I have been using Blackberries for years and have always wanted a couple of features in the Blackberry OS that I would find most valuable. Please let me know if you agree and perhaps if you had any idseas you would like to share.

Also ... how do we get RIM to listen?!!!!

I would like to see more intelligence built into the Sound/Alert Profiles. First and foremost, it would be nice to have the profiles operate under a specific schedule. Another feature to make these profiles more savvy is to have them observe your calendar. When you are in meetings, the profile automatically switches to quiet.

Right now, this is all a manual process. I can recount many times I would be in a meeting and my Blackberry goes off because I forgot to change it. This can be annoying if you are the presenter.

I am well aware that I can schedule my Blackberry to automatically shut off and turn on but, this is still manual and not nearly robust enough to be useful.

Let me know what you think. Would anyone else find this useful???
    12-18-08 10:26 AM
    Your post really belongs in the BB discussion forum and not the news/rumor forum.

Profiler - Automate profile switching - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

FYI, that app doesn't work if the device is locked.
    12-18-08 10:49 AM
    Are we not in the General BB Discussion? I thought I made it a point to place my post here since it would not make sense elsewhere.

Thank you for the link. It will certainly enhance my productivity.
    12-18-08 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD