, go buy a flip phone.

Hope this didn't offend anyone. This is coming from a onwer/user of a BB, and a CS rep trying to help people out.
    Now after that post I never said that to solve there problem is to get a 99.99 plan. Any plan will work. The 39.99, 49.99, 69.99, or the 99.99 will work. I said again any plan will solve there issue. Plus i used the 99.99 as an example never once said it will solve there issue.

As for the cs comments, I laugh at them because there only coming from someone that is simple minded.
    Last edited by CappinHoff; 04-13-08 at 04:47 PM.
    04-13-08 04:44 PM
    Wabbit, I really don't understand the problem you're having with this. He's saying that RIM doesn't want you to have a BB without a data plan. Some carriers makes you get a data plan to use a Berry (with the exception of calling, I'm assuming) before texting can be unlocked. Because a Berry was built to be a data device, many times texting is locked until you put a data plan on.

How hard is that to understand? I'm really confused why you're so angry at the OP for stating that their phone isn't working BECAUSE no data plan.
    04-13-08 04:47 PM
    I'm just pointing out flaws in his argument.

04-13-08 05:20 PM
    I'm just pointing out flaws in his argument.

There aren't really any flaws that I've seen.
    His basic complaint seems to be that there are people who choose a phone without researching its capabilities on a certain network.
    The Simply Everything plan is only an example he used, and there are many tiers to that plan.
    Sprint/Nextel Blackberries are different in that the MMS/SMS doesn't work off of the voice data, but rather off of the data provided by a data plan.
    Blackberries rely on service books, which are basically files that tell the Blackberry what it can do and how to do what it can do.
    These files on Sprint/Nextel are brought down by the network during a process called provisioning.
    On the Nextel side you'd do a Master Radio Reset and a Register Now operation to get these files, on the Sprint side you do a process called Start Provisioning to achieve the same effect.
    The MMS/SMS will not work without these files.
    So, in essence, the Original Poster is 100% correct in stating that you need a Blackberry Data Plan to do text messaging.
    This occurs regardless of whether you believe it to be why "Sprint is going down" or failing, and regardless of whether you feel it's the right amount of money a person should have to spend.
    The Original Poster is not in control of these policies and limitations, but merely has to deal with people like yourself who have a hard time grasping reality and the limitations thereof; especially as these limitations apply to you and your desires.
    04-13-08 06:49 PM
    my vz phone was 109 month 2 lines, 30 for bis, .20cents per txt msg. you are wrong. i have bills to show this. i never took a txt plan and its pay as you go.
    I have unlimited text messaging and didn't ask for it, because I rarely use it. It's just part of the plan.
    04-14-08 09:21 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD