I wiped my Curve 8330 and sold it, but I notice in my Gmail activity log that a BlackBerry IP address is still checking my email via IMAP every few hours.
    I presume a wipe and a reset to factory settings would remove all that data, did I miss something?
    For now I just changed my password but it's a bit concerning...
    04-21-10 01:33 PM
    Where is the IP address from?
    04-21-10 01:49 PM
    IP resolves to bda-67-223-77-101.bise.na.blackberry.com
    04-21-10 02:00 PM
    did you remove the acct from the bis site?
    04-21-10 02:04 PM
    I don't have the phone anymore and I've switched to a different carrier. I have no idea what my BIS username/password was when I added the account, I've tried a handful of combinations of what I thought it could be but no luck so far.
    04-21-10 02:06 PM
    Sure sounds like he/she did not! You need to go to your provider's BIS site and remove your account. You might need to do this via a call to them since you may no longer have an account with them.

EDIT: This step is often forgotten, and can turn out to be a real hassle for the buyer. You need to unregister your PIN from the BIS before you sell a BB. You can do this via the Web or by calling your carrier.
    04-21-10 02:07 PM
    Like blueyestm said. You have to log into the BIS site and terminate your email accounts associated with the PIN of the device you sold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 02:07 PM
    Call your old carrier and have them delete your BIS account. BIS checks your e-mail and pushes it to your phone so wiping it won't stop that.

If you don't call them to get it turned off, whoever gets your new phone may start getting your e-mail pushed to their phone.

Edit: Wow, you guys are fast
    04-21-10 02:08 PM
    I don't have the phone anymore and I've switched to a different carrier. I have no idea what my BIS username/password was when I added the account, I've tried a handful of combinations of what I thought it could be but no luck so far.
    You need to call your old provider they should be able to get it sorted out.
    04-21-10 02:23 PM
    Thanks all, just got off the phone with CS and they were able to delete the account. Now I'm off to change the passwords on everything else (stupid websites that send you a THANKS FOR SIGNING UP, HERE'S YOUR PASSWORD AGAIN email)
    04-21-10 02:28 PM
    I wiped my Curve 8330 and sold it, but I notice in my Gmail activity log that a BlackBerry IP address is still checking my email via IMAP every few hours.
    I presume a wipe and a reset to factory settings would remove all that data, did I miss something?
    For now I just changed my password but it's a bit concerning...
    A simple password change on your gmail mailbox will resolve this instantly

Next try, the RIM server will be denied. A few attempts later it will give up for ever.
    04-21-10 03:30 PM
    Good luck!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 04:15 PM
    ...Uh oh... :S
    04-21-10 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD