I just got a bold and am running desktop manager v4.6

Here is what i have done so far to try to get email sync'd:
    1. loaded the desktop manager and followed the prompts to connect to my work email which is via MS Outlook.
    2. used the cable to sync my contacts and calendar
    3. run the redirector software
    4. on my device I connected through the email setup application and added the work address used in step 1
    5. on my device i have two message folders, one with an internet symbol and one that just says messages.
    6. on my device i have two email options - the profile I created in step 1 and the internet connection.
    7. i keep redirector running in the background on my computer

Here is what I am seeing:
    1. i get duplicates of my email in the "messages" folder, and after a delay I get a single email in the "internet folder".
    2. i am not getting a wireless sync of email status (read / unread) or deleted emails.

I couldn't find anywhere the right steps to undertake to get the system working the right way. Should I be doing the desktop manager connection AND the internet setup? Seems like that wasn't right given the duplicates I am getting in the "messages" folder.

Thanks to anyone that can help!
    06-08-09 09:52 AM
    I think I figured out some of this on my own.

I turned off redirector on my computer, that has solved the dual emails in the generic message box.

I activated my work email through the blackberry internet services, so now I have the two message folders, but they stay sync'd.

I don't know how the blackberry internet server actually connects to my work's exchange server? Maybe because I originally used the redirector and that created the link? Or does it utilize the outlook web browser connection to get at the email?

The only issue I have now is wireless reconciliation. If i read a message on my bold it does show as "read" in my outlook inbox. But if I read the message in outlook it doesn't mark as read on my bold. From my use of BB three years ago I remember an issue where if you have outlook configured to automatically mark messages as read using the preview pane that didn't carry over to the device. I tried turning it off but doesn't seem to work. Any help out there on how to get the read / unread to reconcile in both directions?
    06-09-09 04:16 AM
    i continued to read up on this on the BB website forums. The read status only goes in one direction - from the device to the mailbox when using BIS with outlook. It is the same thing with hotmail.

I am going to have our IT guys run the BES in order to get better wireless connectivity to my outlook. For hotmail I may just use the web browser via Live mobile to check email.

Hopefully this helps some others out there.
    06-10-09 05:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD