I use wireless contact sync on my iphone and Android. It works great and is 100% reliable and robust. Enjoying this service, I set up wireless contact sync on my Blackberry. It is a disaster.

Sync is very slow and not reliable, I have 6,500 contacts (work database). Not all my contacts came over. After about 5,000 contacts, the sync stopped and I kept having to force a manual sync. 12 hours later, I still did not have my contacts.

It is frustrating to need an email address or phone number while out on the road and not have it.

The other thing is photos on the contacts did not come over, where it does on android.

I have deleted my address book on my Blackberry and gone back to syncing with a cable like Fred Flintstone.

I don't know who to blame for this? Is this Google's fault, offering an incomplete service, sabotaging the experience on a competitor's phone? Or is this an issue with the RIM OS and Google can't work with it?

Ughhh!!!!!!
    02-10-12 01:21 PM
    Well now that you did go Freddy Flintstone on BBs a$$ you might want to fire up BB protect and send the contacts to BB protect. Just so you don't have to do this again.

BTW, how did you do the first wireless sync? Did you use the Gsync app?
    02-10-12 02:16 PM
    Well now that you did go Freddy Flintstone on BBs a$$ you might want to fire up BB protect and send the contacts to BB protect. Just so you don't have to do this again.

BTW, how did you do the first wireless sync? Did you use the Gsync app?
    Hi Sam. I used the wireless sync option that is available if you have a gmail account.

It is built into the BB core email app. It is a Gmail plug in and not to be confused with Google Sync.
    02-10-12 02:39 PM
    Try the google sync app, 6,500 contacts is a lot of contacts.
    02-10-12 05:31 PM
    I one had over 10,000 contacts & they synced ok.....this however was an issue, becuase my Computer & Gmail got into a bit of an argument & started douplicating my contacts. These doublicated contacts would then be synced, & douplicated again.....I did notice a bit of a slow down on my phone as it was constantly downloading my "new" contacts, but that was it.
    02-10-12 05:59 PM
    Hello, fellow BB users.

I would like to do further testing on a BB PIM sync service that I put together. I have been using my service for about a month, but need some additional testers.

Syncs any mobile phone to any desktop operating system. But I am mostly interested in developing the service specifically for BB users. I am using it to sync my Windows 7 64bit desktop via Thunderbird and Lightning Calendar, Windows 7 32bit desktop via MS Outlook 2010, and BB Bold. Maintains sync for: Contacts, Calendar / Appointments, Tasks, Notes.

Anyone helping me test will have a lifetime license for the service.

Are either of you interested?

Trialsman
    02-23-12 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD