Love using my passport for browsing and text and e mails appwise tho it's sidelined for my work iphone.
    I do enjoy showing off the passport though it still turns heads, would definitely buy an android version of it!

Swiped on my Passport!
    I think many here would probably do the same... it is a very "special" design, that really shouts BLACKBERRY.

Forgetting the screen ratio, and forgetting any Google design requirements..... If BlackBerry converted their remaining stock of BB10 phones (Classic and Passport at least).... they would probably sell out of inventory within a couple of days.
    09-23-16 01:54 PM
    I think many here would probably do the same... it is a very "special" design, that really shouts BLACKBERRY.

Forgetting the screen ratio, and forgetting any Google design requirements..... If BlackBerry converted their remaining stock of BB10 phones (Classic and Passport at least).... they would probably sell out of inventory within a couple of days.
    The design is unique to say the least. I'm just so surprised at the people posting that are coming from iPhone, like I did. So far I'm not seeing any Android (Samsung) users posting. I dunno, I find that interesting, must be something about an iPhone users brain, hah.

OP, depends on your Android needs. Big name apps like SnapChat, Google Maps, WhatsApp will probably turn off the tap sooner than later. BUT, I'm guessing you'd be fine with a lot of third party devs who want as many people using their app as possible (especially if it's free / ad based). In those cases, you're probably fine indefinitely ( > 2 years). It may also be the case that people can choose to stop updating the Android apps and they'll continue to work. But it's a crapshoot at this point.

EDIT: OP, maybe 'scratch that itch' and get the Passport. You have 30 days to return it, but a week should be enough to satisfy you as to whether or not it's worth it. And failing that, if you're loyal to BlackBerry, the DTEK50 is a nice budget phone that gets the job done. AND, the Priv is on sale until October 10th in many countries if you want to explore that route.
    09-23-16 07:39 PM
    "Is it wise to buy a Passport now?"

Buy a BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition since they're on sale in the US, Canada, possibly UK and others.
    09-23-16 10:29 PM
    It's wise but honestly it's not.
    09-23-16 11:59 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm tempting because of the price drop, but the latest rumours have me holding off. Not sure it will matter for me thought. I have a classic right now and the lack of apps doesn't really bother me.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 12:07 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm tempting because of the price drop, but the latest rumours have me holding off. Not sure it will matter for me thought. I have a classic right now and the lack of apps doesn't really bother me.

Posted via CB10
    If you're already on BB10 with the Classic and happy? You'll be fine with the Passport, I guarantee it.
    09-24-16 12:26 AM
    Buying a Passport is always wise.
    09-24-16 04:51 AM
    I'm considering a passport too. It seems to have everything I need and the prices are coming down.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 07:03 AM
    Get the passport, you won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 07:32 AM
    I just bought one from the blackberry sale! I've always wanted one so why not?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 08:59 AM
    I just ordered a Passport SE from the ShopBlackBerry sale and I'm confident it will do what I expect of it for at least a couple more years, regardless of what happens with BlackBerry.

That said, I have an old iPhone that I plan to use as a secondary backup device to have access to apps I need.

I've never used a Passport before, but I'm excited to finally get my hands on one. I have a feeling it will be the phone of my dreams.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    09-24-16 09:10 AM
    I'm in the exact same boat, although my Q5 isn't quite dying, but time is running out quickly.

The current sale is fantastic, but I have to be realistic: this is an EOL platform. Even BBM, which I rely on, isn't getting updated like the other platforms. So while I too would love the phone, I would be constantly bumping up against the apps that stop working, even with snap, etc. Onedrive, onenote, evernote...whatsapp is already going...I need these. I still use my PB and am comfortable with workarounds, but that's my entertainment - my phone has to just work.

I am literally hanging on waiting for BlackBerry to release another PKB that runs Android, but ultimately I think you are better off even taking the $300 and putting it towards a Priv.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 09:28 AM
    Hello, I think that is a good solution using the two operating systems. I use BlackBerry PRIV and BlackBerry Classic. What it does one, it has other, while both have the best - BlackBerry hub. The choice is yours, but now the phone has to have security, but also well-running applications.
    09-24-16 12:41 PM
    How long do you guys think the passport stock browser stays useable for?

I ask as i would still be using my playbook if the browser worked half decent.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-24-16 11:32 PM
    Define usable. Opera mini is still usable although it's quite outdated.

Passport!
    09-25-16 12:05 AM
    I think the stock browser is good for a couple years at least for general use, but depends on the sites you visit. I have lots of issues with yahoo's site (probably their site more than anything). I am confident the browser will be useable, but needing occasional worarounds. Depends on how much of a headache you are willing to put up with.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 11:19 AM
    I talked two friends into buy used passports because they like having a pkb and large screen. They don't use many apps and mainly use the device for messaging, email and first and foremost, a phone.

So far they love the devices, so I would say if the price is right and it's fits your needs, then go for it.
    Great phone. Best ever, dare I say.

Unless you're a "whatsapp dealbreaker" ... ;-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    Avenzuno likes this.
    09-25-16 03:31 PM
    Do you get opera mini on amazon?

09-26-16 11:44 AM
    Also the passport has been my best phone to date.

I will have a hard time ever giving up this pkb.

09-26-16 11:46 AM
    Buy 2, they're on sale!
    09-26-16 04:23 PM
    And even though Amazon, Cobalt's Playstore or Snap won't work at one point of time - There are plenty of other Appstors. In the beginning of my time as a OS10 user I just installed the apk via Playstore on my old Android device and then backed the apk up and sent it to my Z10 - it worked.

And this way or another apks will continue to work for a long time I think.
    09-27-16 06:13 AM
    Just be aware if Blackberry did suddenly disappear in a years time, your device may not be as functional as it is now.
    09-27-16 04:25 PM
    OP, if you needed a car and you had to choose between a Lexus with all the modern bells and whistles or a 69 camaro, which would you choose? Your answer will give you the answer to the passport question as well.

Passport!
    09-27-16 06:53 PM
    Define usable. Opera mini is still usable although it's quite outdated.

Passport!
    Try Polarity instead of Opera.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 06:58 PM
    The Passport was my favorite BB and phone. Sorry, but it's time to move on to dtek devices now

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 07:31 PM
69 123