I am in a heated discussion with my iPhone loving friends. There are some clear advantages that the iPhone has and it led me to ask the following question to Crackberry Nation.

With the next generation Blackberry, what are some features that, in your opinion, would make a perfect Blackberry.
    02-24-10 02:43 PM
    I changed up the title a bit, hope you don't mind. Once we get a few feature ideas down maybe I can even add a poll if you'd like
    02-24-10 02:49 PM
    Better browsing experience, updated media (youtube, media player, etc), do away with the menu-heavy OS. These are the areas where the iPhone mainly has the advantage over BB. So if you add comparable features then you have the perfect device. Same thing with the iPhone, if you add the messaging features and 3rd party multitasking of the BB then you'd have the perfect device there.
    02-24-10 03:00 PM
    my computer in my hand! lol

Seriously, the webkit browser is a good thing. More apps.

widget and more user customisable(no need theme anymore, juste have a lot option customisation option in the OS)
    02-24-10 04:07 PM
    Widgets and the ability to use the new browser or turn it off, i don't want it killing my battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 04:16 PM
    there will be flash on it. using your bb to open/close your garage, turn on/off the tv, turn on/off lights. these maybe a long shot but what the heck.
    02-24-10 05:51 PM
    The ability to sort email by date, sender, and subject natively. For the "premiere"
    email device this should be par for the course. I should not need a 3rd party app
    to make that happen.
    02-24-10 07:57 PM
    I thought the 'How to carry your Berry' was the most over posted thread ever...guess I was wrong...apparently this thread is even more hackneyed.
    Moderators participating in it too! What a joke.
    02-24-10 08:20 PM
    I thought the 'How to carry your Berry' was the most over posted thread ever...guess I was wrong...apparently this thread is even more hackneyed.
    Moderators participating in it too! What a joke.
    Well pardon the .... out of me. One Mod posted that the thread title was changed.

I was the only one to answer the actual question and I am not apologizing for
    doing so.

Yes the question gets answered a lot but there are a few things to consider:

1) As time passes by peoples opinions change (i.e. must have apps)

2) It is always better and MORE WELCOMING to answer a new members
    question rather than dismissing it because it has been asked before.
    Took me as much time to do so as it took you to post what you did.
    3) Yes, I am a Moderator. I am also a contributing member. I'll post what
    and where I wish.

You really could have found better use of your time and keystrokes.
    02-24-10 08:37 PM
    to be honest!
    i wish we had the what the iPhones had.
    and that is
    better in person costumer support. i hate that when my friends with an iphone can book an appointment with an genius and fix there phone in person. other then that the BB is grand
    02-25-10 12:20 AM
    to be honest!
    i wish we had the what the iPhones had.
    and that is
    better in person costumer support. i hate that when my friends with an iphone can book an appointment with an genius and fix there phone in person. other then that the BB is grand
    02-25-10 12:22 AM
    I wish from deep down in my wishing place for a good quality video phone app!! As well as flash. I need me my flash dammit!!!

02-25-10 12:54 AM
    Slide out keyboard (n900 way, which means, a landscape KB) and a huge screen. 2500 battery. I don't mind thickness. Divx support. 512 RAM and an 800x640 AMOLED screen. That would be nice . Storm3 or storm4 perhaps? I wish! Until then I'm content with using some days my storm2 and other days my bold2

02-25-10 01:00 AM
    better browser, more and better apps, and the processor to run it. Also would like to see the end of sure press. I swear, my next bb will be one with a keyboard, maybe a curve.

02-25-10 01:02 AM
    I would have to say just thee web browser issue, that am always seeing being talkked about.

02-25-10 01:34 AM
    Well I have a 9700, and right now I think this thing is the closest there is to a perfect BB. That being said, I'd love a touchscreen (and a bigger screen at the same phenomenal resolution), but do NOT lose the qwerty! Of course I want a better browser and flash. As far as apps go, I've found everything I've needed. What are you people looking for? I mean we have Google Voice and iPhone doesn't. They're totally sandboxed and we're not. What apps do you want besides "more"?
    02-25-10 02:07 AM
    I would have to say just thee web browser issue, that am always seeing being talkked about.

Yup. In just about every review of a newly released blackberry the author will say something about how the browser lacks vs the competition because it really does. I mean there are so many useful features to a blackberry and it should have been had a better browser especially with the prices these things cost.
    02-25-10 12:45 PM
    1) Well pardon the .... out of me.

2) You really could have found better use of your time and keystrokes.
    Okay to number one...
    Doubtful to number two...
    CBerry used to have certain standards that were maintained. Seems like they are out the door. A simple thread search by me revealed at least a dozen similar threads within the past few months which also makes your argument about 'tastes changing' specious...at best.

So, my wishlist would include a recurring message be sent to all new members of CBerry imploring them to spend more time reading than writing. The only way to remove yourself from the recurring message would be to respond to the message acknowledging the fact that the new user will search before blurting.
    Last edited by christopherp; 02-25-10 at 08:22 PM. Reason: clarity
    02-25-10 08:15 PM
    Better browser................
    02-25-10 08:19 PM
    1. At least 1GB of app memory
    2. Browser to compete with latest devices
    3. Full QWERTY slide out with a full screen

02-25-10 08:21 PM
    Okay to number one...
    Doubtful to number two...
    CBerry used to have certain standards that were maintained. Seems like they are out the door. A simple thread search by me revealed at least a dozen similar threads within the past few months which also makes your argument about 'tastes changing' specious...at best.

So, my wishlist would include a recurring message be sent to all new members of CBerry imploring them to spend more time reading than writing. The only way to remove yourself from the recurring message would be to respond to the message acknowledging the fact that the new user will search before blurting.
    Fortunately this is not about YOUR Crackberry wishlist.

As to my argument being specious, far from it. In the last month we have
    acquired over 100,000 new members and they ALL have the right to ask
    what they wish. Those willing to answer will, those wishing to get all pissy
    about repeat questions will do what you are.

If the thread annoyed you you could have simply skipped it. But go ahead,
    do whatever blows your hair back. What would the internet be without E-Thugs.
    02-25-10 09:36 PM
    WIDGETS!!! -----> more than one home screen!
    02-25-10 10:30 PM
    And more free apps.
    02-25-10 10:31 PM
    1. At least 1GB of app memory
    Couldn't agree more: there are some wonderful apps out there for BlackBerry, but you can't download more than four or five of them at a time. Look at the 16GB of memory on an iPhone: loads of room for apps there. Surely 1GB of app memory on a BlackBerry isn't too much to ask?

I would also like to see a better camera. The 2MP camera on my old Windows Mobile 'phone was so much better than the 2MP camera on my Bold 9000.
    04-09-10 03:15 AM
    My wish for the Blackberry would to see a ruggedized, or at the least, a waterproof phone. Imagine the possibilities of texting in the rain, e-mailing in the pool or just listening to Pandora as you water-ski on the lake. Of course, a lanyard attachment would be required for the skiing.

But seriously, cases are great but I've yet to find one that's waterproof for the 'berry. I'm simple, I want my stuff to last but I now need the functionality of a Blackberry. I just don't want to worry about getting thrown into a pool with my phone on me.
    04-09-10 10:31 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD